Author Topic: (FH2.4) FH2.exe problem - crash  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Blitzkrieg.II

• View Profile
(FH2.4) FH2.exe problem - crash
« on: 17-07-2011, 16:07:33 »
So, I've been able to play FH2 fine, but only if I start through Battlefield 2 and go to the community/custom games/fh2/ and click on activate. And yes, I have already replaced the core bf2 shader's with fh2's shaders so it should load the same as it would when I click on the fh2.exe, but it doesn't. See, when I click on the fh2.exe everything seems to work fine, until my loading finishes, right before you should be able to click on "Start, or join or something" it crashes.

This is rather annoying, because I have to start via the Bf2.exe and go to the community/custom games/fh2 tab every time I wish to play Fh2.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: (FH2.4) FH2.exe problem - crash
« Reply #1 on: 17-07-2011, 16:07:49 »
Are you sure that you installed version 2.4? The problem you are describing is typical for 2.3.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-07-2011, 16:07:18 »
Do you have  Forgotten Hope version 2.4 ? With this you should not have to go to the community tab. It has it's own executable now.

Edit: Damn you Reporter with your Ninja skills

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Blitzkrieg.II

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-07-2011, 22:07:14 »
Like I said, I do have the fh2.exe but I have to start is via the Bf2.exe and go to the community/custom game/fh2 section to get FH2 to run properly.

When I do the step above the map loads just fine, but when I use the fh2.exe it crashes on 100%.

And yes...... I am sure it's 2.4

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-07-2011, 23:07:46 »
Check it again. In 2.4 there is a excutable file called Forgottenhope2.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2)
Try to start that one if you desktop shortcut is failing you.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Blitzkrieg.II

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-07-2011, 02:07:05 »
As you can see I have two Forgotten Hope applications, one is Fh2.exe and the other is ForgottenHope.exe. The Fh2.exe is the one that is on my desktop and crashes after load, and the ForgottenHope2.exe starts vanilla Bf2 for some reason...

And like I said, I can play Fh2 normally through the community/custom game/fh2 tab, but like I said that is only if I start through the regular bf2.exe (vanilla)
But I would rather not have to do that every time... Hope I can get the shortcut to work again, like in previous Fh's.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18-07-2011, 23:07:51 »
Hmmz I don't know what happened to your installation with FH2, but it's a bit fubar.

Try this http://www.2shared.com/file/SeXlyN-1/fh2modpath.html place it in this folder -> C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 and if it works you can make a schortcut to the .bat file and your desktop.

Offline Blitzkrieg.II

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18-07-2011, 23:07:31 »
That doesn't work either... But it's okay, I'll just start via the Bf2.exe and launch Fh2 via the custom game tab. Atleast I can play the game, right? I just hope it will be solved for me in the next patch.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19-07-2011, 08:07:25 »
I'd delete all fh2 related files and reinstall the patch. As NTH said, something must have gone wrong.
Win7 is weird sometimes.

Offline Blitzkrieg.II

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19-07-2011, 15:07:31 »
I already re-installed Bf2 before, don't really want to do it again right now. I'll probably upgrade my computer later this year so I'll re-install windows 7 too.

Anyway, thanks for the help gentlemen.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19-07-2011, 15:07:12 »
Sorry that we couldn't help you, some people just have bad luck with their systems when it comes to that. I can understand why so many developers shy away from PCs... I just wish they wouldn't also dumb down their games following the move to a simpler development surrounding.  ;D

Offline Tubbzone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20-07-2011, 14:07:30 »
I have exactly the same symptoms - can only play through BF2 Community with a fresh install on Win 7.  Not the end of the world, but a bit annoying all the same....!