Author Topic: FH2 Standalone Installer  (Read 52804 times)

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
Cool domain name :).

Offline otolikos

• Developer
    • View Profile
Thx a lot for the stand alone  ;D

Simpliest way to replay FH2 after years away  :)

The 762 doesn't appear in server list, is it normal?

Thx again.

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Installer updated to 2.54

Offline fat-randy

• View Profile
    • www.fat-randy.de
Hi,
can it be that the version/.iso from this thread (8.1Gb) differs from the one you have on the website (7.8Gb)?
Which one is the latest?
From google drive!
Thanks.

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Hi,
can it be that the version/.iso from this thread (8.1Gb) differs from the one you have on the website (7.8Gb)?
Which one is the latest?
From google drive!
Thanks.

The most up-to-date links are in this thread, the ones on the site are for 2.53 (although only Google Drive differs, because I uploaded on the different link). I don't have control over the website, unfortunately, as it was created by another person, who haven't been online for 2 months. I PM'ed him but haven't got response yet.

Offline fat-randy

• View Profile
    • www.fat-randy.de
Ok, understand. Maybe you can add a date to the filename in the future.
Then it's clear ;)
« Last Edit: 05-11-2018, 17:11:41 by fat-randy »

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
So I tried to install this on my fiancies PC and the game won't start.  The installer does its thing, I click the desktop icon, and click play on the pop up the screen goes black then COD.  Anyone else have this problem or know any solutions?

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
So I tried to install this on my fiancies PC and the game won't start.  The installer does its thing, I click the desktop icon, and click play on the pop up the screen goes black then COD.  Anyone else have this problem or know any solutions?
Could you launch the game in windowed mode, maybe an error message will pop up?

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
It would appear the latest update is broken.  After investigating I released that the installer didn't ask for a key code nor did it install punkbuster.  I copied the 2.52 installer from my PC to hers and it installed just fine.

Edit: Well I lied, the installer did its thing, installed fine, asked for a key code, installed punkbuster, updated to 2.53, click play, get a black screen and COD again.
« Last Edit: 03-12-2018, 23:12:35 by Chad1992 »

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Installer updated.
Changes:
  • Removed obsolete Community Updater
  • Fixed a bug, which caused the game files not to be extracted under certain conditions
  • Improved CD-key generation algorithm, which, to my suprise, generated not enough unique keys
  • Added some missing vBF2 localization files, which are responsible for Falcon entry in Options
  • Installer will set proper locale in the registry instead of default 'en_US' from now on

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
It would appear the latest update is broken.  After investigating I released that the installer didn't ask for a key code nor did it install punkbuster.  I copied the 2.52 installer from my PC to hers and it installed just fine.

Edit: Well I lied, the installer did its thing, installed fine, asked for a key code, installed punkbuster, updated to 2.53, click play, get a black screen and COD again.
Sry for the late reply. I think you can try to install the DirectX and updating graphics card drivers.
« Last Edit: 18-01-2019, 19:01:51 by radiosmersh »

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Installer updated to 2.55

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
You might want to get an SSL certificate installed on PlayFH2. Better for Google ranking, plus Chrome doesn't mark it as "unsafe" anymore. If your site uses cPanel, you should be able to get free certificates from there. Otherwise you can also use Let's Encrypt.

Offline SeductiveBarry

• View Profile
Hi all. Every time I try to open the fh2_setup.exe file, I select the language for installation, and then I'm met with an error that says 'Runtime error (at 33.174): The source file is corrupted.'

I am using a Mac and opening it through Wine, but I usually have no problems running .exe files through Wine. And even if the file is incompatible, it shouldn't say that it's "corrupted."

Offline defaultplayer

• View Profile
Hi all. Every time I try to open the fh2_setup.exe file, I select the language for installation, and then I'm met with an error that says 'Runtime error (at 33.174): The source file is corrupted.'
I have the same problem, sadly. Using Windows 8.