Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 117364 times)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #30 on: 10-02-2013, 15:02:18 »
This looks really good.

http://warthunder.com/en/game/features/13/current/
From massive multiplayer battles with random players to sophisticatedly designed events for experienced virtual pilots, from modes with simplified control settings to co-op missions against AI enemies—War Thunder is always full of action.

Question: How Massive is the Multi-Player?  8 vs 8 or are we talking hundreds of players?

Can you create a custom plane and name it?

That would be cool. Just like the Red Baron in WWI.

8)
Seeing how WoT is called "MMO" without it having anything massive about it...
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10-02-2013, 15:02:42 »
Seeing how WoT is called "MMO" without it having anything massive about it...
One of the reasons I stopped playing WoT...
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10-02-2013, 16:02:38 »
Question: How Massive is the Multi-Player?  8 vs 8 or are we talking hundreds of players?

Right now 16v16 planes per match, but I assume they will expand the player limit (a lot) once they introduce the combined land/air(/sea) battles.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10-02-2013, 17:02:18 »
What is the best way to get ranks for your planes. I don't mind grinding a bit, but I won't pay for anything and I am all out of Golden Eagles.
It seems to go so slow.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #34 on: 10-02-2013, 17:02:28 »
Historical battles.
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10-02-2013, 17:02:55 »
What is the best way to get ranks for your planes. I don't mind grinding a bit, but I won't pay for anything and I am all out of Golden Eagles.
It seems to go so slow.
You can do the tutorials for some GE (in case you didn't know). Also, what rank are you? They should go fairly easy at the beginning.
Historical battles.
You say? You get more exp. in historical battles or something?
« Last Edit: 10-02-2013, 17:02:35 by Musti »
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #36 on: 10-02-2013, 18:02:57 »
Yeah, historical battles gain you a lot of xp
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10-02-2013, 18:02:35 »
Right now 16v16 planes per match, but I assume they will expand the player limit (a lot) once they introduce the combined land/air(/sea) battles.

If they bump the Multi-Player up to 64 & include land/air(/sea) battles could we be talking about a rival to the battlefield series?

:o

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10-02-2013, 18:02:59 »
Yeah, historical battles gain you a lot of xp

But they also take upwards to 30 minutes to finish... While arcade usually talkes 10... So it's not that of an advantage...

Indeed, this might become a free to play successor of battlefield, but they aren't planning to add infantry, and I doubt that the concept of combined battles will work... Sea + air might work... But land forces will just get blown up in the first 5 minutes without even seeing their (land) enemies...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline hslan.Grim

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 10-02-2013, 19:02:31 »
played a battle with mouse and it went much better then with joystick. But since I have sworn never to fly with mouse and only with joystick I have thrown this game away. Absolutely stupid to give penalties to joystick users (is this confirmed or just a observation?). If this is not fixed I will never ever touch this game again.

And yes this is kind of a rage because I had high hopes about this game  >:(.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 10-02-2013, 19:02:53 »
Surfbird posted a link with YT video where somebody i doing rather well using a joystick thanks to setting it up properly, maybe you should try those settings. I don't think that penalizing joystick users was intentional, it just happened when they tried o make it easy for mouse and keyboard players(I think).
If it was intentional though, fuck them, thats just fucked up.
WARNING!

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10-02-2013, 19:02:30 »
That´s what I hate about flying in FH2. Those joystick-kiddies have an unfair advantage. It´s good that they made a game where skill matters rather than what equipment you have at home. Just fly with mouse and keyboard. I wouldn´t play it if you could just win by using a gamepad/ joystick.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10-02-2013, 19:02:01 »
Holey shiit, mentlegen I present you Beaufighter!

Pro tip: Don't ignore Beaufighter in a fight, and for the love of god DON'T attack it head-on. Those 4 20mm cannons are destroying everything in no time! Of course it takes bloody 17 years before you can aim at somebody, but when it does, damn!

That´s what I hate about flying in FH2. Those joystick-kiddies have an unfair advantage. It´s good that they made a game where skill matters rather than what equipment you have at home. Just fly with mouse and keyboard. I wouldn´t play it if you could just win by using a gamepad/ joystick.
Well, this is a flying almost-semi-simulator, so I'd say it should definitely support joysticks properly. And there is a difference between making mouse-flying easy, and simply putting joystick users on disadvantage. It's like making joypad superior to mouse and keyboard in FPS.
WARNING!

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10-02-2013, 20:02:32 »
^ Zomg wtf! They need to nerf that thing!

*jelly*

Meanwhile I shot a Beaufighter down yesterday in a Nimrod...

*proud*
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11-02-2013, 16:02:57 »
Anybody here who can explain this to me? I get a warning if I try to level up my bomber MG gunners. I can spend one point, after that I get the message, that there aren´t enough experienced gunners. - The next experienced gunner however costs me 240 crew points... so do the "red" points I add to the gunner I have at the moment do nothing?

Oh and the Beaufighter is insane. I noticed that you can kill a shitload with 2 autocannons on the BF 110 ... the 4 on the Beaufighter just rip everything apart. My poor bombers can´t escape. :(
« Last Edit: 11-02-2013, 16:02:54 by Butcher »
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.