Author Topic: FH 2.3 SP known errors & bot erronous behavior  (Read 14015 times)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
FH 2.3 SP known errors & bot erronous behavior
« on: 02-10-2010, 10:10:51 »
Ah my first free day with FH 2.3! Now I feel that I must pay some contribution by posting this.

Well, known crashes to me:

1. Lebisey crashed when map fully loaded (100% then CTD).
The map has no navmesh.
Fixed by Remick04 1st Fix
The map is now playable.

2. Operation Totalize-64 will eventually crash.
As long as the Canadians don't take the Windmill flag, all will be fine. But then, I play as Canadian and rushed all the way to the windmill (numerous times), and 3 times playing, all end up with this error message:

3. Operation Goodwood-64 displays dummy flags capture message.

4. Anctoville 1944-64 displays "ERROR when dealing with (certain object)"
The message will appear periodically, but doesn't affect anything to my observation. The game still plays well and the bots will do their job.

5. Port-en-Bessin MG34 gun position in a house adjacent to the Shipyard makes player stuck
I almost given up pressing 'e' key and chose suicide instead, until a clever British bot riflenaded me  :)

6. Ramelle-Neuville Parker's .30 cal confirmed may cause crash
I was playing as Germans, seeing the bots failed numerous times, i decided to rambo the church tower alone and do whatever i can to clear the path from defending Amis. I man the MG, snipe, and shoot many bots. But one bot with Bazooka slipped my MG sight, I yanked the MG to the right bottom corner trying to aim for him, but suddenly it CTDed without any error message (despite playing in windowed mode).

7. Operation Goodwood now crashes
I applied Remick's first SP patch and ESAI FH2 edition. As Germans, we hold LeMesnil Frementel and LePreiure for long, before it finally crashed. The British are bleeding, because both Cagny flags are in German's hand. Will find out the possible cause.

Bots that do not play properly:

1. Port-en-Bessin bots do not follow the flag cap order
Probably in the StrategicAreas.ai file, the bot British bot will go straight to the uncaptureable Port-en-Bessin from Outskirts. Must follow the push mode order.

Fixed by Remick's SP patch and Void's ESAI FH2 edition

2. Bots flying Hurricanes in Mt. Olympus easily crashed when turning hard
They fly much better in other maps, dunno why.

3. Villers-Bocage hedgerows makes bot stuck on them
The bot driving vehicles seemed not able to find better path to reach their fighting positions. Instead of real tank battle, i only see allied tanks getting into town and get pwn3d by infantries, while the mighty German tanks stuck in hedgerows.
Pictures Irrelevant
Bots will still struggle, but managed to get through all of the times, we can now see real tank fightings.

4. Bots in Ramelle-Neuville disregard towed 20 mm FLaK at all.
In small numbers, the Germans pwn3d the Amis by their superior equipment. When given more players, Americans can actually hold the Germans at the bay by using swarms of Zook rockets while the tank drivers are busy finding the right track. Also, the zook rockets seems to kill in pretty large radius too.

5. Bots driving vehicle in Operation Goodwood cannot cross railroad underpass and overpass.
The Germans are pretty much stuck in Goodwood, their counterattack only come with infantries and small armour units. Investigation leads me to their base: they forward and reverse the tanks and halftracks too much, afraid hitting the underpass wall. Probably their collision mesh avoidance played a part in this. Otherwise, we can "waypoint path" this underpasses and overpasses so bots can drive over them easily into the fight.

Fixed by Void's ESAI FH2 edition

6. Bots driving tanks in Anctoville-1944 cannot travel properly.
Bots in Anctoville, where streets and paths are narrow seems to be very clumsy when driving tanks. They just don't get to action too often. They forward and reverse too much, perhaps too afraid of scratching the fences, walls, and others.

Well that's all, will update as soon as I find other problems and its probable cause.
« Last Edit: 04-11-2010, 18:11:09 by ZooMotorpool »

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: FH 2.3 SP known errors & bot erronous behavior
« Reply #1 on: 02-10-2010, 11:10:25 »
some feedback form my side, I played st.lo., ramelle, villers

1. Lebisey 16+64 sizes- crash when the map is 100% loaded

2. Ramelle- great town battle.

3.St.Lo.-my new favorite map, just a beauty! :-*

4.Villers- I could not saw any tank/infantry battle, german tanks stay on place in their main base, the brit tanks stay on place around ABC line, for 30 min play only three brit tanks have been crossed their ABC line.
Soft infantry battle.
Definitely I will play my 64-size version of Villers_Bocage, while these problemss are still available.
screens:

« Last Edit: 02-10-2010, 11:10:37 by aserafimov »

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-10-2010, 12:10:40 »
Lebisey shows in the SP map list,but contains NO AI files
except for StrategicAreas.ai & Strategies.ai in the SP map size folders
it has no AI or AIPathFinding folders in the server rar file

which is definately the cause of the CTD on join

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-10-2010, 12:10:53 »
Lebisey shows in the SP map list,but contains NO AI files
except for StrategicAreas.ai & Strategies.ai in the SP map size folders
it has no AI or AIPathFinding folders in the server rar file

which is definately the cause of the CTD on join

Just checked too, and found the same thing. The map isn't navmeshed either.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-10-2010, 12:10:30 »
Both sp and coop?

Someone said the Parker's .30cal in ramelle tower also ctds n the p51s fly into each other

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02-10-2010, 13:10:07 »
Both sp and coop?

The (missing) AI & AIPathFinding folders in the server rar file,are used for both SP & CO OP

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-10-2010, 16:10:12 »
So basically, no bot support for Lebisey

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02-10-2010, 18:10:58 »
update:

anctoville 16 size- crash at 14%-16%

point du hoc 32 size

some bots died, probably due to bad spawn points

« Last Edit: 02-10-2010, 18:10:15 by aserafimov »

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02-10-2010, 18:10:37 »
Ugh, seems like there are more problems than I anticipated with 2.3... Ramelle, and PHL were the only maps I thought had problems. I tested everything else to death and it all seemed fine.

As you can tell from the Road to 2.3: part 2 update Lebisey was working in SP/coop. I took a couple sceenshots of bots on that map, one of which is in the update. So, somehow between me testing and taking those screenshots, and the files being released it lost its Ai and Aipathfinding folders.

Operation Totalizes' crash I believe is an AIpathfinding issue, which I thought I fixed. Try playing in windows mode and let me know if you get an error.

Port en Bessin's StrategicArea files are not the ones I made that do follow the push order, last minute changes were made to the map and my StrategicArea files got overwritten. Actually there are a couple of maps with a similar situation.

I'm not sure was up with Villers for you aserafimov, unless your SP files for the map are interfering with 2.3's, Because I've never seen that problem before. If anyone else experiences this problem let me know.

And I tested the 30.cal in the bell tower on Ramelle last night and had no crash so I'm hoping it was just a fluke for one person.

I really want to release an unofficial fix to some of the problems now, because a lot of them shouldn't exist
 :-\

edit: looks Like Anctoville SP1 file dosen't have it's strategicareas file you can copy it from the Coop 16 folder and it should work.
« Last Edit: 02-10-2010, 18:10:55 by Remick04 »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02-10-2010, 18:10:25 »
Anctoville 64, at least for me, the bots get an error and just stand around doing absolutely nothing :P

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02-10-2010, 21:10:38 »
@other SPers
Alryt boys, you heard the man; let's get debugging! I for one hope to get the phl fix in addition.

Should get to play 2.3 finally tonight. Will give a comprehensive feedback then.

Offline gijas04

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02-10-2010, 22:10:28 »
Ramellle at least size x64 was not good for bots. They couldn't capture the first flag and were all bunched together there but nothing happened. The enemy AI just flanked around them. Also, with the terrian of Ramelle being mostly debre and uneven the AI mechenized armour had a hard time moving. Brest is OK but the AI at least on my team doesn't head to the front but stays behind the lines and does me no good.

And to add, I have had the same problem mentioned above on the Villers map. The bots are blocked by the hedge rows which is a path finding issue - kind makes me laugh though as the old nick name for the actual battle was "hedgerow hell" and that's exactly what it is for me and the bots.

Also, when I play coop local against the bots I pick my maps usually five or so and then it seems like after the third map change I get a crash to the desk top everytime? Not sure but I've tested it with random maps and the same thing happens after the third map change? The Cobra map crashed as well when it was loading.
« Last Edit: 03-10-2010, 09:10:31 by gijas04 »

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03-10-2010, 11:10:34 »
Love 2.3!
That's all! The fact that Port en Bessin has been pathmapped makes me very very happy! Was waiting for this for soooo long!! Mareth line wooot Wooot! I still need to find some good quality time to go through everything that has been included!
A BIG Thanks for everyone who worked on this patch! Appreciate it a lot!

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03-10-2010, 12:10:10 »
just tried mount_olympus 16 size
as soon as you exit the castle towards the battle,your out of the combat area (doesnt seem to effect bots)
deleted all of the combat area code from the bottom of the GPO file,problem fixed

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03-10-2010, 15:10:30 »
Ramellle at least size x64 was not good for bots. They couldn't capture the first flag and were all bunched together there but nothing happened. The enemy AI just flanked around them. Also, with the terrian of Ramelle being mostly debre and uneven the AI mechenized armour had a hard time moving.
Seconded. And besides: the AT bots on US side shoot 90% of their shots too low so the rocket ends up in the ground 20 ft in front of them.