Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 308036 times)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #6630 on: 30-03-2017, 02:03:13 »
That is IMHO the smartest way to do. It is a bit expensive though.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: 30-03-2017, 23:03:33 »
I buy a new hdd with X2 space every ca. 3 years when its full. Clone the old hdd to the new one. Keep the old disc as extra backup. Started doing this around year 2000  :)

2000 60 GB
2002 120 GB
2004 320 GB
2007 500 GB
2010 1TB
2013 2TB
2016 4TB
That's cool and smart. Do you got any files from the early 2000's? :)

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: 31-03-2017, 02:03:51 »
He probably does. Are you looking for anything particular, or just a memory flashback? Most of the stuff is still available anyway.

« Last Edit: 31-03-2017, 02:03:57 by Dukat »

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: 07-04-2017, 14:04:49 »
Do you all think Assad did do a chemical attack? Western and Turkish sources  say it was Assad, just as alledged witnesses say that it came from a bombing by planes. The Russian explanation was that a depot of chemical weapons got hit by an air strike. There is no way for us to know what exactly happened there, but I can barely believe that Assad would be that stupid to use chemical weapons, especially for something that insignificant.

Assad and the SAA have used chemical weapons regularly throughout the war.  This attack was most likely in response to the recent rebel offensive in Hama (this attack hit a crucial junction town just north of the rebel-held salient).  The SAA had no reason to believe that THIS gas attack would suddenly blow up in their faces- all the others have fallen on deaf ears.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: 07-04-2017, 14:04:08 »
Ah yes, chemical weapons. Tell the White Helmets dudes about that, handling CW victims without any protection.

Some first responders died immediately at the scene[21] and some first responders were sickened when they came into contact with the victims.[18]

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: 07-04-2017, 18:04:03 »
Ah yes, chemical weapons. Tell the White Helmets dudes about that, handling CW victims without any protection.

Some first responders died immediately at the scene[21] and some first responders were sickened when they came into contact with the victims.[18]

Right, and the claim is Sarin gas used by the SyAAF?.

I dont think Assad did it, too much to lose too little to win. He won Hama without dropping a single Chlorine/Sarin Gas canister. I call bs on that again, I'd say the so-called rebels need a couple of Tomahawk missiles to help them, along with the already-delivered TOWs.

And by the way, isnt that particular area held by Al-Qaeda?.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: 10-04-2017, 17:04:29 »
No matter what, it hits a certain area that is heavily covered by the press. Blown up at a signifcant tipping point. The US should probably get serious or get their hands out completely of Syria. The end. Let the extremist Sunnis fought their own conflict with Alawite Shias. Whoever the winner is, genocide will surely follow soon. Assad? He will punish those Sunnis who opposed him brutally, much harsher punishment will befall upon the Kurds. The SFA? Surely, there will be Alawite mass killings, a couple of brushed-off case of violence against non-Muslims (e.g. what happened in Egypt coptic church lately), and fundamentalism galore ripe for Saud Salafists to reap. ISIS? Al Qaeda? Honestly, it is a giant clusterfuck out there.

The west just picked sides that their oil suppliers chose for them.

My friends with extremist leanings in Facebook were all like: "The time has come!"

It is about a prophecy of "the end of the day" when the Roman Army aligning with the Muslim Soldiers, which will trumps over the "Eastern Forces". Then the Roman Army betrayed the Muslims, and the great war was fought. The victory was promised to the Muslims in that case. But like most flat-earthers they are. There is no such clear-cut alliance, but in the minds of equally stupid Europeans & Americans who were amazed that they manage to align with Israel, Saudi Arabia, and unbeknownst to them, ISIS too at the same time with this Tommahawk strike.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: 12-04-2017, 16:04:17 »

Right, and the claim is Sarin gas used by the SyAAF?.

I dont think Assad did it, too much to lose too little to win. He won Hama without dropping a single Chlorine/Sarin Gas canister. I call bs on that again, I'd say the so-called rebels need a couple of Tomahawk missiles to help them, along with the already-delivered TOWs.

And by the way, isnt that particular area held by Al-Qaeda?.

No, it is not, and your conspiracy beliefs are ridiculous.

Online Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: 13-04-2017, 02:04:56 »
can anyone explain the major differences between the SDF and the 'Rebels' in Syria? For example in a map like this;

I know there's a bunch a factions fighting for their own personal gain, but idk who's considered 'rebels' in this case.

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: 13-04-2017, 02:04:58 »
SDF are the Kurdish forces.

Rebels are sundry groups opposing the government and IS.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: 13-04-2017, 05:04:11 »
The SDF are heavily kurdish (and were originally based out of Kurdish-speaking areas), but they've basically absorbed most of the pro-democracy/secularist rebel forces.  They basically have a ceasefire with the Syrian Army (though occasionally come to blows), and are currently mostly fighting against ISIL forces.   The SDF are currently the ones working to take Tabqah Dam and liberate Thawrah and Raqqah, and will, by all chances, dominate northern and eastern Syria by the time ISIL is gone from that country.  The USA heavily backs the SDF now, with equipment, training, air support, artillery support, and spec ops forces, as the SDF are, basically, the only good guys left in the civil war.  The Russians also back the SDF, seeing them as a counter-balance to the Turks and FSA rebels.  Assad's regime doesn't like them, but they would rather have a truce and negotiated peace than have to fight yet another enemy, especially when the SDF currently stand the best change of breaking the siege of Deir Ez Zur.  The Turks are against them, as they see a the SDF as a way to establish a heavily Kurdish Autonomous Region, like Iraqi Kurdistan, on their border, thus threatening their own Kurdish-populated areas.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: 13-04-2017, 14:04:42 »
The SDF and YPG are basically allies, as they represented the Kurdish interest in the region. They are mostly secular and pro-democracy, however, the catch is they might break off from the old map and form a new independent country or at least very autonomous region. If their current allies didn't back them on their quest to become independent, they will see the whole world as Turkey.

If they do get independence, there will be a lot of resentment amongst the Arabs and Turks. The conflict will then becoming tribal. Arabs (Syria & Iraq) will see huge chunk of their oil-rich territory gone and the Turks consider them as terrorists.
« Last Edit: 13-04-2017, 17:04:09 by Zoologic »

Online Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: 13-04-2017, 15:04:37 »
Thanks for the answers guys. Just helps me organize the total clusterfuck this war has become :-\

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: 13-04-2017, 17:04:46 »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_armed_groups_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War

A nice starting point to see what factions and subunits are fighting each other. It's a very long list.
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: 14-04-2017, 01:04:45 »
Just got home from my trip to UK. Got to visit Bovington Tank Museum, RAF Museum and Imperial War Museum. Excellent trip.