Author Topic: operation goodwood  (Read 14158 times)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
Re: operation goodwood
« Reply #15 on: 26-11-2009, 09:11:46 »
Hmm...that's odd. It sounds like it hasn't saved the changes you made.

I mean, if it did save them but, let's say, you spelt it 'cromwel'...then surely nothing at all would spawn in that position (that's if the map didn't CTD while loading)?

Before I modified it, I made a backup of the server.zip, then I opened the server.zip with WinRAR, went to the GamePlayObjects.con file, changed the Shermans to Cromwells (there's only 2) and just closed (and saved) the file.

I found out how to do it, so I could play with clivewil's (AIX dev) awesome birds, here: http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12816

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26-11-2009, 13:11:52 »
oh, now I know what I did wrong... I setup SP, but not COOP and then went off to start at COOP game.

So I think it should work now...

thanks

EDIT (30th November, 2009)
So anyone figured out what besides the UC and Sherman cause the map to crash?

Is it ze-Germanz

Tried it later and had the single longest game so far experienced with tanks from both sides going up in smoke.. it was epic - Battles involving 3 tanks a side on either side, Tigers, Panthers and Panzers versus the firefly, Sherman V and Cromwell... And Tigers! being taken out too... First time experiencing that in such quantities - I lost one to a well placed shot from a mobile 6pnr

Anyhoo, I wanted to see the KT in action, and not knowing what conditions spawned it, I tried fingers-crossed so that the game went on long enough - I played it for close to 45 minutes without a CTD, no KT

I caused the Germans to cap all bases up to the British hom-base i.e excluding that base, no KT - I tried in reverse, I got the Brits capping everything including The town and leaving only 2 German capp-able flags

We had a Tiger, 2 panthers, 2 Panzers and one or 2 Stugs and I can't recall what on the Brit side cuz the game CTDed just then

Helps narrow it down as to what could have caused that CTD... ? And how do you get the KT to appear?!

Further Edit
So I noted a few general AI issues here... What can possibly slow the game is limited path-maps around the rail track... Vehicles feel obligated to go over the bridge, when they could just as easily go over the track... Its not fancy, but it stops the bottlenecks at the rail track and potential deathtrap for German hanomags against British tanks.. same for the alcove... Most tanks going at full speed, including the slow Tiger can drive right over the dikes.

Also, the allies, not just in this map, have a habit of getting into shermans, V and M1A1s and just remaining at the base for a long time.... Sometimes infantry does too... just standing at the main allied base
« Last Edit: 30-11-2009, 23:11:46 by djinn »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02-12-2009, 13:12:42 »
Condition to spawn the KT:

Make the British cap both of Cagny flags, Le Preiure and Le Mesnil Frementel... and the King Kittah spawns!

I discovered that switching positions in M5A1 half track isn't allowed or cause it to CTD which is due to no proper AI code.

The AI difficulty in going over railroad crossings: waypoint them! They will go smoothly as in going over bridges.

AI idle: perhaps CPU resources maxed...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02-12-2009, 15:12:29 »
thanks... maybe I'll just replace all M4A1s with UC-North Africa and add WinterHilf's AI improvement for them to get them going smoothly....

Thanks for the reply, ZM

To WinterHilf
So we have:
Sherman M1A1 with missing code
UC-Normandy with missing code
M4A1 halftruck with faulty code
no AI code for British HMG

Is that all? With that fixed, will the map work right?

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02-12-2009, 15:12:32 »
He have French Bren Carrier fixed and uploaded in the SP sticky thread. It should fix the problem.

Apparently, after the Sherman II (M4A1) and M5A1 Half track replaced, there are still unknown error there. Might try the game a few times more.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02-12-2009, 16:12:24 »
Wait... is there a difference between the M3A1 halftruck and this M5A1... maybe different versions both in the map.. that could explain why it still CTDs - I didn't replace that

Oh, and I got all 4-bases capped by the Brits in COOP... where does the KT spawn again? cuz I'm not seeing it. At the main uncappable German base? Or is it as easter-egg with no icon on the minimap?
« Last Edit: 02-12-2009, 21:12:59 by djinn »

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03-12-2009, 07:12:38 »
...Vehicles feel obligated to go over the bridge, when they could just as easily go over the track...

Maybe not...(see pic). Watched these idiots to and fro for about a minute before they managed to get over the railway. I saw that a few times.

Also, the allies, not just in this map, have a habit of getting into shermans, V and M1A1s and just remaining at the base for a long time.... Sometimes infantry does too... just standing at the main allied base...

Yeah, they're having tea and scones before they go to war...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03-12-2009, 09:12:25 »
Yes, that's the issue... they spend all the time trying to cross the rail at that one point, when they could very well go over ANY part of the rail

Same for the alcove and dykes... even the slow moving Tiger can climb that thing without them all qeueing to pass through the alcove...

Alot faster, better coordinated in a combat situation And it will look cool when they jump it

About the KT?

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03-12-2009, 12:12:19 »
Like i said earlier, we should make a waypoint in BF2editor so the bot could just went over it smoothly.

The KT won't have problem as well crossing them, except the tunnel, where it needs a few adjustment because of the cannon length (yea, they consider them too). It spawns when the Brits take all Cagny, Le Preiure, and Le Mesnil Frementel.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03-12-2009, 13:12:50 »
WHERE does it spawn exactly? cuz I've capped those bases countless times as Brit even before fixing the Sherman II and I never saw it as German

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03-12-2009, 14:12:08 »
German main base, wait for a moment till it spawns with Panthers and other Panzer IV Hs.

But in default SP mode, the Tiger I will spawn instead of King Tiger. In my game, i change them to King Tiger just like in Conquest mode by altering gameplayobjects.con

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03-12-2009, 15:12:31 »
oh, THAT'S why.. so what does the code look like

I saw a snippet in COOP which was 3-flag-capture KonigsTiger
and the Normal spawn code for Tiger Late...I tried simply replacing the Tiger I name with KonigsTiger and it CTDed when it was time for it to spawn

Which part of the Conquest code do I copy, please?

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03-12-2009, 15:12:56 »
Replace the Tiger Late with kingtiger_1944fall

It is how it is supposed to be.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03-12-2009, 15:12:27 »
Oh, I get ya now...misunderstood what you meant by 'bridge' (I'd call it a railway crossing  ;)).

Haven't tried to find the KT yet, but if you look in your gamelogicinit.con file (in mods\fh2), you'll find a list of all the vehicle spawner names/codes.

The KT has 6(!):
kingtiger_1944easternfall
kingtiger_1944fall
kingtiger_1944winter
kingtiger_1945spring
kingtiger_night
kingtiger_standard

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04-12-2009, 14:12:47 »
So I guess I should just put the same file from the conquest where the COOP's was so that the KT spawns instead of the regualr Tiger and then replace M4A1s and UCs again?