Author Topic: 2 Bugs I have found  (Read 710 times)

Offline Wundai

• View Profile
2 Bugs I have found
« on: 16-07-2011, 19:07:48 »
Hey there,

First of all its a great mod guys, I've been following it from the beginning with bf1942 and it never ceases to amaze ;)

Now then on to the bugs.

SUMMARY After Thread Discussion:

1. When I change my resolution from 800x600 where it started when I installed the mod, to 1600x1200 it takes a while and then shows only the Backdrop movie. No menu buttons, nothing to click only a mouse cursor and the backdrop movie in black and white. -FIXED-(work-around)

2.Anctoville, played a co-op game, the Rue de Fontaine is not capturable for the Allies. Bots keep camping it so the entire army is on a halt(no enemies around, also it seems even if its a push map this point should be capture-able. -PENDING-

3. Alt Tab problem -FIXED-

4. In Port-De-Bessin when I mount a stationary MG (ANY MG on the map) I cannot Un-Mount from it, so I am stuck and force to commit suicide.-PENDING-

5. Also on all maps featuring New Zealand troops I have noticed that the weapons react to sunlight (shine) but the Player models do not, they seem un-affected by the lighting on the sun.  -PENDING-

FH Team please first take a good rest then worry about bugs and future versions etc, always important for a good rest to enjoy the fruit of your labour ;)

greetz,

Wundai
« Last Edit: 18-07-2011, 01:07:46 by Wundai »

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
Re: 2 Bugs I have found
« Reply #1 on: 16-07-2011, 23:07:47 »
To the first bug:
Whats the natural resolution of your monitor? You might just set the resulotion to high and your monitor or computer doesnt scale it right, so you just see parts of the menu.

Offline Wundai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-07-2011, 01:07:46 »
The natural state of my monitor resolution is 1600x1200 (my desktop resolution)

I'm actually only seeing the backdrop and no menu at all, but good point that could have been it :)

3rd I've noticed Alt+Tab is not preferable, when alt+tabbing back I just get a black screen (this is a seperate issue btw) but I'm not sure if previous versions had this already?

Offline NL|Abaddon|NL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-07-2011, 09:07:31 »

1. When I change my resolution from 800x600 where it started when I installed the mod, to 1600x1200 it takes a while and then shows only the Backdrop movie. No menu buttons, nothing to click only a mouse cursor and the backdrop movie in black and white.

Maybe you can fix this problem by manually setting your resolution from 800x600 to 1600x1200 in the Video.con file - open file with notepad. The Video.con file for BF2 vanilla can be found under:

\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\

Since the release of FH2 2.4 the video.con file used by FH2 can be found here:

\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\Forgottenhp 2\Profiles\

In the Video.con file you just need to alter the "VideoSettings.setResolution" parameter to 1600x1200@60Hz

For more info on adjusting your video settings see:

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_7.html

With the Battlefield 2 1.5 patch EA/Dice introduced the so-called Alt-tab bug. This annoying bug will most likely be fixed if you download and install the following small fix:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_50770.shtml

I hope these fixes can sort out at least 2 of your problems and get you back on the battlefield. Good luck and enjoy the mod!   

Offline Wundai

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-07-2011, 01:07:41 »

Thank you my fellow Dutchman :)

Alt Tab fixed and video res as well, Kudos!!
[/quote]

I'd like to continue the topic though but I'll add my findings above to avoid making a new one :)

EDITED*
« Last Edit: 18-07-2011, 01:07:01 by Wundai »