Author Topic: FH2: All New 2.5 Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [Patched for v2.54]  (Read 58045 times)

Offline Plattfuss

• Admin / Clanleader
    • View Profile
    • Panzerdivision Frundsberg
Re: FH2: All New 2.5 Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD
« Reply #75 on: 24-07-2018, 10:07:02 »
As the author of this mappack, let me give a quick statement to avoid any confusion.

It is unfortunate (but was to be expected) that many aspects of this are now broken with the (excellent) recent patch to FH2.

This was created several years ago and I hope it was some fun to the people that enjoyed FH2 in singleplayer. Unfortunatly, due to my private life taking different directions, I can currently and in the forseeable future not work on any patch or update, or conversions for new maps. If anyone else wants to - please go ahead.

Thanks Darman for all your hard work, we enjoyed your SP/COOP-Maps so much. Very sad that they don´t work with the new version. Maybe someone will continue your awesome work. All the best for your future!

Offline pontifjesusbestdd

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 24-10-2018, 09:10:43 »
Sorry for the stupid question but I'm new. I don't suppose it is possible to download older versions so as to play the older SP maps is it? Usually the servers are empty when I'm online. Thanks.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 28-10-2018, 14:10:52 »
Sorry for the stupid question but I'm new. I don't suppose it is possible to download older versions so as to play the older SP maps is it? Usually the servers are empty when I'm online. Thanks.

You do not have to. I did take a look at the project and found it to be easily fixable so that is what I just did. Check out the opening post and download the current version for FH2 2.54.

Lightmapping was fixed for the most part. Some issues like weird lighting in certain places and shadows where none belong will remain, since the maps I uploaded are no longer the same versions as those from the base mod which I exported the lightmaps from.

Occasional CTDs due to updated assets may occur. I did not have time to extensively test this patch. Please report major issues and I see to fixing them when I find the time.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
Re: FH2: All New 2.5 Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [Patched for v2.54]
« Reply #78 on: 29-10-2018, 18:10:34 »
Hey Darman!

You, sir, is a hero! Truly! Wonderful job, as usual.

I played some of the updated maps, mostly the 16p layers, and they are working just fine (Seelow is far more difficult now for the Russians... ;)), and I've not experienced any crashes or bugs so far. Your iniciative is very appreciated: now, we COOP/SP players have almost all of the official maps available in COOP. I hope to see Ogledow and Ihantala some day...

So, thanks to your efforts and well done job! I'll tell you about any bugs, if I found them...

Just for the anedocte: some of your maps form the Forgotten Maps pack are uncompatible with the 2.53, and I assume they will continue this way with 2.54. So, there is a way to uninstall these particular maps, so they will not show in my COOP list ingame? I wonder if I just delete the folders inside fh2/levels would do the trick... Could you confirm this?

Thanks in advance!

batistadk

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 29-10-2018, 19:10:40 »
Yes, that would indeed do the trick. When talking about incompatible maps, that should only be those with outdated lightmaps. I did not test any of the Forgotten Maps on the new patch, but if some crash upon, like, python errors but do appear to have proper lightmapping, please let me know and I see to fixing them soon.

Offline jrivett

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 31-10-2018, 16:10:17 »
Darman: thanks for your continued efforts on this. I'll be looking at your coop fixes for the newer maps over the next few days.

Question: what about coop fixes for all the other standard FH2 maps? Most of the standard FH2 maps had coop fixes at some point, but are those fixes now included in the vanilla FH2 download?

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 01-11-2018, 01:11:21 »
Just yesterday I tried to play Sammatus but it crashed. I just downloaded the new patch and now it works. Thanks a lot Darman it's really appreciated.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 01-11-2018, 14:11:38 »
Alright Darman!

I'll test the maps from Forgotten Maps pack, but I'm quite short on spare time to play my beloved FH2, though. Anyway, I'll play what I can and will post the results on the Forgotten Maps thread. I'm looking forward to 100% compatibility in the future!

Thanks sir! Best regards,

batistadk

Offline Knochenlutscher

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 01-11-2018, 14:11:27 »
Dukla/64

"CP_64_dukla_pass_germanmain_t34" not spawning bug is imminent

try with this as quickfix who needs, replace the two "CP_64_dukla_pass_germanmain_t34"
textblocks (T-34 Spawns between the PzIV and StuGIV)

Code: [Select]
rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: CP_64_dukla_pass_germanmain_tank]
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner CP_64_dukla_pass_germanmain_tank
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner CP_64_dukla_pass_germanmain_tank
ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser "Tobias"
ObjectTemplate.isNotSaveable 1
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 0
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 t34_76_m43_de_fix
ObjectTemplate.maxSpawnDelay 30
ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 1

rem [ObjectSpawner: CP_64_dukla_pass_germanmain_tank]
   Object.create CP_64_dukla_pass_germanmain_tank
   Object.absolutePosition 5.776/4.938/-786.010
   Object.rotation 1.834/0.000/0.000
   Object.setControlPointId 1
   Object.layer 1

Can you consider revising Arads Pickup Kit and static AmmoBoxes/AmmoBlitz Wrecks?
layout to expand CPs and outside MainBases. Re-Supply change  is really tough in Heat of battle.
The Map is fine, but would be lovely to get a bit support there. I know this Map is resource heavy...

Kind Regards
"Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle."

Offline StormVolt979

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 04-11-2018, 23:11:59 »
Where exactly is the file for the German T 34 where I can put in the hotfix?

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 05-11-2018, 04:11:13 »
Any chance that Seelow will get the ISU-152 and the Luftfaust B added?  I really want to destroy some bots with the Luftfaust.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 05-11-2018, 13:11:34 »
Any chance that Seelow will get the ISU-152 and the Luftfaust B added?  I really want to destroy some bots with the Luftfaust.

While I agree it would be some fun, I do not know whether either the Luftfaust or the ISU are configured for AI use. If they aren't, they will cause CTDs. I will not risk adding them in blindly and I do not have the time right now to test or if needed fix them for AI. Feel free to replace existing vehicles or pickup kits with those two, remember to update the tmp.con file and let me know if they work, then I will consider adding them in permanently.

Dukla/64

"CP_64_dukla_pass_germanmain_t34" not spawning bug is imminent

Can you consider revising Arads Pickup Kit and static AmmoBoxes/AmmoBlitz Wrecks?
layout to expand CPs and outside MainBases. Re-Supply change  is really tough in Heat of battle.
The Map is fine, but would be lovely to get a bit support there. I know this Map is resource heavy...

Kind Regards

Thank you for pointing that out. Could you elaborate on how the t34 bug appears? Does it show up as a python error or does it cause a CTD with a message in windowed mode? The t34 is supposed to spawn only after the German team loses the whole of Kruzlova and the Valley of Death CPs. I never properly tested Dukla Pass 64 since I find the experience to be rather lackluster against AI and prefer the 32 push layer in general.

As for additional pick up kits and supply stations, this requires actual map editing which I currently won't be able to do. Sorry for that.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 05-11-2018, 15:11:49 »
Yep, ISU-152 will cause CTD when entering the vehicle.

Offline SkinnyReese

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 01-02-2019, 13:02:19 »
Is the patching of this mini-mod are still going?

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 02-02-2019, 16:02:17 »
[Removed]
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 04:06:21 by VolkssturmGewehr »