Author Topic: A Christmas Bird - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update  (Read 2320 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: A Christmas Bird - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update
« Reply #15 on: 04-01-2015, 00:01:28 »
While the launcher does make patching easier, it is still not as simple as just pressing "build patch" and then releasing it. In order to make a patch we have to remove all Russian stuff from the svn working copy (and everything else we don't want to release) and then test the resulting new version, to see if it actually works. All told, this means that a patch takes 3 - 4 weeks out of development time for the Eastern Front. Because of that we will use the launcher to hotfix in the weeks directly after a release, fix emergency problems like when gamespy went down or make a patch when some kind of significant new piece of content was added (like say a new map). Then all the small fixes we did in the meantime also get added.

edit:
Also, while a lot of stuff was added to beta recently, it was all for the Eastern Front, so we can't release it on its own anyway. The only exception is the M36B1 tank destroyer, but we will not build a patch for one tank.
« Last Edit: 04-01-2015, 00:01:15 by Ts4EVER »

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04-01-2015, 00:01:11 »
What about improved arty spotting system? I suppose there were other changes too which could be implemented....

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04-01-2015, 00:01:55 »
As I said, emergencies or major content updates.

Offline Viikkasota

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04-01-2015, 18:01:42 »
Will we see more finnish stuff like Lahti L-35 pistol and finnish paints for Messerschmitt Bf-109 and T-34 in the future?

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05-01-2015, 05:01:15 »
Viikkasota, they've already released a number of small fixes through the updater, and it worked quite well.

I believe they're waiting for a single MAJOR release for the Eastern Front. Eastern Front will be a huge step for the mod, truly deserves a massive, well publicized release.

After that I wouldn't be surprised if they release a map here and there through the updater, after they have established the Eastern Front.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3