Author Topic: FH crashes/several maps/100% map load Verrifiying client data  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
My FH crashes on some maps like Villers Bocage, Operation Cobra, used to crash on Operation Totalize until I restarted my PC after installation.
All the maps have the issue of coming to 100% map load an dgoing into the Verifying Client Data and then crashing all of a sudden.

Using Win7 32bit (ftm), 4GB ram, GTS 250 NVIdia 512
Everything was running greatly on Win XP, now I changed to Win7 and I have these problems. I also used to have twitches when flying but that was solved by new Graphics driver.

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
win 7:
right click on the FH sympol, properties
run under XP SP3 compatible mod.
run as admin
run as destopk something. 

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
Sadly I tried all of that.

Desktop composition does nothing,
Comp for XP or any other Win is a no-no (can't even start the damned thing) and
Run as admin is unavailable since i already am an admin, so no change.

Maybe I should just get the map pack for those levels, maybe some files in mine got corrupted.

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
Ok so I dont know then, maybe N24reporter can help you.
just one question, did you get Bf2 over steam?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Hi Radman,
why can't you run the program in compatibility mode? What is preventing you?
Where to did you install BF2 and which version are you using?
Have you tried running FH2 in windowed mode to check for an error?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
- Try windowed mode to see it there is a error message hidden
- Try manual update of punkbuster
- Tick off compression on the Battlefield 2 and sub folders folder if set

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
No, I don't have the Steam version, bought the Complete Collection some time ago. Doesn't say anythign about no error, if it does say error then it's a memory.dll error - can't find instance or smtg.
BUT that's not the case here.

Compatibility mode just doesn't run. It goes into black screen and doesn't wanna load.
I have 3 partitions and I'm always installing thing son the others/not WIN.
Punkbuster isn't the problem cause I play all maps fine. Just the named maps don't work.

I think there is a faulty file in my Maps folder in the named maps. Twat would be my best guess since it crashes only when it loads the map at 100% and goes into Verifying Client Data. So Vil.Boc , Opr. Cobra, Opr. Totalize (I fixed that one)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Ah then just reinstall FH2 and all should be well.
Remember when editing stuff, always make a backup of a clean FH2 folder. Installing FH2 then will only take the time you need to replace that folder with the broken one. :)

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
I don't mod/change stuff. I downloaded my version from the =DAM= link. Maybe when I downloaded some files went corrupt. But 4 exmp. I go into the Wespe on Totalize, run 10m and then the game freezes and crashes after 1min.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
That does sound more like a hardware problem. :(

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
Ye but I'm running the same hardware as on my previous XP Windows. I just installed Windows 7.
However, I managed to start Villers Bocage 2 times but when I push Join Game the interface starts but twitchy, laggy, and after 7-8 seconds crashes.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Ye but I'm running the same hardware as on my previous XP Windows. I just installed Windows 7.
However, I managed to start Villers Bocage 2 times but when I push Join Game the interface starts but twitchy, laggy, and after 7-8 seconds crashes.

Win7 needs more resources than Win XP, so you just might have a faulty RAM stick that can't cope with the load of both BF2 and Win7. Try deactivating the desktop composition again while playing FH2. And try Win98 compatibility mode just for a go.