Author Topic: Crusader Kings II  (Read 6513 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Crusader Kings II
« on: 07-06-2012, 21:06:28 »
Surprises me there is no thread for this game yet, nor for it's predecessor. I confess I have never played CK I but I am playing CK II and I am loving it, very unique game. You are not a nation but a dynasty. Or rather just a family and when you pass away you continue playing as your heir. You need to keep this up for as long as possible until you die out.

Gameplay is very diverse in my opinion, you need to deal with your family, personal choices, vassals whining, peasants being the useless rabble they are, etc. etc. while you also need to research technology, build new structures, conquer more lands, destroy infidels, etc. and of course politics. Always marry your daughters to influential dukes/counts/barons and your sons to daughters of influential people. Power is power!

I also bought the Ruler Designer DLC, that's a lot of fun. I created the Duke of Saxony as an alter ego of myself with adjusted names to fit the German medieval situation. Really cool.

And the Game of Thrones mod was released a week or two ago; best thing I have ever played in multiplayer! The fun I had with some friends even equals the fun I had with the 130th in FH2. And that's very hard.

Here a screenshot of my current Duchy of Rostov, my goal is to make the Kingdom of Rus. Currently at 38% of the necessary regions. Will make it to 50%  :)

"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II
« Reply #1 on: 03-07-2012, 19:07:05 »
Oh look no one ever comment on Fuch's thread, how sad.

However, because I am  a kind and gentlemanne, I shall.

I am thinking of getting this game because I am about to start reading/watching Game of Thrones and this looks pretty cool. 

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03-07-2012, 19:07:16 »
Never ever even noticed this thread  ;D.

Anyway, played crusader kings 1 and enjoyed greatly on other paradox strategy games, so I might buy this at some point.

This game has the best trailers ever made btw. Look for Crusader Kings 2 Seven deadly sins on youtube.
« Last Edit: 03-07-2012, 19:07:13 by ajappat »

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #3 on: 03-07-2012, 21:07:19 »
Got it for few weeks already, still haven't got the time to actually play it :P
CMP Gaming

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-07-2012, 23:07:47 »
Sword of Islam was released. Bought it, haven't had time to test it yet. Most annoying thing about the game: you need time for it. Which is a good thing but not when you have a busy week.

Oh look no one ever comment on Fuch's thread, how sad.

However, because I am  a kind and gentlemanne, I shall.

I am thinking of getting this game because I am about to start reading/watching Game of Thrones and this looks pretty cool.
I love you CPS, I had almost lost faith in this community. All the Hearts of Iron fanboys but nobody who played Crusader Kings II.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04-07-2012, 04:07:35 »
Oh I love you as well Fuchs, you are a fellow Cactus Friend.  and somebody please hit me up if these go on sale on Steam, I just watched a documentary medieval history and I'm itching to play this.  On a side note I'm peculiarly bad at grand strategy games, I simply could not get my head around Hearts of Iron.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-07-2012, 15:07:38 »
This is easier than Hearts of Iron and in my opinion more fun too. I think it's currently on sale on Amazon.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04-07-2012, 15:07:42 »
Bomb diggity! Down from $40 to $10!!!!!!! Fuchs I could give you a big bear hug right now

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #8 on: 04-07-2012, 15:07:44 »
I think I paid it some 7-8 euros a few weeks ago on steam for it
CMP Gaming

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04-07-2012, 17:07:22 »
Get the Ruler Designer DLC too, Shark Pajama, it's badass.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05-07-2012, 01:07:56 »
It won't let me play as a Pagan or a republic!  That was like my top two choices!  who to be who to be...

Offline Achtungsnow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05-07-2012, 07:07:17 »
You can start a game as a pagan without much hassle, you just have to edit one text file and you should be ready to go. This video should explain how http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuUkWoTxbL8
(Just as a hint, you might want to convert to catholic or orthodox asap or you're going to get holywar'd before you know it, still funny to read when you convert someone to suomenusko  :) )

I've played as one of the Finnish duchies (Tavastians to be exact) and this is how far ive got:

too bad i cannot create the Empire of Scandinavia because your character needs to be north german  :(
« Last Edit: 05-07-2012, 07:07:29 by Achtungsnow »

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05-07-2012, 08:07:05 »
I am very terrible at this game so far.  I was feeling patriotic and selected an Irish Earl in medieval County Louth, and i was actually having fun though I really accomplished nothing, for like 7 game years.  Then my neighbour in County Tyrone annexed me and it was terrible.

So I tried another campaign as the King of Sweden and instantly felt overwhelmed at my many sort of responsibilities.  Big countries are too difficult for me to manage and small countries are too powerless to do anything with! What a dilemma.  Though my medieval geography knowledge is improving.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05-07-2012, 14:07:54 »
Play the tutorial and start modest. Duchy of Rostov is perfect to start with after the tutorial since you can attack pagans and Muslims and you are an independent duke while most of your Russian neighbours are your friends since you are all brothers, nephews or whatever. Rurikovich ftw.

If you need any help, ask me on Steam.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05-07-2012, 20:07:59 »
It runs on same engine as as EU3 and HoI3 right?

Would it possibly have same fancy tool that original crusader kings had? In crusader kings 1, finished save game file could be moved to europa universalis 2 and continued on that game. Is same possible with Crusader kings 2 and europa universalis 3?