Author Topic: Invasion of Crete 64  (Read 52218 times)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Invasion of Crete 64
« Reply #135 on: 12-03-2012, 08:03:09 »
@Andrew: be sure to check out 2.45, alot of maps have gone through serious updates and improvements, Crete being one of them. Looking forward to your feedback on that.

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 04-08-2012, 13:08:39 »
There is one major issue in my opinion, it is extremely easy to shot down parachuters. Most often my personal landings end up in getting shot :/

To counter this, i think that speed of parachute could be faster, and maybe also could be less hit able a little bit, aswell as it could move faster to sides (to make it harder to hit), dunno, thats the things i can think of =)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 04-08-2012, 17:08:38 »

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 01-11-2012, 06:11:46 »
Could we possibly see some Panzer IIs for the Germans when they capture a flag or two? Wouldn't really affect balance too badly and it would give the 2-pounders something to do ;).
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 01-11-2012, 12:11:02 »
Sounds fair IMO. The brits have vickers, right?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 02-11-2012, 20:11:29 »
A Vickers can't take out a PzII, so it would come down to 2 Pounders only then. Needs testing.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 03-11-2012, 10:11:19 »
Good thing it's a mod then :) constant "open beta". Also, AT rifles?

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 03-11-2012, 13:11:55 »
I'm not against a try with a Panzer II, as it's usually worth trying something but I feel it might not turn out too well. I like the disadvantage as German, you often have to sneak to enemy flags without being seen by the vickers tank or/and always have someone with an AT rifle with you that can definitely deal with a vickers tank, as the Vickers "tank" is one of those vehicles you can fight pretty well with an AT rifle anyway.

Imo Panzer II, which can destroy vickers tanks easily is not a good option and does not fit the whole paratrooper operation too well either in my opinion. Vickers tanks would have to hide instead of swarming out to find paras in the countryside. Generally the Panzer II would prevent pretty much any attacking move from the brits in the area it is around and personally, I like the current gameplay on this map, as this invulnerable threat (in this case the Panzer II) is missing and a lot of the battle is fought with a lot of movement in trucks or Bren carriers all over the map. Add a vehicle that can deal with anything and is only slightly vulnerable (if positioned properly nearly invulnerable) and you'll have a way more static game.
Feel free to try of course, but I think it will not be that nice, as it will simply stay out of 2 pounders range on one of the multiple hills, not allowing anything enemy to do an attack move in it's area.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 03-11-2012, 13:11:39 »
Also, AT rifles?
Yes of course, but like Surfbird says, tere are these hills which you can position yourself on with a wide view of the area in front of you (and OOB in your back) and you can make yourself invulnerable that way.

I also agree on the fact that a unique aspect of this map (the Vickers actually being a threat, I mean, which other map has that?) would be lost by adding the PzII.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 13-11-2012, 09:11:30 »
Vickers can take out a Panzer II extremely quickly (much too fast for the Panzer II to react, less than 2 seconds) with it's machine gun from the side or the rear (or indeed above, as would happen often on Crete). Just a suggestion. I think it would be a good load out to have 3 Vickers spawn at Hill 108, 1 at Suda Bay, and 1 at Maleme, while the Germans get 1 Panzer II at Suda Bay, and 1 at Maleme, if they can capture and hold for x amount of time (5 minutes, say).
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 15-03-2013, 16:03:26 »
Move the Vickers back to the Guard Shack, right behind the gap between the sandbags. Also if you could add a traffic barrier there, that would be cool.

Buggy kit spawns:

PS: I wouldnt want the ones in the last screen to spawn on ground, they should spawn on a table or the back of a truck etc...

Flying Bren tripod!  :D

the Ju52 can leave the ground too quickly. It doesnt use 2/3 of the whole airfield. Honestly, I dont think a heavy plane like that can leave an airfield with so little effort.

Also, there is a flying commander radio in British Rearguard, but I forgot to take a screemshot.

Offline Achtungsnow

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 23-05-2014, 19:05:10 »
The small cypress (cypress_5m) gives a metal effect when you shoot at it. The bigger ones dont have this effect.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 17-06-2014, 15:06:35 »
 Were any of the bugs mentioned above fixed?

;)

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #148 on: 24-07-2014, 14:07:52 »
After pureperversion's reminder, I have reincluded the map into our rotation a few weeks ago.
There have been no complaints so far, the Ju52s are climbing again. Thanks for the fix!
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 08-02-2016, 01:02:23 »
2.5 changelog for Invasion of Crete (all layers)

• "Atmospheric candy": All radios now play a NBC radio broadcast.