Author Topic: FH2's Nasazzi's baton  (Read 6685 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: FH2's Nasazzi's baton
« Reply #15 on: 04-04-2009, 19:04:37 »
In Honour Of Rad The Battle Is Fought!
Completely agree with you Sgt-D.

About UFWC: your link to Nasazzi's baton linked to there so I assumed it was the same  :P
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07-04-2009, 20:04:54 »
So, did anyone contact hamsters?

Offline Sgt-D

• Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07-04-2009, 23:04:29 »
So, the first game ended by a draw between [e-C] & [79th]

The Baton is stil to hold, next scrim winner (no matter which clan vs which clan) will win it!

The [e-C] are really good players, both in skill and tactics, but I was really disappointed cause, hey guys, on the first rounds, you exploited EVERY weakness of the game...

I really dislike the eSport spirit, save it for BF2, it ain't fair play and totally ruin the immersion (plus it was a friendly game)

This made me a bit sad, cause otherwise you're really good and certainly would not need this to win, without exploit you would still have won on the Mareth rounds for sure.
Your tactic was better than ours (we didn't have time to train), and your gathered assaults against our spread up defence were brilliants.

Anyway, it was still fun, too bad you couldn't stay longer to finish the game. (maybe two rounds on two different maps was too long)

Oh, and I have to admit something : you totally f**ed up our tactic on Sfakia. We never planned to make a full cap, our orders were only to hold two flags and scratch your tickets, but hey, discipline ain't our strongest weapon, and a full cap did the thing too.  ;)

[79th]Sgt-D

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08-04-2009, 00:04:47 »
We had pretty hard time with you guys and our inexperience was seen pretty well IMHO. We ran too much like headless chicken (I still can't believe we won the mareth line with 10/8 player ratio in our favour). You guys made me sweat in mix of fear and frustration.

I wonder what exploit are you talking about though. Could you name them becouse I didn't notice any exploit being used since I was in a battle furry (I can only imagine what it might been). I'd like to ask you to be more understanding as it was our first clan match and we took it a bit too seriously as for a "fun" match which may explain 'win at all costs' motivation. For many of our members (including myself) it is a first clan experience.

Anyway I'm looking for a rematch in a more serious manner and in more equal terms. :P

Offline Sgt-D

• Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08-04-2009, 00:04:25 »
Well, I admit some of us were quit upset, and ran amok and even unpolite (instead of being.. unPolish  ;))

Some of the exploits I mentioned are used by others clans in "win at all costs" spirit, it's not only you. It's just than us 79th, maybe cause being french, rather play without it. We want to have fun and be proud of a victory. (you know, we more proud of the 1982 World Cup, when we lost in semi finals vs Germany, then for the third place against... Poland, than of the 1998 victory, cause this victory was gained by playing defensively, although the 1982 campaign was played with panache).

Anyway, I would talk about Forgotten Honor squad leader tactics (the SL sneak to a flag, then bam the whole squad spawn for an instant cap), the engine known exploits (dolphin diving), camping a spawning tent with a MG, squad hopping (which is forbidden in official scrims - including the FHT), hiding in a bugged wall, etc, everything which is possible ingame, but not IRL.

But FH2 ain't perfect cause of BF2's engine, so you're not force to abandon all of these things, cause other clans use it too.

It's just than you don't have to use it against 79th, cause we are proud to play in a fair way (if not, feel free to tell us, we will be ashamed and fix it).

On other hand, I have to say that you played very well. I knew that some of you were pretty good from the FFA games (Paythoss, Mati, you), andI like to play with you on hslan.

But I was happily surprised to see that such a rookie clan played as an old veteran, I didn't see any noobish weaknesses (you understood very fast that in 16p scrims the flags are not so important, nor the ticket bleeding, but the tickets themselves, and once you understood we had stop to attack the second flag in order to only make you bleed with frags, our tactic was fucked up, and you managed to full cap us while we were winning 100-50. Congrats!)

I'm serious, you're pretty good, go on in this way, one thing in particular : you very well managed to attack in compact assaults. We could kill one, two, with many chance three of the attackers, but the wave was never ending.
Our defenders spread all over the flag could filed up in time the breech 20 times, but the 21st try broke the front, it was very well done, permanent attacks from all paths possible.

Plus it seems that you prepared very well the scrim with appropriate trainings (we felt the FHT experience).

Last thing, I would like to apologize in my name and in the name of my clan, we were hosting, and it was you first scrim, we shouldn't have yelled and get upset like that, it was not polite nor mature.

But, hey, it was in the heat of battle, and trust me, there's no remaining anger from us, we will be glad to play again against you guys  ;)
« Last Edit: 08-04-2009, 01:04:08 by Sgt-D »

[79th]Sgt-D

Offline Cin3k33

• Lobo`s younger sister
    • View Profile
    • eXavs
« Reply #20 on: 08-04-2009, 15:04:25 »
Hi

Thank you for great match. I guess somebody of you think why i got discoonect on sfakia, when i was last player ;D. Here is the explanation: I was going to capture harbor, when i noticed, that I am alone in my team. I killed 2 guys and ran endwise sea to upper town [in 16 probably Taravenna Petra] when i was going up the stairs they turned out power in my city  :D <fail>. 

At all, that match was really crazy, we come to server and look at scoreboard: "hey why there is 10 of 79th???" we thought, that there is 8 vs 8 but in the end we agreed to play against 79th 8 vs 10. we played 3 rounds, 2 in Mareth Line, one in Sfakia [ [e_C] as Brits ] , and 10 minutes before end our great player Koltar had to went to work, probably thats why we lost Sfakia. 30% less soldiers has made what it had to.

And as i know there were 3 rounds, not 4, Nikitta asked to do 3, not 4 rounds and we agreed. So why you write that there was a draw??? i think we won both rounds in Mareth Line, lost one in Sfakia, and i remind you we fight 8 vs 10, so i think  un fairly is that you write there that there was draw 2:2 becoause we win 2:1, i think other players should rate who won if you have doubt.

Here you have scoreboard from Mareth Line, of course i can`t give you screen from Sfakia, but there was probably 100 to 0 for 79th :]
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/600/bf22009040722082800.jpg
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2729/bf22009040721312710.jpg

And for the end here is our commemorative picture without me and Archibald  8)

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5623/bf22009040719220504.jpg
Hope that u like it :P

And 79th, we would like to play with you soon :D

« Last Edit: 09-04-2009, 09:04:11 by Cin3k33 »

Offline DesertRat40-45

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08-04-2009, 16:04:31 »
Hey, Hey, hey dont be so fast again, I still think it was 4fun match, we were 8 vs 10 etc, perhaps we can play the another real nasazi but 8vs8 without exploits etc? somewhere in the end of April or begining of May?

The [e-C] are really good players, both in skill and tactics, but I was really disappointed cause, hey guys, on the first rounds, you exploited EVERY weakness of the game...

Which ones? I played as usually :)

But I was happily surprised to see that such a rookie clan played as an old veteran, I didn't see any noobish weaknesses (you understood very fast that in 16p scrims the flags are not so important, nor the ticket bleeding, but the tickets themselves, and once you understood we had stop to attack the second flag in order to only make you bleed with frags, our tactic was fucked up, and you managed to full cap us while we were winning 100-50. Congrats!)

Sgd-D, we aint rookies :)

Anyway, I would talk about Forgotten Honor squad leader tactics (the SL sneak to a flag, then bam the whole squad spawn for an instant cap), the engine known exploits (dolphin diving), camping a spawning tent with a MG, squad hopping (which is forbidden in official scrims - including the FHT), hiding in a bugged wall, etc, everything which is possible ingame, but not IRL.

Actually, the squads were moving around in whole :

But thanks for great match!!!

« Last Edit: 08-04-2009, 16:04:56 by DesertRat40-45 »
Sig editted (oversize)

Offline Sgt-D

• Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08-04-2009, 18:04:22 »
Ah I see there were lots of misunderstandings.

For us it was 10 vs 10 (and we suffered all day before the game to gather enough players, thinking you would be 10!), and two maps, the first to win three rounds win the game.

Usually it's only on one map, we were a bit surprised, but hey why not, 16p maps are played so fast.

But in this case the rounds were really tough but not fast...

OK for playing another scrim, with right agreement this time, but if two other clans have a game before this, the winner will hold the baton before any of us ;)

[79th]Sgt-D

Offline Sgt-D

• Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08-04-2009, 22:04:00 »
Here's to you guys  ;)

[79th]Sgt-D

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #24 on: 09-04-2009, 00:04:52 »
So should the 130th be gearing up for a fight with someone?
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline DesertRat40-45

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09-04-2009, 09:04:27 »
Sure, i agree Sgt-D its great idea  ;D :D
Sig editted (oversize)

Offline dutch

• FHT - F|H Tournament Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #26 on: 09-04-2009, 13:04:26 »
We are up for it 130th :)

Anyway Sgt D you are bringing up a valid point. The SL spawn tactic, I kind of use it without thinking about it. When we moved from FH1 to FH2 the SL spawn was a thing we all hated, but somehow we adjusted to it, but reading your posts I can only agree it is cheap and should not be used anymore.

I like the way it is in PR.

But since we do not have it that way, howbout we will start to play our matches without squads, so just 10 vs 10 the way we played FH1?

I am all for this, even better I just opened a topic about to start playing like this in our tournament again.

Just let me know what you guys think on this. It will bring back the quality of attack.
"Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline Sgt-D

• Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11-04-2009, 15:04:56 »
I answered on the FHT forum.

Remove the SL spawn on 16p maps could be a good idea, but on a 64p scale please don't remove it.

This feature is the only good thing (alongside with the stamina bar) BF2 brought.

No SL spawn = no more gathered squads  :(

Warning to the 130th : beware of the F|H, but also the [e-C], they both are realy tough to play!

No offesne for the other clans, on your anniversary ladder we fought against good opponents, and managed to win in pain and glory, but the F|H were impossible to beat (us 79th have to improve some things), and I felt the [e-C] were second to the F|H.

Nice to see the clans rising up again  :), can't wait for a megascrim.

[79th]Sgt-D

Offline Cin3k33

• Lobo`s younger sister
    • View Profile
    • eXavs
« Reply #28 on: 11-04-2009, 16:04:08 »
I am really disapointed that we can`t take part in last clan tournament, I dream every night about expierience that we missed :'(.  But uh, we weren`t existed  :P

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11-04-2009, 21:04:21 »
Sgt-D saying nice things about my clan is a sweet melody to my ears indeed. I still think we are not worthy of such kind words... yet :D.

I'm really looking forward for our next scrim and I wonder if we shouldn't bring no-SL plan to life while we're at it. I'm only worried if it wouldn't bring too much confusion and instead of unified front we'd get everyone spread out thin.