Author Topic: Crusader Kings II  (Read 6515 times)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II
« Reply #30 on: 04-01-2013, 15:01:01 »
 fág an bealach

I still suck at this game so much.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06-01-2013, 19:01:28 »
Been playing as Kingdom of Georgia for about a week now, currently facing off against the Seljuk Turks in Kurdistan. 25,000 Georgian soldiers against 40,000 infidels.

Edit: Officially won that war and open hostilities have ended. Theres 8000 rebels in my one county and regardless if I win with 15000 troops they'll just rebel again and kill my army. I've noticed alot of Muslim armies disappear next to the rebels, are they joining them or something? I've no idea whats going on.
« Last Edit: 06-01-2013, 20:01:48 by Korsakov829 »

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08-01-2013, 17:01:31 »
Started as the best and most awesome country ever united by man -Norway :P
I surrendered to Harold (yeah, whatever) to focus on total Scandinavian domination. Somehow sweden lost against Erik the Heathen, so entire sweden became pagan. Let the holy war begin! Now I got over half of Sweden.

Norway is alot of fun. I have been in CONSTANT war from the start. After 27 years or so of almost continuous war, my generals have become über nice. I can rally around 5-6000 men with three army leaders holding each flank with 20-23 in martial skill. And with Norway's focus on the huskarls- the heavy infantry, then it's so satisfying to watch the enemy's moral plummet once the meelee starts.

The only thing sucking is the succession laws suck so hard. Can't wait to get high crown authority to get the Primo-geniture.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09-01-2013, 19:01:22 »
I prefer Agnatic-Gavelkind succession laws. I don't know why but it always works for me, I've been playing for 200 years and have a dozen kingdoms to my name (Rus, Sweden, Norway, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Georgia, Hungary, Poland, many more), realm size of 400+, thats a whole third of the world. Succession laws are different for each kingdom, its important to guard your titles. Usually takes me a whole two hours before I allow a day to pass, because its difficult holding all these together now. One day you rule the world, the next your a lowly count. And its always a constant war with the vassals, they will never be wholy satisfied. I just wish I could do away with the dukes and hundreds of counts. Once a year a count or duchy tries to become independent, but 200,000 Russian soldiers puts them back in their place.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14-02-2013, 23:02:43 »
75% off till 21st February....

I am starting to seriously consider getting this...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203770/?snr=1_4_4__104
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #35 on: 15-02-2013, 16:02:36 »
Do it. Modest price for an excellent game. Learning curve can be steep but get some friends to play it with, it's brilliant. This amount is definitely worth it.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 31-03-2013, 19:03:55 »
Bit of a necro but in case anyone on this forum is on the fence about this game, you should get it.  As one can see by reading through this thread, I did not understand this game at all for quite some time (perhaps because it does, admittedly, have shit tutorials), and had to spend a large amount of time at first irritating Fuchs for advice.

However a few months on and I really appreciate this game.  It is one of the most immersive I have ever played, once you figure it out.  I had thought it was more complicated than it truly was.

On another note, does anyone here play the Lux Invicta mod for this game?  I have been playing it recently and it's brilliant. 

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06-06-2013, 01:06:07 »
I've deleted all my saves (wow 30gb since I last cleaned it out 5 months ago) and I'm updating to 1.10, plus I got The Old Gods. I heard the technology system was reworked somehow, how does it work now?

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06-06-2013, 02:06:59 »
I don't know I can't figure it out.

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06-06-2013, 07:06:24 »
You gather up points in your capital holding if your title is above a count. Once you have enough points you can invest into one of the techs and increase it a level. The technology spreads normally from the provinces that are invested in.

Here's a dev diary about it:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?689521-Crusader-Kings-II-The-Old-Gods-Dev-Diary-7-Technology-in-the-Dark-Ages
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 16-06-2013, 18:06:39 »
So I bought the Old Gods and am playing as a slavic pagan kingdom.  Can I still raid?  I mean I sent an army across a land border and toggled the raid button, and I saw their little loot bar go down, but I didn't actually seem to make any money.  Someone told me that you have to have boats to raid and hold the gold, is this true?

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 16-06-2013, 18:06:59 »
Yes you need boats, you can't carry it across land.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 16-06-2013, 20:06:42 »
Even when you're not Norse?

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 16-06-2013, 20:06:28 »
You don't need boats. Just activate pillaging, move to a neighbour province that is not your religion (or culture, can't remember), loot it and then move back to a friendly province.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 16-06-2013, 20:06:21 »
Ah so only neighbouring provinces? That may have been my problem.