Author Topic: in regards to new players  (Read 3812 times)

Offline booskidoo1994

• View Profile
in regards to new players
« on: 30-04-2020, 22:04:58 »
Hey guys. this is my first post here and im not sure this is nessecarily the place i should post this. but i created this account for the express purpose of this posting, i recently joined FH2 roughly 3 months ago. and i love it. its an amazing game. but it has come to my attention however, that when i started playing on the online servers and i informed the men i was playing with that i was new and may not be that great. all was well. i had 2 teamkills that were my fault but was merely a mistake in which i apologized tho those i had killed and the team for. and then they kicked me from the server! i get that that decision comes down to the people hosting the server. but it really grinded my gears, and ive decided to uninstall. My point being overall. is the community is for the most part very friendly and understanding. but does no favors to those who are new to the game, with that being said. this will be my first and last post. to anyone out here considering giving this game a shot. i encourage it. but i dont recommend online play after the experience ive had.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: in regards to new players
« Reply #1 on: 01-05-2020, 06:05:46 »
So you get kicked once and you instantly quit? Not banned, only kicked?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-05-2020, 14:05:46 »
Yes, it seems so.

I know you wrote it will be your first and last post, so I don't expect a reply, booskidoo1994. I'm sorry to hear you uninstalled so quickly, and also that your online experience hasn't been the best. After a kick, you can always return and try again. Many of us have teamkilled in the past when they started playing this game, and many of us have been kicked for it too (even way after the start sometimes, I won't mention any names but it was a guy who put a satchel on a Tiger while his entire squad was around him in the main  street of Tilly-sur-Seulles on Villers Bocage map and, well....  :-[).

So when you read this, I hope you will give online play a second chance. A kick also gives you a second chance, so why not take it?

And for everyone else: sure, when you are new you make mistakes, but after a while you will get the hang of it. Playing online will give you the opportunity to get the hang of it faster, and the gameplay is more interesting than against bots, to say the least.

So good luck and see you all on the battlefield!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-05-2020, 12:05:10 »
My point being overall. is the community is for the most part very friendly and understanding. but does no favors to those who are new to the game, with that being said. this will be my first and last post. to anyone out here considering giving this game a shot. i encourage it. but i dont recommend online play after the experience ive had.
Rules are rules and they apply to everyone, though admins are human too and make mistakes sometimes. It's all in the server logs though, and can be verified if needed. I'm kinda reluctant to believe in yet another "I got two accidental teamkills, apologized and got kicked/banned" story. Though if it was only a kick, then why not join again and try to be more careful this time? That's what those kicks are for, if team killing repeats and and keep repeating then it will end up with a ban. It may sound harsh, but we need to filter out all the trolls, as those can have huge impact on the game with community this small.