Author Topic: Mods for Battlefield 2: Imperial Rifle Figths and Napoleonic Stuff  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
So i was searching for some mod for battlefield 2 wich may include some rifle line figths (basicaly, somekind of Napoleon Warfare mod for battlefield 2) but unfortunamently i couldnt find anyting related to it..

Either way i searched some time ago for some World War 1 mod for battlefield 2: "404 mod not found"

Now tell me: isnt really any mod for battlefield 2 wich migh have those features? didnt nobody really made an Napoleon rifle figth mod for battlefield 2? or eigther an world war 1 one?

Anyway if it wasnt made, i wonder if it could be made (atleast the napoleonic one)

Let me give some tips:

The mod name could be called: "Forgotten Glory" (if FH Devs would work on it) or it could eigther way have a name like: Battlefield IXX or Battlefield Waterloo, ect...

It would be kinda easy, because there wasnt veicles back in 1800... you could make an horse driving system like in Mount and Blade, and the horses could be all with the same model, but diferent textures

And now than all the mods have like 100 players servers (wich may grow up a bit to 200 player servers with a mod like this) we could make squads also a bit bigger, and organize them like if each squad was an battalion (you know: those people who make squars on the battlefield) and the squadleaers would be mounted in horses with those single binoculars looking for the enemy

Teamwork would also be great, because as you all know, those weapons in 1800 take centuries to reload, so if you whana shoot anywone winout beind killed wen aiming to the enemy, you should stick in line with your battalion, otherwise you would get executed alone by an wole enemy batalion in the middle of the battlefield... and obviously, you would get mumble incorporated with this (like in PR)

Commander (wich would be called General)  hoewer, doesnt seem to be wort anymore.. anyway he would have the capacity to watch the wole enemy army on the map (yeah, like you see the exacly wole enemy spots on the map) and so, he would have that intel, and the only job he would have to do was to give orders to other battalions (squads) to go there or make whatever the commander says to do, because he actually knows were the enemy is exacly, and the battalions would follow his orders... also, he would need an specific commander kit, he would need to be sit on an specific horse (yeah: an wole beautiful, heavy and britness horse) and he would need to be close to his wole team in the battlefield, in order than he can watch the proper commander map to see enemys and give orders, speak with battalion leaders, ect..

There could be also cannons in the battlefield, wich should be the artilhery, and the artilhery spoting system would be the same... but only "Squadleaders" (wich should be called "Commanders", or "Marcheals" or whatever fits with reality 1800 battlefield hiearchy system) would have the hability to spot for artilhery with their single binoculars.. general (wich is the commander) would also have that hability.

Hoewer, asking for medics is an tougth question: they should be woman nurses taking care of the soldiers, and they were wounded but they werent dead (like in PR) and each batallion should have an specific quantity of nurses... they should make somekind of a cool animation to take out the bullet, and to add some cotton at the soldier (like if he was really taking care of him.. not like going there, revive, give a massage, and be everywone ok like in PR...)

There would be also soldiers on horses (i think its called Hussars, the ones with only go horses with swords) and Dragons also (those guys use horses but use rifles even on horse), and to be an hussar/Dragon or any kind of Cavalary asset, you shold join an specific squad (like in PR: you whana go Tanks, you must join tank squad and take crewman kit... otherwise you cant do anyting)

I also tougth about build fobs... but this time, they would be really big fobs (well, its not going to call Fobs in 1800... hoewer, you must know what im talking about) and you could deploy Sandbags (i mean an HUGE wall of Sandbags), some wood giant towers, so you could climb to there, and spot enemys, some Cannons trench (wich you be basicaly an little mountain with 2 cannons on the top, both surrounded by an little sandbag wall, and with cannon balls and amunition around) adding some imperial battlefield objects like trenches and stuff, so you could defend your fob
Fobs could be taken by the enemy, and the enemy could eigther destroy them, or capture: To build fob objects like Sandbags, artilhery cannons, command posts, towers, Rest tents (were you could be healed), you would need to build what i call: the "Command Spot" (wich would be the place were people should spawn) and then, each "Command Spot" would be kinda an little mountain with a little sandbag trench, but with a flag of your team near it... and to capture it, the enemy should take an FLAG CARRIER unit to go there, use the "Flag weapon" (wich would be an flag of his team) and then, "shoot it" near the enemy Command Spot flag, until the flag of his team raises and the command spot gets captured... then the enemy troops could spawn over there, and the game would be more interesting also...

To build an "Command Spot" you would need kinda a crate (like in PR) and so, All the horses should have the capacity to attach side cars to them (im not sure if its said side car, but you should know what i mean) and those suposed "Crates" should be on those sidecars... wich should be transported by the horses... Cannons could be also atached to horses and beind carried by them (there should be some "mobile cannons" at the mainbase

Hoewer, there is one ting than would be criticaly changed: the radio voices.. since we all know than there wasnt radios back in 1800, i tougth on making like radio voices should be pronounced NOT with that radio efect anymore, but yes as they were people talking near you... hoewer, you coulnt listen an commander at  3 kilometers of distance from you saying: "Requesting reinforcements" like if he was 20 meters from you.. so, to be able to listen your comrades, you should be near them... and then you could listen what they say in real spacing... a commander screaming: "Hold up in line soldats!" and then some British infantry saying: "Hurra!" and you listen then in the real distance they are... also, if we add mumble to this, we should only be able to hear people near us... so if the battalion leader speaked to you in the squadleader chat, you would listen like if it was local chat.. so you would need to get close to him to hear.. but you dont hear other squads conversations (unless theyre speaking on local) but you just need to be close to them.. commander and squadleaders would also need to be close to eachother even if they speaking on squadchat... hoewer, if the commander speaks on local for everywone near him, people would see who was speaking BUT with an yellow name beyound the screen (like in PR) and that would be also aplied to squadleaders (battalion leaders, marcheals, whatever...)

And in adiction, we could also have some Ships figth maps... but this would change the system from infantry rifleman battlefields, because here you could use kits like: Sallior, or marine, captain, ect... and your job is to maneuver ships and destroy enemy ones... each squadleader (wich on this kind of sea gameplay would be the captain, and would need to use the captain kit) would maneuver a ship, and his squadmates would hang out the cannons, AND even repair the ship (in this sea maps there could be somekind of "ship repair" kits wich should have an little mace (i dont remember how to say that in english) and therefore you would be like kiking the ship wood with it in order to repair it (but it should be real, and it would be need some great number of repairers to repair an ship)

In sea maps there should be various classes of ships:

Heavy Ships - wich migh be controled by the "commander", and it would be need 2 squads (be adviced than each "squad" takes like 20 members now) to maneuver each ship cannons side... so you could have 20 cannons shooting at the same time to an enemy ship

Medium Ships - Wich migh be controled by the "Squadleader", and you would need only 1 squad to take the cannons and maneuver it

Small Ships - Those should be controled by any people... hoewer, you should be on a squad, and take an proper "driving ship kit" to maneuver it... it would have like 1 - 5 cannons, and it would be like little boats with cannons...

Transport Ships - Squadleaders should maneuver it, it would have also cannons, but they would be only used to transport... they would also have horses, mobile cannons, and some land equipment (in case of any Sea-land map, or Island map...)

(ship section is under development....)

There could be also some Sea maps with some land... and sometimes you could have Line rifle battle figths in a island wile theres an Navy engagement at the sea... people could also build fobs and stuff, and make those Rifle line battles... hoewer, there would be a lot of kits on the map: there would be SEA marine kits, and Land riflefigth kits...

Also (now talking about land gameplay) There should be added some battles wich would be kinda Peasants figting against Imperial Riflemans... i remeber, for example, than wen the French Army invaded Portugal (my country), the king of portugal run out to Brazil, and left only the people alone at the villages... hoewer, Great Britain gave us aid, and libertated Portugal from france... (general Beresford btw) hoewer, there are stories of some conflicts between Villagers and French soldiers in villages... and sometimes, the Villagers won against the Soldiers... so this new mod would be similar to insurgency from PR, and there would be 2 teams on it:

-The Peasants (the people basicly: with forques, and a few guns... the guns should be considered an special kit)

-The Invading Army (wich should be an proper army: it could be France invading some portugal village, or Prussia invading France, and taking over some french village, ect...)

The Invading army mission should be to stole Artifacts and Items from an specific village (like Golden stuff from churches, huge amount of money in sacs, ect...) and the Peasants mission, is to stop enemy from stealing those tings...

(because as we all know, the armys of 1800 sometimes used to rob enemy villagers, so this is how these kind of maps should work)

The peasants could be any people.. hoewer, their voices, way to dress, guns, ect... would change depending of the map they will figth in (a map wich has French Army invading an Portuguese village, has portuguese peasants speaking portuguese... hoewer, a map wich have Prussia invanding Russian Villages, cant have Russian peasants speaking portuguese... but they need to speak russia... hoewer, voices should be diferent from army voices, cause there would be also peasant womans figthing, and theres an diference between "People" and "Army"... also, the peasants wouldnt need to be organized like the army... hoewer, they coulnt make rifle line figths in open battlefield agains an wole enemy army, because few players would have the rifleman kit.. so they would be kinda executed in the middle of the battlefied... instead: they start on a village, and they hide and shoot from high positions wile the invading army keeps marching on the ground... peasants could also make traps (like those vietcong holes with stiks, animal traps, ect...) so they could have some advantage over that... obvisously than they couldnt place those traps in open field, because enemy would spot them... anyway, noting will stop you from putting an trap over there.

(it would be similar to Insurgency in PR)

Another kind of maps would be maps with city´s, but with both teams beind proper armies... for example: Invasion to Vienna map, French against Austrian troops, but in a city...

Fortress maps would also be aceptable as well...

AND maybe, there could be also some figths over America: Between the North and the South Americans (the American Civil War) also, British landings against Indepenent american colonies (Independence War), possibly (if not starting to be ridiculous) some insurgeny maps similar to peasants mod, but this time the peasants should be the "Apaches" tribals against the United States Rifleman soldiers...

(and talking about America during 1800, Trains could be also added to this mod...)

Basicaly, it would be an huge hell of a mod if it was done anyday...

I wonder if i could work to it, and make a mod... but unfortunamently, i dont know were should i start (and BF2 modding is way more diferent than BF1942 modding... and i dont even know how to handle with scripting and mapping in BF2... and i dont even whana speak about 3D Max studio wich i dont know how to make a grenade over there...)

So think about it, and give your opinion about it (after you read this all)

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
So think about it, and give your opinion about it (after you read this all)
No one is going to read all of this.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Ain't no one got time for that.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Closest thing you have to that is Battlefield: Pirates mod:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-pirates-2

We held an event about a year ago, maybw we can do a similiar thing sometime.

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
Considering there are like two mods alive for BF2 (I think?) and considering the fate of NML, the fate of new mods is pretty sealed. Also, there wasn't really that much rifles back then.

It ain't BF2, but hell, this is as close you can get, L'Aigle for MnB:Warband.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
... or we can all just play Warband/NW, without crappy hit detection and 2 years wasted on modding ... Seriously, the whole Taleworlds pack can often be bough for a little over 7$...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...