Author Topic: Post reliable manual on forum  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
Post reliable manual on forum
« on: 14-07-2012, 19:07:27 »
Hey all!

1. Can someone please post a copy of the manual in the forums? Sticky it in the body of the post, would be best. It is very hard for new people to find, and always has been. Furthermore, the link to where it's hosted has been dead since 2.45 launch (http://ifihada.com/~jbp/fh2pub/usermanual/).

2. Badly need a copy of the shader client zip the one that is processing effects-free. Can someone attach that here as well, pretty please?  Anyone looking to remove the film grain effects from their game (because it doesn't work on their graphics card/monitor) cannot do that with the manual unavailable. Previously it was located in the user manual in section 2e or something like that.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
Re: Post reliable manual on forum
« Reply #1 on: 16-07-2012, 15:07:36 »
Attached is an unofficial fix for removing film grain. It only took 5 minutes of tinkering so I doubt the official will be much different. Make sure to make a backup of your original shaders_client.zip, I only spent about 10 minutes of testing but it seems to work ok.

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-07-2012, 19:07:23 »
Hi devs.... isn't it about time to get that manual back up?

Some people cannot play with the film grain/processing effects.  Please either get that manual up somewhere or post the shaders client replacement!  THANK YOU!

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27-07-2012, 00:07:38 »
Well, actually tinkering isn't needed at all. Just use the effect-free shader provided for 2.4, it still works (that's what I do).

Here is a copy in case you need it.  ;)

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-07-2012, 19:07:22 »
Excellent, thank you. 

There are MANY people asking about this each night EST prime time.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27-07-2012, 22:07:00 »
Well this is just silly. Either FH2 should have this effect or not. Not so that 50% people make it go away by changing shaders and rest play with it...

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28-07-2012, 00:07:59 »
Why does it have to be black or white? 

WWII was in color you know.

That's a silly choice. If the developers chose to give the game a fancy, effects heavy veneer, that renders well on many computers, then fine. But don't make everyone forced to see it.  It doesn't render well on everyone's computer/monitor.  knowing this ahead of time was smart and providing an option to revert to the original game view was necessary for many others.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28-07-2012, 01:07:02 »
 I put up with the effect but shitloads of people hate it. Most complaints revolve around the eye strain that they experience, which can be bothersome and will cause many to play less time or quit entirely.

i support anything that keeps players onboard, if that means giving their eyes a chance to work, then so be it.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28-07-2012, 07:07:48 »
Most complaints revolve around the eye strain that they experience, which can be bothersome and will cause many to play less time or quit entirely.
This is is one of the reasons I'd like an optional shader to remove the film grain. It's one of the effects I can't stand in games, I always remove it if possible. Sure, it makes maps look prettier, especially African maps, but I just can't concentrate on the game when all I see is just little dots all around the screen. I don't see dots in my everyday life and I don't like to see them in games.

Film grain distracts my focus, hurts my eyes and makes it very difficult to see the details on maps. I react much slower with it which in turn hurts my playing.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin