Author Topic: Heroes and Generals  (Read 8691 times)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes and Generals
« Reply #15 on: 11-10-2011, 22:10:11 »
I didn´t get a confirmation email for my registration, yet, even though I´ve signed up some hours ago. I assume they have lots of new registrations, so it seems like it´s once more time to play the "waiting game".
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11-10-2011, 23:10:09 »
Wow, the game looks really nice, i'll be sure to keep track on its progress. Registered for alpha, hoping to get the code.
View distance when flying the plane is really nice. Maybe juuuust maaaybe its a game that will have a chance to be on the level of FH2 when it comes to WW2 shooters.

I didn´t get a confirmation email for my registration, yet, even though I´ve signed up some hours ago. I assume they have lots of new registrations, so it seems like it´s once more time to play the "waiting game".
It can be fault of "nationality" of your e mail.I had to register another email account on yahoo.com to get into the WOT beta. because apparently it had problems with Polish e mail address.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24-01-2012, 23:01:42 »
I registered yesterday and got an alpha account today. Maybe you all should try registering again.

Gameplay seems pretty much like what battlefield delivers, as in different vehicle categories (jeep, apc, tanks, planes) and weapons. Only one plane and two tanks to choose from currently, but hand weapons already include things like hafthohlladung and s-mines.
When you are dead, you choose a spawnpoint and with what kit/vehicle to spawn. Spawning with vehicle and the steering felt too arcade for my taste.

Right now it´s in alpha state, meaning it just reached a barely playable stage. You get things like controls freak out, so you suddenly move around uncontrollable, weapons/shells seem not to work sometimes and also some horrible graphics and sounds. Anyhow, I can see this becoming a really interesting game if they put in a few more months of development.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #18 on: 25-01-2012, 00:01:11 »

http://tournaments.myinternetservices.com/showthread.php?t=287858

Soon now....
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25-01-2012, 09:01:11 »
Got the key yesterday, but since I wasn't at home, I couldn't take part
in yesterdays playtest...maybe next time.
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Krataeng

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25-01-2012, 16:01:46 »
Big thx for sharing the link!

Seems really interesting (contains many ideas of my dream video game^^).

Offline Tuco

• FH lurker since 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03-02-2012, 22:02:29 »
Anyone else get their key today? Just got mine, so excite.
If you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03-02-2012, 22:02:44 »
Yup, me too.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03-02-2012, 22:02:47 »
ZOMG I got it... Cya all tomorrow on the playsession...!
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04-02-2012, 00:02:19 »
Don´t get too excited about the playtests. The last one I took part in was a laggy mess with people constantly dropping, extreme lags etc and in the end the servers crashed completely.
I couldn´t experience much of the gameplay (of course, it´s an alpha) and since the devs want to test server stability atm, don´t have too high hopes.
The game has lots of potential and I´m quite interested to see what way it´ll go, especially regarding the planned payment system. Some sort of "play for free, pay to win"-concept which we see quite often nowadays would be a real downer.
Now, if they´d do something similiar as WW2OL, that´d be interesting.
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Tuco

• FH lurker since 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04-02-2012, 20:02:05 »
Playing it currently, rough but it has potential. Just had a crete moment btw killing spree with mah bicycle lol. ;D
If you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04-02-2012, 21:02:38 »
Played for 5 minutes in total (of the 2 hours). Apparently I'm a victim of one unfortunate error that is bugging a lot of people... But the things I have seen look quite good! They got several interesting features, I just hope they don't go too "arcade" as that niche is pretty much filled today...

EDIT: managed to play some more and I've got to say, if this game one day decides to support modding community the devs should definitely look into it... An epic FH 3 with a lot of interesting features could be made... Of course it's still to early to say what path this game will take...
« Last Edit: 04-02-2012, 23:02:43 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Easy Eight

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05-02-2012, 18:02:05 »
[...]
They got several interesting features, I just hope they don't go too "arcade" as that niche is pretty much filled today...
[...]
I hope that they don't make it too realistic either, FH2 is about max what I would play. There are a lot of RO and WWII Online players in the offical H&G forum, who try to make a semi milsim (no on-map arti, only IL2-vets should be able to fly etc.) out of it. I hope that they don't take over the developement.  :'(

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05-02-2012, 19:02:29 »
I hope they do, flying mechanics in FH2 are way to oversinplified and gameplay is too spamy , lets hope hand weapons in H&G dont handle like rail guns with instant accuaracy

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05-02-2012, 19:02:44 »
[...]
They got several interesting features, I just hope they don't go too "arcade" as that niche is pretty much filled today...
[...]
I hope that they don't make it too realistic either, FH2 is about max what I would play. There are a lot of RO and WWII Online players in the offical H&G forum, who try to make a semi milsim (no on-map arti, only IL2-vets should be able to fly etc.) out of it. I hope that they don't take over the developement.  :'(

Though I am not interested in this game, your perception that it is hard to fly in iL2 is rather ... wrong.

You need to spend at least half an hour or more just to fly your aircraft around to get familiar with it, like how tight it could turn, what is its performance at different speeds etc. There are some planes easier to fly than the others, for example, the bf109 series (except the k, I just can't bear it). Take off is not hard, and landing just require a bit more practice and patience.

I think spending some time learning to fly your aircraft is fair and is certainly not out of reach for even a casual gamer - think of the destruction a plane could do when you mastered it. It makes the battlefield much more realistic: rookie pilots are rookies, and pro pilots are pro - there are supposed to be some people harder to shoot down right? Rookies either improve their skills or get massacred, sometimes it is just sick to see rookies wasting your team's assets in FH2... really.

Personally, if there is an semi-realistic WWII game that you fly like iL2, that is, you might only do one or two bombing run an hour, I might consider flying in that game, as it gives me the immersion of being a WWII pilot. It is not rewarding to fly those planes in FH2 at all. Somehow I find FH2 air combat too fast paced for my like: I like to be more casual and not have my nerves tense all the moment. In iL2 at least you have wingman so you don't feel that "zomg I am alone".

A good game should be rewarding to your inner mind (that is what getting people hooked FOR THE LONG RUN), not just stimulating your nerves and let you feel fun.
« Last Edit: 05-02-2012, 19:02:47 by General_Henry »