Author Topic: New Suggestions  (Read 3469 times)

Offline ScreamingEagle_USA

• View Profile
New Suggestions
« on: 12-10-2012, 15:10:26 »
I'm really sorry about the last suggestion I made not being good. Today I making of new suggestion that is much better I think.

My first suggestion is to add Indian infantry. My great great grandfather said that Indian troops were superior.

My next suggestion would be to add new maps with special operations missions such as Bardia where you blow up objective.

My final suggestion would be to add very special mission where you must blow up super German tank Maus.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
Re: New Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 12-10-2012, 15:10:20 »
As an Indian, I would love to see them in the mod, however, making new models and new voices is not just a piece of cake. So sadly it will have to wait.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-10-2012, 15:10:06 »
I think he's trolling... alone the idea with the Maus.
Jumping from one faux pas to the next, aren't we? ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-10-2012, 15:10:02 »
Yeah, looks like he made an oopsie mentioning Maus ;D

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12-10-2012, 15:10:35 »
Hey, benefit of the doubt. Dude is new, just wants to see the Maus. Can you blame em, a good number of people do -- They just know its unacceptable to ask.

I think they had Indians in FHSW, but still used Brit voices.
Would love to see them, as I'd also love to see my people :)
But I think Indian troops are higher priority of the lower priority list.

Wait for Russians first, then maybe other larger nations like French, Poles etc.
Special missions aren't bad. But please be specific. What mission do you have in mind that will work for 64 players... or even 128 players.

AND,
please make your thread have a descriptive name. 'New Suggestions' Is a terrible name for a thread.
Try renaming it to 'Indian troops, Special Missions and Maus'... Actually just make it 'Indian troops and Special missions' and drop Maus from the discussion altogether.

Civiilization is not yet ready for such radical ideas...
« Last Edit: 12-10-2012, 15:10:16 by djinn »

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-10-2012, 16:10:08 »
I still don't understand why Maus is not in game yet  ???
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Offline Rabbit032

• By all means necessary.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12-10-2012, 16:10:51 »
Yes, Id much rather them focus on adding Indian Infantry rather than, lets say getting AI to recognize an objective like the Artillery guns on PDH as the same as lets say and enemy tank and try to destroy it, but hey, Indian Infantry, why not.
Pipe Hitters Union

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12-10-2012, 17:10:33 »
Yes, Id much rather them focus on adding Indian Infantry rather than, lets say getting AI to recognize an objective like the Artillery guns on PDH as the same as lets say and enemy tank and try to destroy it, but hey, Indian Infantry, why not.

Exactly. I'd even say, postpone the Russians and get the work started on the Indians!

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12-10-2012, 18:10:20 »
I still don't understand why Maus is not in game yet  ???

I do hope you're joking.

Also, indian troops were not "superior."  They were generally very good troops, but had their cases of preforming poorly in combat just like all troops.  They would be awesome to have ingame, but the main thing that's held them back, IIRC, is that FH has no way of doing the voicework for them currently.

As for maus, no.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12-10-2012, 18:10:52 »
Hey ScreamingEagle,

You can check the devellopement process of FH2 Secret weapons (It'll have cool things like the Maus) on this thread:

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=18043.0

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-10-2012, 19:10:34 »

Wait for Russians first, then maybe other larger nations like French, Poles etc.

Rabbit032,
you realize of course that its not the same people who work on adding AI to the French155m guns as the people who model soldiers?

But there you have it,
nothing more to see here...

Offline Rabbit032

• By all means necessary.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12-10-2012, 19:10:04 »

Rabbit032,
you realize of course that its not the same people who work on adding AI to the French155m guns as the people who model soldiers?

But there you have it,
nothing more to see here...

I sure do, but its my clever way of saying people have more important things to do/fix/add etc.
Pipe Hitters Union

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12-10-2012, 19:10:14 »
Technically, we could have indian modelplayer, kukris knife and vicker-berthier in some map like we have italian player model and weapons with german as the main axis army. Mersa Matruh, Sidi Rizegh, Keren could have those model... But the problem is the time it will take to make the model. I supposed, if a Dev want to do those think, it could be awesome but it's not the priority.

This could be a solution for the voice problem :P
« Last Edit: 12-10-2012, 20:10:27 by Alakazou »

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13-10-2012, 00:10:34 »
Been a while since we had a maus suggestion :)

The devs have said many times that the maus will never be added in game. Reasons being that it was never used in combat and in fact only a couple prototypes were actually built, leaving no place for them on any map, or in the mod.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14-10-2012, 11:10:58 »
Indian troops also will never be added, maybe for some future project but not fh2, we won't make that part of the war, burma etc. Probably not even pacific with just japan vs usa. sorry.