Author Topic: The State of New York approves gay marriage.  (Read 11311 times)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: The State of New York approves gay marriage.
« Reply #45 on: 27-06-2011, 12:06:19 »
But once they married outside the state that does not recognize gay marriage, they are still legal when they return, right?

Nope, since that marriage is not recognized by the other state.

Some paradise for marriage swindlers?

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 27-06-2011, 16:06:50 »
But once they married outside the state that does not recognize gay marriage, they are still legal when they return, right?

That is sad. How can they nullify someone's marriage like that? Or is it just the benefits of married couples that they take out from married gays?

Marriage between people of different religion conducted in other country is still considered legal. However, they cannot legally divorce here.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 27-06-2011, 16:06:01 »

That is sad. How can they nullify someone's marriage like that? Or is it just the benefits of married couples that they take out from married gays?

Marriage between people of different religion conducted in other country is still considered legal. However, they cannot legally divorce here.

Just the benefits.  The marriage is still legal in the states where it is recognized :P

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27-06-2011, 17:06:06 »
It's cool, if two people love each other, let them make that commitment - to not cheat. I've yet to hear about a gay divorce so good for them. Kids are probably better off.

Mental note: Do not utter latter part near feminists, unless it gets them into a fight with lesbian couples ;D

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 27-06-2011, 18:06:55 »
I wonder how many of these "OMG GAYS KILL IT WITH FIRE"-guys still get huge amounts of enjoyment out of girl-on-girl action  :P
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 27-06-2011, 19:06:57 »
I wonder how many of these "OMG GAYS KILL IT WITH FIRE"-guys still get huge amounts of enjoyment out of girl-on-girl action  :P

Of course they do. For some reason the only ones who don't are girlfriends of mine.

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 27-06-2011, 22:06:40 »

I don't think marriage has anything to do with that. Some people who like sex might not like marriage :P.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 28-06-2011, 00:06:17 »
Good for them. I yet to have to live long enough to see that in Poland, not to mention gay couples ability of adoption (difficult subject). People are so homophobic here it's sad. I blame it on general lack of good education system and mass kiliing of polish higher class since 1772.

Also the gay representatives don't do a good job here either. They way they shove their sexuality in the face is sometimes worse than that of religious fanatics. Colorful parades with strangely dressed or half naked people do the oposite result. Instead of showing how normal and with just different sexual orientation they are, they do everything to stand out - in a bad way. This is a no go in a closed minded society. They need to get their shit together if they want to make thair life better here - don't count on media's help since it will show only what's controversial.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #53 on: 28-06-2011, 13:06:55 »
True, Gay Parade's have the opposite effect. I grant everyone his bit of freedom but I seriously dislike those Parade's, I don't hate any gay person for it, not at all. Well I do hate some gays but not because they are gay.

But why walk around half naked with bad music. Why?! I want a Straight Parade.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 28-06-2011, 13:06:17 »
Coincidentally, the first gay liberation march (now called gay pride parade) was 41 years ago today, itself on the anniversary of the Stonewall riots of 1969 a year earlier.

So... Happy gayday everybody?

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 28-06-2011, 13:06:49 »
True, Gay Parade's have the opposite effect. I grant everyone his bit of freedom but I seriously dislike those Parade's, I don't hate any gay person for it, not at all. Well I do hate some gays but not because they are gay.

Haha, I saw this today on The Onion: Gay-Pride Parade Sets Mainstream Acceptance Of Gays Back 50 Years.

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 28-06-2011, 17:06:12 »

You haven't been to that many parades eh? i went to the minneapolis pride parade on sunday, which is the 3rd largest in the US. and most of the floats were about acceptance and were churches promoting equality, and floats with plays on them and what not. There was even one sponsored by Jagermeister which had a bunch of girls in thongs grinding on eachother. There was literally only one instance of a guy in tiny underwear.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 28-06-2011, 17:06:36 »

Haha, I saw this today on The Onion: Gay-Pride Parade Sets Mainstream Acceptance Of Gays Back 50 Years.

Yeah, I tend to agree highly with that article....

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #58 on: 28-06-2011, 17:06:00 »

You haven't been to that many parades eh? i went to the minneapolis pride parade on sunday, which is the 3rd largest in the US. and most of the floats were about acceptance and were churches promoting equality, and floats with plays on them and what not. There was even one sponsored by Jagermeister which had a bunch of girls in thongs grinding on eachother. There was literally only one instance of a guy in tiny underwear.
I have seen plenty of pictures of Dutch gay parades. It's quite different.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 28-06-2011, 17:06:52 »

I have seen plenty of pictures of Dutch gay parades. It's quite different.

Here I am, a bisexual, and I'm fully agreeing with yah Fuchs...most gay pride parades I've seen are honestly exactly as that onion article describes.  Essentially, the history behind them was that, as a way of lashing out, they were created and involved all those highly suggestive...and sexual...and just plain weird acts.  However, that was in the 1970s...its pointless now, and just makes people think all gay people are weird perverts....