Author Topic: THE SINGLEPLAYER 2.45 HOT FIX (RELEASED!)  (Read 17686 times)

Offline blarg

• View Profile
Re: THE SINGLEPLAYER 2.45 HOT FIX (RELEASED!)
« Reply #60 on: 29-10-2012, 23:10:15 »
Thanks so much for this :)

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 30-10-2012, 14:10:31 »
Played some Sidi Bouzid, Panzer II was invinsible.  ;D
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 30-10-2012, 15:10:06 »
Played some Sidi Bouzid, Panzer II was invinsible.  ;D

Nazi secretweapons?  ;D

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 30-10-2012, 15:10:59 »
First of all, I am very grateful for this desperately needed hot fix, but I am sorry to say that it destroyed more than it fixed. Here is a list of problems which I encountered:

First, there is the aforementioned issue of the Panzer II. being indestructible.
Second, bardia is lagging that bad that it is absolutely unplayable.
Third, my character constantly yells "I need an engineer!" or "Charge!" as soon as I get close to any kind of firefight.
Fourth, St. Vith puts alot of stress on my GPU, more than any FH2 map ever before to be precise.
Fifth, Sidi Bou Zid has an awful gameplay; the German attack has no momentum at all. Kampfgruppe Schuette hasn't even captured the outpost once.

I only played these three maps up to now, so I can't tell if there are more issues to be found.
But nonetheless I'd like to thank the AI developers for their efforts and this mappack once again!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 30-10-2012, 21:10:58 »
First, there is the aforementioned issue of the Panzer II. being indestructible.

Ooh yeah, we fixed that later, but it never got in. Panzer II has the same damage as a Tiger :)
Will get the code needed to fix this and let you have it. Sorry, very sloppy on my part.

Strange. How many bots are running with.
Also Bardia DOES have a one of the higher view distances, so its more a 2.45 Bardia thing, than an SP thing. Try running it with fewer bots. At 32 bots, it might play fine.

Third, my character constantly yells "I need an engineer!" or "Charge!" as soon as I get close to any kind of firefight.

That's other bots. Not your character. What you are experiencing is very normal in online play.
But the bots are now calling for help when they are hit or need someone to move off their ass.
Its quite normal in BF2 and was the case in FH2.0 and 2.1.
But with radio over for all vehicles, you hear the tankers everywhere.

You can fix this by removing the radioover file included and reverting it to the standard FH2.45 one.

Fourth, St. Vith puts alot of stress on my GPU, more than any FH2 map ever before to be precise.
That IS how St. Vith is. Its quite a heavy map without bots, heavier with bots.
Again, try turning the bot count to 32 total.

Fifth, Sidi Bou Zid has an awful gameplay; the German attack has no momentum at all. Kampfgruppe Schuette hasn't even captured the outpost once.
Sadly, this needs ratios adjusted. Its not a final version since we still need to work on commander AI, but this change affects Python and would break your FH2 online play, so I didn't include it for maps that had this improvement.

If the Germans are more than the allies, it would make it better, as would having 64 bots or more.

Thanks for the feedback. I will try these out myself and see how we can better improve them going forward.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 30-10-2012, 21:10:56 »
Thank you!
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 30-10-2012, 21:10:58 »
I would say this for Sidi Bou zid though, the Axis do clearly have the advantage with their Tiger, nebelwerfer and Stuka, and the Panzer II, even at regular health is quite deadly against even the Sherman, due to Ballard's inclusion of special ammo.

Once 2 of the first line bases are capped, the battle can really go either way at that point.

Another thing that you can do to actually see how this map should really work out,
Goto Server.zip in the sidi_bou_zid under mods\FH2\levels.
Copy out the init.con file and change these lines:

gameLogic.setDefaultNumberOfTicketsEx 16 1 50
gameLogic.setDefaultNumberOfTicketsEx 16 2 50

Change the 50 to 200 to increase the tickets.
This map needs much more tickets than it is currently given for SP.
Just note that this change WILL affect your king of the Hill mode for this map, so backup first or create an SP only version.

The biggest reason the map doesn't play to the German's advantage is because of the limited tickets.
The Germans need to keep attacking to break through. The short round time prevents this.

Might also want to do similar treatment to:
Operation Luttich

and a few others you consider having too few tickets.
« Last Edit: 30-10-2012, 22:10:36 by djinn »

Offline Tuco

• FH lurker since 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 30-10-2012, 21:10:14 »
Please download this update for the weapon and vehicle tweak ZIPs.

Changes include,
Panzer II health back to normal
Better airplane handling
Bots will now used all deployable weapons especially, the .30 cal tripod.
Better position switching on all vehicles.
Better use of the M1919 .50cal
So many other little things.

How to install: Replace the 3 files directly in your fh2 mod folder.
Remember to backup first as usual.

The file you are looking for seems to be unavailable at the moment. Please come back later.
If you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 30-10-2012, 21:10:50 »
Actually, Tiger is real easy to take out. Panzer II was the one giving me trouble.  ;D

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 30-10-2012, 22:10:14 »
New link doesn't work.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 31-10-2012, 00:10:49 »
Interesting. I am lost for why that is.
Any one know any good site besides Filefront that allows upload with free signup.
I have NO idea why THIS one upload is acting up.

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 31-10-2012, 12:10:55 »
I've downloaded the first file you posted up and now my SP seems to lag like nothing else. Not sure if it's just my ageing computer or what. I was playing 64 bots, but nearly all of my settings were on low  ???
Any ideas?

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 31-10-2012, 14:10:52 »

I've downloaded the first file you posted up and now my SP seems to lag like nothing else. Not sure if it's just my ageing computer or what. I was playing 64 bots, but nearly all of my settings were on low  ???
Any ideas?

I'm almost sure that ksl94 plays Coop. But what about you, titsmcgee852? Do you play Coop or Singleplayer? What maps? Note that in the patch gameplay objects (spawn points, vehicle spawners, attack routes etc.) are updated only for Coop on the following maps:
- Bardia
- Falaise Pocket
- Fall of Tobruk
- Op. Luttich
- Sidi Bou Zid
- Sidi Rezegh
- St Vith
Coop on the rest of the patch's maps and Singleplayer on all the patch's maps should be essentially the same as in 2.45, just with better path finding and better weapon/vehicle handling.

Bardia got a major visual update in 2.45 and, IIRC, before this patch it crashed in Co-op and Singleplayer. So maybe the performance issues are caused by the visual update?

As Djinn said, it's not your character but bots. That was my idea. Basically, it's a file copied from vBF. Now it's somewhere between almost complete radio silence of vanilla FH2 and constant multiplayer's "Artillery ready for strike" and "Enemy bla bla bla spotted". Do you find the yells annoying or just unusual?

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 31-10-2012, 15:10:29 »
Thanks for the replies,
basically I managed to solve issue no. 1 by simply restarting my computer; I really don't know what went wrong there. Now, it works perfectly and, once more became one of my favourite maps. As for the AI communications, it really sounds like the voice is coming from my own character. But nonetheless, the fact that the bots talk again is awesome! I increased the number of tickets on Sidi Bou Zid and it really plays like a charm. Thank you so much for this!
In regard to the performance issues on St. Vith, I don't think that the solution for this problem is not that simple, for my GPU is not strained much at all when I play without bots.

EDIT:
I just played a round of Mareth Line, noticing that the Panzer III. N main gun sounds like the launch of an Apollo rocket and is audible all across the map.
I also have a small plea: I have messed up the kit limiting file of Operation Hyacinth (mapdata.py).
Could someone please pm me that file? I would greatly appreciate that.
« Last Edit: 31-10-2012, 19:10:15 by ksl94 »

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 31-10-2012, 23:10:53 »
I've only tried Sidi bou zid and st vith on co-op so far, and they lagged quite a bit (however with sidi, it seemed to run somewhat smoothly and then have a 1 or 2 second long lag at 10 second intervals). However, I also tried St. Lo on Singleplayer and it lagged a lot as well.