Author Topic: "You must run forgotten hope 2 through FH2.exe, not BF2.exe"  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Mastermaul

• View Profile
Blah blah i'm obviously doing exactly that, and i've searched around for solutions, tried every damn thing, and it still doesn't work. I'm using the steam version and it's fully updated. Tried running as administrator, fucking around with the shader_client files, all that jazz.

It might still be the shader_client files for all I know, the things I read were full of conflicting information and a thousand dead links to 'fixes'. Please help, I didn't go through the trouble of downloading a 3 gig mod to stare at an error screen that shouldn't be there.

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
ill say this to save others trouble... post your specs.  computer, op system, steam version-thats a good start-  im guessing you already saw this page = http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=11781.0

im sorry your having issues- its well worth the trouble!
« Last Edit: 16-06-2011, 06:06:31 by FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE »

Offline Mastermaul

• View Profile
ill say this to save others trouble... post your specs.  computer, op system, steam version-thats a good start-  im guessing you already saw this page = http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=11781.0

im sorry your having issues- its well worth the trouble!

Windows 7, game is fully updated, and can run fine, don't know why I'd need to post my specs.

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
I have an identical issue but I haven't tried doing anything before finding a solution because I don't wanna mess up either my BF2 or my FH2.

Specs: ATI Radeon HD 6480 (I think not completely sure) edition "Windows 7 Home Premium" 2.7 GHz AMD Phenom II processor, 8.00 GB RAM 64 bit. Hope thats not too much.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Most important is the question as to which version you guys are using.
The BF2 from a DVD, the EA Downloader or Steam?

Other than that once 2.4 ships all this will hopefully be a thing of the past, as the devs put a lot of thought into the new shader system. Thx for your effort though.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
It used to do that to me in earlier patches if I didn't open FH2 as admin.

Edit: should always look first post  ;D Oh well...