Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 26th of December  (Read 28050 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope News Update: 26th of December
« Reply #105 on: 29-12-2010, 01:12:22 »
I thought they just looked like Sumpftarn because they used that reversed Splintertarn camo?

Offline Knoffhoff

• Developer
  • Vorstopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 29-12-2010, 02:12:08 »

As for the post-war trousers, I have it on good authority that they are fixed internally, and that they just aren't gonna replace the renders that were in the update, as it would be too bothersome to do it for all the news sites it got posted on. :P

Post war trousers? I knew that something was going to come about this trousers that not really have a accurate ww2 pattern. I hope they will be fixed. But I'm sorry. You calling them post war trousers once again shows me that you talk loud and know little.

Here is some postwar:
The one who knows what he is talking about will clearly see the difference.
« Last Edit: 29-12-2010, 02:12:37 by Knoffhoff »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 29-12-2010, 02:12:18 »

As for the post-war trousers, I have it on good authority that they are fixed internally, and that they just aren't gonna replace the renders that were in the update, as it would be too bothersome to do it for all the news sites it got posted on. :P

Post war trousers? I knew that something was going to come about this trousers that not really have a accurate ww2 pattern. I hope they will be fixed. But I'm sorry. You calling them post war trousers once again shows me that you talk loud and know little.

Here is some postwar:
The one who knows what he is talking about will clearly see the difference.

Here is war time pattern tan/water camo:

Here is my personally owned post-war tan/water BGS tunic from the 1970s:

And here are different types of BGS tan and water camo, with year manufacture dates:

Edit: Wait wait wait...did you think I was talking about the trousers themselves, not the camo pattern?  I'm talking camo pattern here.  The trousers themselves are fine.  Its the camo pattern that is post-war.  Looks like you're the one who talks loud but knows little about what the other person is saying.
« Last Edit: 29-12-2010, 02:12:12 by VonMudra »

Offline Knoffhoff

• Developer
  • Vorstopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 29-12-2010, 02:12:21 »
And what are you trying to tell me with this?

Your pictures of the "war time pattern tan/water camo" are pictures of cheap reproductions that look nothing like the real "tan/water" camo. You want the uniforms to look like that? You have to be nuts.

Nice that you own a BGS tunic. Those are getting sought after lately. But when you have the privilege to own one of these, you should actually take a close look at them before you make silly comments on the forums.

Of course I can follow how you come to the conclusion that on the render you see a post war camo pattern. Pattern is similar, colors are almost the same, they are easy to mix up for somebody who doesn't know much about it.

I have a little task for you. Try to find out what the reversed Splittertarn pattern is and with a bit of imagination you might be able to figure out how a render of pants in a pattern that is a mix betwen reversed Splittertarn and Sumpftarn occured.

edit to Mudras edit:
I'm not talking about trousers. Just the pattern.
« Last Edit: 29-12-2010, 02:12:03 by Knoffhoff »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 29-12-2010, 02:12:51 »
And what are you trying to tell me with this?

Your pictures of the "war time pattern tan/water camo" are pictures of cheap reproductions that look nothing like the real "tan/water" camo. You want the uniforms to look like that? You have to be nuts.

Nice that you own a BGS tunic. Those are getting sought after lately. But when you have the privilege to own one of these, you should actually take a close look at them before you make silly comments on the forums.

Of course I can follow how you come to the conclusion that on the render you see a post war camo pattern. Pattern is similar, colors are almost the same, they are easy to mix up for somebody who doesn't know much about it.

I have a little task for you. Try to find out what the reversed Splittertarn pattern is and with a bit of imagination you might be able to figure out how a render of pants in a pattern that is a mix betwen reversed Splittertarn and Sumpftarn occured.

HAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHHAAH

Dude, I defy you.  DEFY YOU, to prove that the wartime camo I just showed you is incorrect in any way, shape, or form.  I utterly defy you to do that.  The camo pattern on those trousers right now is a post-war BGS.  I pointed that out to Kev the moment I saw it.  He told me that Remdul has fixed it internally, and that they posted the incorrect renders.  I posted a photo set, off Wehrmacht awards forum (if you don't know what that is, its basically a forum of guys who could put me and taranov to shame) showing varying patterns of BGS camo.  They are IDENTICAL to the camo pattern on those trousers.

M44 Tan/Water was a MUCH different camo than splinter.  It was darker, more mustardy, the edges were blurred and rounded off.  The M43 type, much rarer, is closer to what you have, with distint borders, but still far off:

(Note, this is an ORIGINAL 43 type tan/water parka)

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 29-12-2010, 02:12:50 »
speaking of camo, why not fix up the current waffen SS erbsenmuster? noone seems to complain how off it is..

and mudra, how far is this gonna get you? exept you look like an complete idiot writing like that :-\
« Last Edit: 29-12-2010, 02:12:22 by Sn00x »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 29-12-2010, 02:12:53 »
speaking of camo, why not fix up the current waffen SS erbsenmuster? noone seems to complain how off it is..

and mudra, how far is this gonna get you? exept you look like an complete idiot writing like that :-\

A complete idiot for what?  Knoffhoff first claims that I "talk loud and know little."  He then goes on to say "You want the uniforms to look like that? You have to be nuts." and "Pattern is similar, colors are almost the same, they are easy to mix up for somebody who doesn't know much about it."  That's all nice, except he's talking not to some random forum lurker, but a guy who makes it his living to know about this shit.  He wants to go off and insult me on this, he better be able to get solid fact on it, which I know he cannot.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 29-12-2010, 02:12:55 »
he's just mad because you keep saying trouser when you should say pattern. and i still havnt found anything that he is stating its an ww2 pattern nor that it is the one you will see ingame, so your argument is invalid..

allso if you have such an good experience in camo and whatnot, why havnt i seen you rage over the wrong colours and patterns in the waffen SS uniforms currently ingame?

sometimes mudra, you talk to much and have a bit to big mouth

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 29-12-2010, 02:12:33 »
he's just mad because you keep saying trouser when you should say pattern. and i still havnt found anything that he is stating its an ww2 pattern nor that it is the one you will see ingame, so your argument is invalid..

allso if you have such an good experience in camo and whatnot, why havnt i seen you rage over the wrong colours and patterns in the waffen SS uniforms here?

I did, long ago, when the pea-dot was first introduced.  There was an epic thread on that.

And if you look at what I wrote, I wrote that according to the people I've spoken too, that render was the incorrect one, and that it HAS been fixed internally.  Knoffhoff then came in and started saying that I'm wrong.

And the reason I do sometimes talk to much, and have a bit too big of a mouth, is because when I KNOW something is wrong, I point it out.  I was polite though.  I noted in my first post that it was incorrect, but that it was just the wrong render, and according to Kev, it had been fixed internally.  It was knoffhoff who insulted me, then started spewing that I was wrong.
« Last Edit: 29-12-2010, 03:12:05 by VonMudra »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 29-12-2010, 02:12:53 »
I thought it just looked a bit like Sumpftarn cause it was supposed to be that rare reversed splinter camo...

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 29-12-2010, 03:12:25 »

allso if you have such an good experience in camo and whatnot, why havnt i seen you rage over the wrong colours and patterns in the waffen SS uniforms here?

I did, long ago, when the pea-dot was first introduced.  There was an epic thread on that.

And if you look at what I wrote, I wrote that according to the people I've spoken too, that render was the incorrect one, and that it HAS been fixed internally.  Knoffhoff then came in and started saying that I'm wrong.

And the reason I do sometimes talk to much, and have a bit too big of a mouth, is because when I KNOW something is wrong, I point it out.

ohreally? just like when you raged out that stonegrey field uniforms didnt exist? ::) no sir, you arent allways right when you scream

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 29-12-2010, 03:12:43 »
Here are a couple of pictures of original Tan & Water pattern uniform articles:

Mudra is indeed correct, Knoffhoff just needs to calm down. I'm sure that the problem will be simple to fix.
« Last Edit: 29-12-2010, 03:12:04 by arisaka99 »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 29-12-2010, 03:12:00 »

And the reason I do sometimes talk to much, and have a bit too big of a mouth, is because when I KNOW something is wrong, I point it out.

ohreally? just like when you raged out that stonegrey field uniforms didnt exist? ::) no sir, you arent allways right when you scream

What?  They didn't.  The only steingrau field uniform was the M37 trouser.  ::)  And the heer field uniforms for FH2 are spot on correct anyways.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 29-12-2010, 03:12:02 »
you sir, obviousle know nothing about german forces in norway.. wich i.. happens to know a damn good deal about  ::)

just because you are an american, and an reenactor, dosnt mean you are right all the time. now suck it up bitch  :D

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 29-12-2010, 03:12:08 »
lol this is getting better and better ;D