Author Topic: [Model] Walther PPK  (Read 3860 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Re: [Model] Walther PPK
« Reply #15 on: 14-09-2009, 23:09:40 »
ionizer you have any Texturing skills or you just telling us your opinion?

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15-09-2009, 04:09:10 »
" ionizer you have any Texturing skills or you just telling us your opinion?"

I don't see how texturing skill allows you to have a better ability to tell people what looks better from your POV.  The only thing that does that is art appreciation classes.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15-09-2009, 18:09:24 »
Heh heh.  Am I not allowed to comment if I can't texture?  :D  No, I don't have much artistic ability.  I haven't tried texturing, but I'm fairly certain I wouldn't be much good at it.  That said, I can still appreciate good work and give my opinion on stuff that I see.  Or else I wouldn't be able to give my opinions on the stuff that you and the other Devs do for FH2...

Anyway, I'm sure anyone can ignore my comments if they so wish.  But I'm not gonna stop giving them, that's for sure.

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #18 on: 16-09-2009, 13:09:01 »
Heh heh.  Am I not allowed to comment if I can't texture?  :D  No, I don't have much artistic ability.  I haven't tried texturing, but I'm fairly certain I wouldn't be much good at it.  That said, I can still appreciate good work and give my opinion on stuff that I see.  Or else I wouldn't be able to give my opinions on the stuff that you and the other Devs do for FH2...

Anyway, I'm sure anyone can ignore my comments if they so wish.  But I'm not gonna stop giving them, that's for sure.

sorta ..

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline Jürgen

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16-09-2009, 20:09:55 »
I think everyone can comment...I just want to hear opinions...

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16-09-2009, 21:09:31 »
Would be nice, to see some damage on the weapon and dirt on the grip.
So something thats looks this way  :)

ATM i like the dark version of your skins.

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17-09-2009, 14:09:33 »
I think a layman's opinion is in many ways an absolute must when it comes to artistic work. 99% of the audience for your work will be laymen, so saying 'you shouldn't comment if you can't do better' really doesn't make any sense.

On topic, I (as a proud layman) think this is a superb piece of work. In-game it still looks crisp and sharp, and tbh on par with many FH2 models, provided the metal and wood is dulled in a manner that makes it look like the metal on, say, the P38. Keep up the good work!
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #22 on: 20-09-2009, 16:09:04 »
this is improving and everytime I check the newest picture I like it more. Jürgen is doing a kick ass job  :)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #23 on: 21-09-2009, 03:09:16 »
  Very nice work!  I am not so sure about the white lettering on the slide though.  If you are going off reference pictures that you got off the internets I would try and find more.  The Germans in WWII went batty with stamping codes and numbers all over everything and as a result many collectors are out to get certain factory codes and production numbers when they buy things.  As a result a fair amount of pics of german guns on the internet have a white waxy substance rubbed into all these markings to highlight the crests codes and banners on these guns.  I could be full of shit on this not owning a PPK but the Walthers I do own don't have this so do a little more homework before calling this a done deal.

Ohh and BTW great work guy!
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Biiviz

« Reply #24 on: 22-09-2009, 10:09:23 »
He's not your guy, pal.

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24-09-2009, 00:09:01 »

Awesome model  :D!

Very nice work!  I am not so sure about the white lettering on the slide though.  If you are going off reference pictures that you got off the internets I would try and find more.  The Germans in WWII went batty with stamping codes and numbers all over everything and as a result many collectors are out to get certain factory codes and production numbers when they buy things.  As a result a fair amount of pics of german guns on the internet have a white waxy substance rubbed into all these markings to highlight the crests codes and banners on these guns.  I could be full of shit on this not owning a PPK but the Walthers I do own don't have this so do a little more homework before calling this a done deal.

Ohh and BTW great work guy!

Yep, The Germans didn't paint the lettering white.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #26 on: 24-09-2009, 01:09:09 »
He's not your guy, pal.

Always right there to bait me Biiviz!   ;D 

http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Jürgen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24-09-2009, 12:09:55 »
Thanks for the feedback...
So aren´t the letters white? :S

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25-09-2009, 11:09:38 »
That is Giarabub, and i made this Mosque model and the sky is great . i also like the Color and detail Texture of the Terrain. Also this hand Textures look fantastic i think RAD did an awesome Job on then. oh a is that a Pistol? ::)
That mosque model sucks.

:P

I'm liking the Walther, looks good.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Jürgen

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25-09-2009, 15:09:07 »
That is Giarabub, and i made this Mosque model and the sky is great . i also like the Color and detail Texture of the Terrain. Also this hand Textures look fantastic i think RAD did an awesome Job on then. oh a is that a Pistol? ::)
That mosque model sucks.
 :P
Every model in FH2 is beautiful.