Author Topic: Having FH2 really playing like WW2  (Read 8420 times)

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
Re: Having FH2 really playing like WW2
« Reply #75 on: 05-03-2011, 09:03:37 »
If you haven't yet noticed, there are some PR community members that are planning a PR:WW2 stuff:
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388-pr-bf2-community-modding/94324-community-made-pr-ww2.html

It kinda makes more sense to do a WW2 mod/add-on for PR than a FH2 realism/immersion mod, cos even if you pull off a mod for FH2, there just won't be enough players to man some mini-mod servers. On the other hand PR has 10 times the more players, so they might even be able to pull it off...

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 05-03-2011, 09:03:46 »
I doubt that mod will be going anywhere. Look at the end of the thread, the people attempting to do this are basically amateurs without much of a plan or know how.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 05-03-2011, 09:03:54 »
Its not a reality-mod I've been suggesting though... Its a change in gear

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 05-03-2011, 10:03:07 »
I doubt that mod will be going anywhere. Look at the end of the thread, the people attempting to do this are basically amateurs without much of a plan or know how.

Everybody has to start somewhere, right?

I would imagine that there is demand for somewhat realistic/immersive WW2 game with 3D voip and I would not wonder if some RnL and DH clans would expand to that once they realize that they can act out their realism stuff more intensively in that kind of environment. 

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 05-03-2011, 10:03:55 »
there may be a demand, but thaqt doesn't mean that the people in that thread have any kind of skill to fullfill it.

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 05-03-2011, 10:03:21 »
there may be a demand, but thaqt doesn't mean that the people in that thread have any kind of skill to fullfill it.

That might be true which was part of the reason to post this stuff here, if someone with interest and skill might take part in that project.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 05-03-2011, 10:03:54 »
In that case he would probably rather take part in FH2, where he is among other people with interest and skill ;)

And don't get me wrong, if the actual PR devs were behind this I am sure they could pull it off, even if it required stuff they have never done, like new player models and extensive new static work. But look at those "community factions" they have in there. I mean, what are those? Some handweapons, a few vehicles and a soldier reskin? The FH2 devs could probably finish one of those in 3 months or less, yet these things take ages and most of them are never released by the people starting them. And now they want to make an extensive mod like a ww2 conversion? Unlikely.
« Last Edit: 05-03-2011, 10:03:46 by Ts4EVER »

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 05-03-2011, 10:03:34 »
In that case he would probably rather take part in FH2, where he is among other people with interest and skill ;)

Isn't it quite obvious that FH2 is not going to be any more realistic that it now is. So if someone wants to have something more, like Vicious, well perhaps they could check that PR stuff out.

And i am not sure how extensive that ww2 mod would be. I would imagine that it would make sense to make it like any other faction, just new skins, few more weapons and perhaps use some known maps if it is allowed at first and later add tanks and what not...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 05-03-2011, 11:03:51 »
God! People! My thread isnt a pr thread. Why dont you find a 'make fh2 like pr' thread and use that?!

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 05-03-2011, 11:03:39 »
Cos a PR:WW2 would play out more like WW2 then you can ever try forcing FH2 to do.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 05-03-2011, 11:03:48 »
Remind me again, which one was the WWII. The one with battles with hundreds of thousand of soldiers and causalities up to tens of thousands, or the one with small groups of people having casual skirmishes every other day.

PR with WWII weapons would not be more like WWII than FH2. IT would be like... PR with WWII weapons.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 05-03-2011, 12:03:49 »
Last time i checked FH2 didnt have hundreds of thousand soldiers in-game.
After all this arguments boils down to how everyone perceives WW2 to be like and which aspects they want to emphasize. I could now list features that i don't see fitting WW2 theme but I rather not...

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 05-03-2011, 12:03:19 »
Pretty damn closer than PR gameplay will ever be.

What I'm saying is, that WWII was total war. FH2 represents Larger battles better than PR
PR:WWII would work better for Commando or SOE operations, I guess.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 05-03-2011, 12:03:42 »
Please don't hijack Djinn thread. Create a new one if you want to dicuss about it.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 05-03-2011, 15:03:38 »

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=13947.90

Comes pretty close...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...