Author Topic: Tunis 64  (Read 32812 times)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Tunis 64
« Reply #75 on: 10-12-2012, 12:12:31 »
I dont think any arty or vehicles are a good idea. For vehicles they would just get stuck everywhere.
And arty the mortar on Brest has just been removed to stop this massiv mortar (spanw)raping at least for the Germans.
And now add a mortar to tunis this would be an incredicly worse kind of spam. No please.

But we need something to break the stalemate of this map with +64 people. What do you suggest?

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 10-12-2012, 13:12:30 »
Pick up MG kits for the Italiens or why not for both sides, something like. Or similar this changes in kit layout. Its nice to have maps without annoying arty it belogs to Tunis and its gameplay.

I dont think an map should be altered on the basis of 64+ players. the maps arent made for 64+ players and I d say its still more often less or not much more than 64 players online.
The map stays a 64 map not a 64+ map, its rather a problem of server managment to exculde certain maps from the maplist.

For the 64 player version I think 3 passages should be enough to brake the main line.

Offline Horstpetersens

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 11-12-2012, 03:12:06 »
Mortar in the brit main, please?
LefH for the germans pls ;D

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 13-12-2012, 10:12:19 »
Mortar in the brit main, please?
LefH for the germans pls ;D
Oh dog what diddeh if that happens!
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 19-02-2013, 18:02:05 »
We all know the map to be a grenade festival.   This is even worst with 64+ server.  :-\

This annoyance could be decreased drastically by simply removing ammo boxes on the map, an particularly the one found in building facing (west) old mosque flag zone.  When Allies take the 3 first flags, Axis have unlimited grenades at hands ready to be thrown on city gate shock points.  This mix of shock points and unlimited grenades turn every round into a mess, imho.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 11-04-2014, 07:04:02 »
2.46 changelog for Tunis 64

• The Allied HQ: less crowdy spawning.
  • Removed the ammo box in D4 (a building between Prophet's Gate and Old Mosque) (as requested by [QPS]_Sex_Bomb, see the post right above).
  • Fixed intermixed spawning in H3. In 2.45, the Allies and the Axis were spawned in the same place by different flags.
  • The Axis HQ: removed 2 spawn points 10-20 meters away from the infamous right flank building which we all love to camp in.
  • The Axis HQ: added a sandbag wall in front of the lafette.
  • Updated minimap, no more walking on the water at the coast. This also fixed some outdated areas on the minimap.
  • Cosmetic (visual) fixes.

Minimap for reference:
« Last Edit: 11-04-2014, 08:04:24 by gavrant »

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 08-02-2016, 01:02:02 »
2.5 changelog for Tunis (all layers)

• Closed a route from Al-Grabab Market to Prophet's Gate over fortress walls, the one that allowed Axis players to camp on the gates overlooking Prophet's Gate flag.
  • Various visual fixes, from better looking barrels all over the map to fixed shiny vases.

Minimap for reference:

Offline Salubrun

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 16-03-2016, 10:03:11 »
This general idea has struck me more than once while playing Tunis. I don't know how historically accurate or balanced it would be, but at least the map would stop being a server killer, I think. The idea would be to give the Allied team a chance to get deep into the city right at the beginning of the match.

If possible, maybe have the game randomly pick which Allied starting spawn could be spawned at. So Axis would never know where the attack is coming from, at first. Obviously, the map would have to be overhauled.

« Last Edit: 16-03-2016, 19:03:46 by Salubrun »