Author Topic: Tank automatically driving forward since 2.4, found out: Joystick=responsible...  (Read 1467 times)

Offline DanielNL

• View Profile
After some months I actually found out by coincidence that I just have to go to the Key settings in FH2 and delete the Joystick configurations from the "tank"-menu (which got there be themself? They are copied from sth. I guess!). So, I think now, what a pitty I always wanted to drive tanks since 2.4 but had this strange problem my tank was always driving forward without pressing any button!!! So aiming got VEEEERY hard, releasing, tapping, releasing, ... the key "S" (backwards)... So guys, could you inform new FH 2.4 players about this issue somehow ingame (in the settings menu under "tank"-key settings???)?
Would be VEEERY helpful since I won't be the onlyone having experienced and wondered about this problem until finding out by coincidence that it's the Joysticks responsibility... -.-

;)

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
If you change your settings to default it will remove any error in the key configurations. FH2 comes with it's own key profile settings.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline DanielNL

• View Profile
Yes yes, I know, that's what I wrote.

And that's the thing: FH2 should NOT come with it's own Joystick configuration in tanks OR the DEVs should make a notice so new players see that it has a standard-joystick-configuration already in FH2 which can make the tank drive by itself (cause the throttle in joystick is set to forward or backward)...

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
But anyone noticing their tanks moving might try all controls on their PC, so a joysticl beingt the third option after mouse and keyboard should be easy to locate as source. :)
But your point is noted.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline DanielNL

• View Profile

Offline Kev4000

• FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
This can only happen when you copy in BF2 controls manually.
An unfortunate side effect of using the separate Fh2 settings directory. However its a + that we may now separate tank controls at all, with added functionality!
Compared to 2.3, it has a 90% lower error rate on controls and shaders configuration (given you retrieve profile or create new).

Offline DanielNL

• View Profile
Oooooh yeeeah!!!  ;D