Author Topic: No Man's Land: Field and Forest  (Read 9779 times)

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
No Man's Land: Field and Forest
« on: 30-12-2010, 16:12:34 »
Hello and welcome back to another update of No Man’s Land. For today’s update, we have a new weapon and map to show you.

First, we would like to thank our fans and the people who have been developing the mod. They have been giving for almost a year now, and an extra thank you to the Forgotten Hope 2 development team who are letting us make this minimod.
The development of No Man's land started on the 30th of December, 2009.

First up, one of the most known American weapons, the M1903 Springfield.
The M1903 Springfield-formally the United States Rifle, Caliber .30-06, Model 1903-is an American clip-fed, 5-shot, bolt-action service rifle used primarily during the first half of the 20th century.

It was officially adopted as into the United States military as a common bolt-action rifle on June 21, 1905, and saw service in World War I. It was officially replaced as the standard infantry rifle by the faster-firing, semi-automatic 8 round M1 Garand, starting in 1937. However, the M1903 Springfield remained in service as a standard-issue infantry rifle during World War II, since the U.S. entered the war without sufficient M1 rifles to arm all troops. It also remained in service as a sniper rifle during World War II, Korean War and even in the early stages of the Vietnam War. It remains popular as a civilian firearm, historical collector's piece and as a military drill rifle.

In No Man's land, this rifle will be the weapon of engineers and miners, while the main rifle will remain the M1917 Enfield. This weapon was modeled  by Arc.

Next, the map.

Battle of the Argonne Forest was a part of the final Allied offensive of World War I that stretched along the entire western front. The whole offensive was planned by Marshal Ferdinand Foch. The goal: to breach the Hindenburg line and ultimately force the opposing German forces to capitulate. The big September/October Allied breakthroughs across the length of the Hindenburg Line - including the Battle of the Argonne Forest - are now lumped together as part of what is generally remembered as the Grand Offensive by the Allies on the Western front. The Meuse-Argonne offensive also involved troops from France. While France, Britain and its dominion and imperial armies (mainly Canada, Australia and New Zealand), and Belgium contributed to major battles in other sectors across the whole front.

The French and British armies' ability to fight unbroken over the whole four years of the war in what amounted to a bloody stalemate is credited by some historians with breaking the spirit of the German Army on the Western Front. The Grand Offensive, including British, French and Belgian advances in the north along with the French-American advances around the Argonne forest, is in turn credited for leading directly to the Armistice on November 11.

On September 26, the Americans began their strike towards Sedan in the south; British and Belgian divisions drove towards Ghent (Belgium) on the 27th, and then British and French armies attacked across northern France on the 28th. The scale of the overall offensive, bolstered by the fresh and eager but largely untried and inexperienced U.S. troops, signaled renewed vigor among the Allies and sharply dimmed German hopes for victory.

For No Man's land, this map was created by Josh. Keep in mind the renders are still in WIP state.

This is all for tonight’s news, we hope you stay with us for the next update! And don’t forget to visit our main forums at www.nmlmod.forum-motion.com and our support websites, Forgotten Honor and Inside 1918!
« Last Edit: 30-12-2010, 17:12:48 by Graf_Radetzky(CZ) »

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Land: Field and Forest
« Reply #1 on: 30-12-2010, 16:12:50 »
Nice :)

Looking good :)
« Last Edit: 30-12-2010, 17:12:16 by Alakazou »

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30-12-2010, 16:12:19 »
very good

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30-12-2010, 17:12:00 »
News posted :)

Edit: By mistake one picture was twice, fixed.
« Last Edit: 30-12-2010, 17:12:16 by Graf_Radetzky(CZ) »

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-12-2010, 17:12:35 »
It seems you're having great progress!
Nice map and I hope you get it released soon!  :D

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30-12-2010, 17:12:24 »
i love the riverstream and lightsettings nice nice nice!

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
« Reply #6 on: 30-12-2010, 17:12:35 »
good work  ;)

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30-12-2010, 17:12:21 »
Keep it up, i want to try this.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-12-2010, 17:12:28 »
Many thanks, both Arc  and Josh will be happy  :)
And well as I mention everytime, we are recruiting modders (especially mappers and codders) so you can apply here, PM me or NML forum.  ;)

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-12-2010, 18:12:34 »
I am simply flabbergasted at the quality of Arc's work. Mainly because I saw some of his early stuff which was, let's say mediocre at best. And to think that was just over a year ago and now this? Very well done!
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline RoniSaysWoot

• View Profile
    • No Man's Land
« Reply #10 on: 31-12-2010, 00:12:01 »
I am simply flabbergasted at the quality of Arc's work. Mainly because I saw some of his early stuff which was, let's say mediocre at best. And to think that was just over a year ago and now this? Very well done!

Well thats what happens when you work on a team full of modelers, there's always someone to give you feedback, tips or even teach you :)

Register to support No Man's Land! at: www.nmlmod.forum-motion.com

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #11 on: 31-12-2010, 02:12:37 »
  Holy crap!  That little Mexican can really model!  Nice work Arc!  Did not know you had it in you.  Nice map as well Josh.  Seeing screen shots like that inspire one to fire up the editor again.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31-12-2010, 04:12:30 »
WOW guys this is really impressive stuff :D
Great work and happy new years
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31-12-2010, 12:12:41 »