Author Topic: Eppeldorf: FH2 Update  (Read 16540 times)

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
Re: Eppeldorf: FH2 Update
« Reply #135 on: 08-07-2011, 14:07:15 »
he is calling Lüttich a server killer. Seems he has lost his mind^^
Lüttich is imo the best map to fill a server.

Olympus is just strange. You steamrush them, or more likely you dont get out of base.

Offline Turkletoon

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 08-07-2011, 15:07:16 »
Am I the only one that found all the hundreds of FH1 maps an annoyance. It was really hard finding a server playing the maps you wanted and people tended to always complain about the current map. Some really good maps where even forgotten.

I would guess that the devs also want some kind of control over how many maps per different front they have, so that it's not one type that dominates the game.

But that being said, I know there is some tournament maps from new fronts that's not in the game, like the Italian front I remember seeing. Then there is probably some maps that would do great in the game and I think the devs are well aware of that

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 08-07-2011, 22:07:37 »
Am I the only one that found all the hundreds of FH1 maps an annoyance. It was really hard finding a server playing the maps you wanted and people tended to always complain about the current map. Some really good maps where even forgotten.

I would guess that the devs also want some kind of control over how many maps per different front they have, so that it's not one type that dominates the game.

But that being said, I know there is some tournament maps from new fronts that's not in the game, like the Italian front I remember seeing. Then there is probably some maps that would do great in the game and I think the devs are well aware of that

Yes, there are alot of maps. I played alot of them, not in tournements but in the events. And I have to say, that these maps aren't well optimized. The gameplay is mostly very good. But very often the performence is not optimized and artwise they are mostly not very good - it is not a offense, it is a fact for me. When you can drive with a tank outside a map or you can see over the outside edge of a map, I start to realise, what I love about the FH2 original maps: they just feel immersive and everything fits together, not to mention these many little and lovely details. And mostly the gameplay fits to the map IMO. A lot of people tend to say, that maps are unbalanced, because one side is rushing the other one. In the most cases, all given possibilties are not well used on the maps. ;)

Offline Ajs47951

• 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g3t l41d
    • View Profile
    • AJS
« Reply #138 on: 09-07-2011, 04:07:54 »
You're Calling Olympus a server killer? I am deeply offended by that.
Olympus is one of my favorite maps.  :o

and almost all fan made maps have tons and tons of small bugs  :(
and all of WAW maps have tons and tons a bus some that is the person making them would have done a play throw they would seen :'(

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 10-07-2011, 00:07:59 »
Olympus is great map for tanking - the terrain has wonderful shape. But for infantry is a bit boring...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 10-07-2011, 00:07:08 »
How did we get here?

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 10-07-2011, 00:07:39 »
Olympus is horrible! tanking sucks hard ... driving down the rail is self murder and in the forest you have a vision of 5 metres max.

lüttich is cool, except for zooks and panzerfausts. but it combines narrow roads, (smaller) fields and a city. something for everyone.

the new map looks promising, whats the loadout for vehicles you have atm? is it 1 sherman 75mm, 1 jumbo 75mm vs 1 jagdpanzer IV/70? or is that top secret?
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline 16floz470ml

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 10-07-2011, 00:07:08 »
As always a really great update.  I look forward to playing this map and all the Bulge stuff.  An admiring British Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill said, "This is undoubtedly the greatest American battle of the war and will, I believe, be regarded as an ever-famous American victory." In terms of participation and losses, the Battle of the Bulge is arguably the greatest battle in American military history.    

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 10-07-2011, 12:07:07 »
Curious question for the next patch and its new shaders, does PR have one? I played PR recently after so long. Yer, it sucked and I quickly reverted to FH2, reminding myself why I quit, but I noted how scenic the environment was. It was this one map with Germans vs Russians (Yer reality alright) and it had this haziness about it that I dont get from FH2 currently.

Is that the kind of Shader we are talking here for 2.4, or is ours something else.

*Ps. Please just chuckle under your breath, and don't add to my PR-bashing. But about those Shaders..?

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 10-07-2011, 12:07:19 »
no, PR does not have those shaders in the current version.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 10-07-2011, 13:07:58 »
no, PR does not have those shaders in the current version.

But explain that glazed look - I dont think Fh2 has it, neither does vanilla BF2. Especially in maps that take place in Russian territories.

Is that a hint of the direction we are going? Sorry, but vids and pics dont compare. I just want to get a sense.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 10-07-2011, 13:07:10 »
i guess thats the mapper work, what map are you talking about silent eagle?
« Last Edit: 10-07-2011, 13:07:00 by SiCaRiO »

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 10-07-2011, 13:07:53 »
I am wondering, if there will be an update today, but then I remembered:
"Todays update will contain nothing!"

... Sorry, had to post that.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 10-07-2011, 13:07:27 »
I am wondering, if there will be an update today, but then I remembered:
"Todays update will contain nothing!"

... Sorry, had to post that.
They have a cunning plan. So I have been told.

More cunning that a fox who's just been appointed the professor of cunning in Oxford university.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame