Author Topic: Crash after New Harddrive  (Read 288 times)

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
Crash after New Harddrive
« on: 12-07-2014, 23:07:00 »
Hey guys, i got myself a new ssd on which i put the windows installation. BF2 and FH2 are installed on my old harddrive, without the old windows installation of course.
So now i can start the game and click on a server in the browser but i get an instant CTD after that. obviously because the old windows partition is gone.
Now, because i am not really motivated to reinstall and patch and download everything again, i wanted to ask if someone knows if i need to add some files on my new windows installation to make it work again or do i really have to reinstall everythig?

Cheers

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Crash after New Harddrive
« Reply #1 on: 13-07-2014, 01:07:24 »
Only solution I know of is reinstalling. If you have some old installers lying around, the DL with the Launcher will be shorter, of course.

Offline Laboraffe

• View Profile
Re: Crash after New Harddrive
« Reply #2 on: 13-07-2014, 05:07:34 »
Other than the My Documents subfolder which may be recreated anyway there probably are not any files missing but just the registry entries. If a backup/clone exists then they could be retrieved most easily by booting and exporting from Registry Editor. Alternatively the old registry "hive" (system config files) may be loaded from the Registry Editor of any running Windows.