Poll

What is FH2 needing most?

New maps
9 (45%)
New vehicles
1 (5%)
New statics for maps
10 (50%)
Existing material modification (maps, weapons, vehicles)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: 04-03-2018, 06:03:22

Author Topic: What is FH2 needing most?  (Read 3997 times)

Offline blander

• View Profile
What is FH2 needing most?
« on: 02-02-2018, 06:02:22 »
I´d like to contribute somehow to this amazing mod and community. Back in FH1 I made a few vehicle variants including coding, skin and model. I also tried my hand at mapping. I´d like to know what the community would like to have right now as priority so maybe I could work on it.

If you have and idea that is not an option in the poll write it here!

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
Re: What is FH2 needing most?
« Reply #1 on: 02-02-2018, 10:02:31 »
At first I wanted to vote for new maps, but then I thought about what is needed for new maps: new statics and maybe one or another new vehicle... Otherwise the maps look relatively similar, and the eastern front at the moment lacks a few vehicles and statics(as it is in its beginning)

Oh, and about the maps: the community maps(and I have seen all of the available ones) mostly are not that good.
I think the devs make a better Job at that.
There are some maps that I like, for example sidi muftah or el agheila, but if I think of westwall for example...
« Last Edit: 02-02-2018, 14:02:48 by SadCamelion »
There aren't enough Italian tanks.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-02-2018, 16:02:11 »
There are more mappers than modelers, so I voted statics.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-02-2018, 16:02:28 »
Well more french houses would be cool. Right now all houses are 'fancy'.. more like town outskirts houses.There is no any poor people stone village houses,smaller ones. All village houses are pretty huge and cant be used easily.
 More french village stone houses size of eastern front ones would be neat.
https://goo.gl/images/EfTqrH
https://goo.gl/images/VGMXdL
https://goo.gl/images/FKDrMV
https://goo.gl/images/bd8Gsb
https://goo.gl/images/M7ECXq

Thats why when Im in editor working on village, I prefer smaller houses, but there only one small one and one which is not constructed made which I mostly use at the end. Village could get more ones.

Vehicles ,well if you want to make some,ask devs then which they need. As this community modding is not so active,vehicles would be too risky choice. Statics are always welcomed to devs
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-02-2018, 01:02:53 »
That´s great guys, keep it coming. After I have enough votes I´ll start a new poll with more specific choices to know what to work on.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-02-2018, 16:02:34 »
I vote for maps.
But new and real gameplay map.
Not just a map you throw about a battle, with no gameplay.

Map with specific things (new faction, specific weapons to this map, special gameplay)

Again, creating a map is first about a good gameplay before creating art.
Creating static only come after.

Well more french houses would be cool. Right now all houses are 'fancy'.. more like town outskirts houses.There is no any poor people stone village houses,smaller ones. All village houses are pretty huge and cant be used easily.

Again,
when building a map, you must first get the basic setup and test gamplay. The statics and real art are only at the end of the map creation:
- 80% of the map take 20% of the time: create heightmap, create gameplay
- the last 20% of the map take 80%: create the real art of the map, create statics etc ...

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-02-2018, 10:02:05 »
More Hype
More Promotion
More Players

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05-02-2018, 17:02:50 »
I voted for statics because with unique custom statics, each map is enjoyable and has a unique feel which makes you quite happy. Maps with generic statics will end up looking like some CMP maps, and I don't really like that.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05-02-2018, 19:02:10 »
Most of what limits the devs from doing stuff like Market Garden, Southern France, Italy, etc, is the need for custom statics.  Without them, we can't get those campaigns and areas at the quality the FH2 devs are known for and are expected to offer.  So if you REALLY want to help out the mod and have the time and capabilities- learn to build statics.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05-02-2018, 21:02:57 »
So if you REALLY want to help out the mod and have the time and capabilities- learn to build statics.
This really. And I suggest to start with generic statics for existing fronts, preferably eastern front rural buildings similiar in the art style to what we already have in game so they won't stick out too much. Those can always be easily added to the game and used on any future stock (or custom) maps, so your work won't be wasted. Generic military object probably are good idea too, and if your statics will be proven to be good enough for FH2, I bet devs will gladly use a helping hand. Don't go for a battle specific statics if you don't know if anybody will ever create a map where you statics can be used.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17-02-2018, 22:02:47 »
I think what FH2 needs the most is to grow the number of daily players it has. But that's another matter I guess.  ;)

Voted for statics, wouldnt mind to have more  :)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile

Offline Picolin64

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26-03-2018, 00:03:02 »
Populated USA servers.