Author Topic: BF42 with FH crashes to desktop EVERY time  (Read 3732 times)

Offline belac

• View Profile
BF42 with FH crashes to desktop EVERY time
« on: 09-09-2014, 23:09:41 »
Hi there, I'm new here so I might be missing something. I DL'ed FH, all 3 parts, installed them as they should be. I got nothing. So I found the FAQ post on here and went by that. Tried everything. Still nothing. I even DL'ed again and made sure I installed them the correct way. I'm very frustrated by now. What am I doing wrong?

Offline Khaine

• View Profile
Re: BF42 with FH crashes to desktop EVERY time
« Reply #1 on: 10-09-2014, 12:09:07 »
Hello belac.
Do you use Origin or CD version ?
Did you install 1.6 and 1.61b patches for BF1942 ?

I've met the same problem and was able to fix it by installing a patcher (available  here : battlefield_1942_gamespy_patch_v1.61).

Sources : here

Don't forget to turn OFF compatibily mode or this will not work.
Come back to say if it worked for you please :)

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-09-2014, 14:09:07 »
if u have win7 and ur game crashes to desktop everytime while loading ( i had this issue) try to click on fh properties Compatibility then run programm for windows 98/windows me (that did the trick for me with fh1)

Offline Khaine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-09-2014, 23:09:07 »
if u have win7 and ur game crashes to desktop everytime while loading ( i had this issue) try to click on fh properties Compatibility then run programm for windows 98/windows me (that did the trick for me with fh1)
Have you recently played the game online ? Because since EA's masterserver no longer support the game, I'm not sure if it'll work (no longer worked for me anyway).

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-09-2014, 00:09:53 »
online doesnt work (just tested it still have fh1 on my pc) only singleplayer, but the crash to desktop the guy discribed here could also be from singleplayer, with multiplayer if i click on internet the game freezes need to do ctrl + alt delete then it says program not responding so i guess multiplayer with fh1 cant be played anymore, unless u have a clan, get hamachi or tunngle join a channel in hamachi/tunngle one of these and host a game then everyone in the channels sees ur game if everything goes well (atleast thats how i mostly played online with a friend in coop games) dunno or it works for fh

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-09-2014, 01:09:40 »
with multiplayer if i click on internet the game freezes need to do ctrl + alt delete then it says program not responding so i guess multiplayer with fh1 cant be played anymore, unless u have a clan, get hamachi or tunngle join a channel in hamachi/tunngle one of these and host a game...
...or maybe just read this topic and apply the gamespy patch from second post?

Offline Khaine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-09-2014, 12:09:33 »
with multiplayer if i click on internet the game freezes need to do ctrl + alt delete then it says program not responding so i guess multiplayer with fh1 cant be played anymore, unless u have a clan, get hamachi or tunngle join a channel in hamachi/tunngle one of these and host a game...
...or maybe just read this topic and apply the gamespy patch from second post?

^This :)
I played multiplayer yesterday ;)

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-09-2014, 12:09:55 »
FH1 Multiplayer is working 100%.

After applying the patch ( http://forum.bf1942.sk/files/bf1942_gamespy_patcher.exe ) you can see all the online servers.

I just played a few maps now.   ;)

Offline belac

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15-09-2014, 21:09:30 »
Sorry guys, I guess I don't get an email when I get a reply. I finally got curious and couldn't even find my original post! I just looked in my account to find it. Now I feel kind of stupid for not looking earlier :/

Anyway, I did find out that it works now in compatibility with win 98/ME and it runs sweet! Thanks to all you who responded!!

By the way, all you on the FH development team did a SUPERB job on this mod! I absolutely love it!!

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15-09-2014, 22:09:28 »
Sorry guys, I guess I don't get an email when I get a reply. I finally got curious and couldn't even find my original post! I just looked in my account to find it. Now I feel kind of stupid for not looking earlier :/
Actually I just added the BF42/FH0.7 section today and moved a bunch of posts here, without any redirection topics, so that might cause some confusion temporarily  :-X

Anyway, I did find out that it works now in compatibility with win 98/ME and it runs sweet! Thanks to all you who responded!!
thanks for the feedback, always good to know if a problem could be solved

By the way, all you on the FH development team did a SUPERB job on this mod! I absolutely love it!!
I was just a happy player, just like you, when others made FH for BF42, but thanks anyway  ;D
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline belac

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16-09-2014, 01:09:09 »
Ok, now I have another problem. When I try to start FH up it comes up with the battlefield icon, but then nothing happens. What should I do now? It worked great yesterday, that's what I can't figure out.

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16-09-2014, 13:09:44 »
Ok, now I have another problem. When I try to start FH up it comes up with the battlefield icon, but then nothing happens. What should I do now? It worked great yesterday, that's what I can't figure out.
did it randomly occur? or did u made changes with something? what happends if u start bf1942 then go to community then costum game and try to start fh from there

Offline belac

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16-09-2014, 15:09:27 »
Yeah, it seemed very random, as it was working the day before. The only changes I made were to add some maps, but in desperation I added them AFTER I learned that it wasn't booting up. Other than that, no changes have been made.

Same thing happens when started up from custom games.

Offline belac

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16-09-2014, 19:09:46 »
Aha! I found the problem. Somehow, the maps were installed in a different place before I experienced trouble. I deleted them and it works perfectly!

Thanks for putting up with this n00b, sometimes I do the strangest things.

Thanks for all your replies and help!
belac

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16-09-2014, 20:09:58 »
Ah, I feel bad now. I actually wanted to suggest checking that because I read you tested new maps and then remembered that BF42 does crash when there are non-map files in the maps folder, but I was at work and got distracted and then forgot.
Well, great that you fixed it yourself :)
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---