Author Topic: Luttich 2.25...  (Read 4130 times)

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
Re: Luttich 2.25...
« Reply #30 on: 07-04-2010, 18:04:21 »
Cool now it works ! Thanks

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15-04-2010, 17:04:20 »
@Drawde

Any word on if the CTD issue with this map has been found?

Also, have you been able to experiment with raised artillery-perspective?

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15-04-2010, 18:04:58 »
I haven't had time to look at this map much, I was working on tracking down the Goodwood CTD and after that the improvements to the AI armour class system. I'll probably have another look at Luttich soon (starting with disabling the weapons AI tweak file to see if it's a hand weapon causing the CTD, as I suspect)

All I know for certain that it's not the bazooka or Panzerschreck causing the issue (tried disabling both of these, still CTDs) and probably not the MG42 Lafette.

(edit): Also, regarding the artillery, I've raised the viewpoint on all mortars + howitzers by about 15-20, any more than this will block spawnpoints. I'm fairly certain that this will allow bots to see over small obstacles like sandbags, hedges and walls, though it doesn't give them aircraft-like overall vision as I'd hoped to do.
« Last Edit: 15-04-2010, 18:04:32 by Drawde »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15-04-2010, 21:04:19 »
Nice to hear...

At least it will make them interesting field equipment, even if not remote firing

Glad to hear you are making progress in Goodwood. Hope the Luttich issue follows

I also recommend trying to set values for camping all vehicles (Unless its possible to do so only for mobile vehicles) to that of 2.2 value before the patch. I had to reinstall FH2 and so I played 2.2 before patching it and was amazed by how many issues noted in 2.25 such as bots camping mg positions on tanks etc was self-solved simply by bots being able to bail. I can understand why Legion changed the value, but with your changes to bot vehicle preference, I see no reason for bots to select AT guns at the right time while not camping vehicles indefinitely

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23-04-2010, 19:04:26 »
I've fixed the cause of the CTD... at least the one introduced with the 1.1 version of my minimod. It was caused by the Composition B not having a secondary fire input assigned. This didn't crash the game with the default AI or the 1.0 minimod, as bots didn't use this weapon.

However, there are still random CTDs on Luttich 64, maybe 50-60% of the time, usually at least 15-20 minutes into the game, often later. I'm not sure of the cause of these; I have a suspicion it might be the static 6pdr AT gun, as the last CTD was when I was killed by a Panther whilst manning the 6pdr.

On a related note, I think I've found a way to stop bots randomly blowing themselves up (and everyone else nearby) with explosives - it's the "c4" setting in the AI behaviour file, set this to 0.0 and this bot behaviour should be disabled. I think they should still use AT charges for their intended purpose - I saw one Geballte Ladung kill message since making this change - but I'll need to do some more testing to be sure.
It's certainly a needed fix, I once saw a German bot on Goodwood 64 cause 7 teamkills (plus himself) this way  :o  - not sure if this is a record?!

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 24-04-2010, 12:04:05 »
Cool. That satchel TK'ing is at it's worst on GW-16 due to the low ticket count (200-200). It almost always results in the Brits having to start with anywhere up to a 15 ticket handicap.