Author Topic: ALPHA Project (bf2 Mod)  (Read 3131 times)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: ALPHA Project (bf2 Mod)
« Reply #1 on: 21-12-2011, 12:12:49 »
Yeah I was thinking if the devs could get their hands on some of those features... Such as breakable glass, dust effect when firing tank main guns, 1p hands, driving animations... This would do wonders to immersion...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-12-2011, 12:12:14 »
I like some of the features, some of them are nothing but cosmetics but still... I like them, makes it seem a teeny weeny bit more realistic. Wouldnt mind seeing some of that stuff in Fh2 but I dont think theres demand nor need for such, unfortunately.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-12-2011, 14:12:28 »
I do think there's demand and need for such, fortunately.
Fix'd ;)

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #4 on: 21-12-2011, 15:12:03 »
FH2's planes used to have arms in 1P, though what happened to them is a mystery.  I don't think they were added to any other vehicles because I think you couldn't make them team specific and planes were the only teamlocked vehicles where they'd be visible.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21-12-2011, 17:12:11 »
Yeah, that was the reason most mods don't have the arms. But Alpha Project did something else, they can have many different arms shown in 1p. They work with "flags" a lot. How exactly they do it, I'm not sure. There's some discussion about that on the PR forums too.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-12-2011, 17:12:24 »
Yeah I was thinking if the devs could get their hands on some of those features... Such as breakable glass, dust effect when firing tank main guns, 1p hands, driving animations... This would do wonders to immersion...

Dust effect when firing the main gun of a tank is ingame already. You can notice it in the official FH2.4 trailer.
All other features would be very cool, especialy the 1p hands to add even more immersion. I once played Alpha Project to test the mod, and I have to say its a new battlefield experience. You have a lot of little details, like car sirens and flying particles. Aiming down the sights is a pain, since you have no soom on iron sigths in this mod. In this case the 3D scopes are very useful. All in all great mod with a lot of new features and lovely details. Only downside is the performance on older systems like mine.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21-12-2011, 19:12:04 »
for some reason the insane zooming while aiming is "realistic" in most games/mods...

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21-12-2011, 19:12:51 »

Dust effect when firing the main gun of a tank is ingame already. You can notice it in the official FH2.4 trailer.

I watched it several times and never noticed it... I mean something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhmiNQ0ei2w

EDIT: Yeah I think I see it on the Stug... but not on panther or Sherman... Does it depend on terrain type, that would be quite logical?
« Last Edit: 21-12-2011, 19:12:39 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21-12-2011, 22:12:13 »

I watched it several times and never noticed it... I mean something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhmiNQ0ei2w

EDIT: Yeah I think I see it on the Stug... but not on panther or Sherman... Does it depend on terrain type, that would be quite logical?

I think I misunderstood you a littlebit. I thought you were refering to the smoke clouds coming out of the main gun after a shoot like on 0:54 in the trailer, what is indeed an awesome detail in FH2. I think there is dust a after the shot on the terrain but it depends on the video settings ingame. On medium settings I always have the problem - mostly on african maps with more longrange fighting, that I don't see the impact of my shot in the distance.  I think, when you set up the effect details to high you should see them.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22-12-2011, 09:12:43 »
Been out for awhile now, the first thing that struck me when I tried it was how good it sounds.

Looking forward to the next version.

- http://www.moddb.com/mods/alpha-project2/images

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22-12-2011, 13:12:47 »
Played it. Its really nice.
I like those details, 1p hand etc. FH2 could use some of them. I know that regular players don't care about them, but they would make nice first impression on newcomers.
Is there a possibility to have reload animations for static MGs? That would be really cool (again, not needed, but looks good)
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22-12-2011, 14:12:58 »
Been out for awhile now, the first thing that struck me when I tried it was how good it sounds.

Looking forward to the next version.

- http://www.moddb.com/mods/alpha-project2/images

Want for Kar98 ZF pls

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27-05-2013, 11:05:22 »
PLZ move topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-pAcJYADAc
Oh look, a new release that I've missed. Seems that its still slightly alive.

WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27-05-2013, 12:05:57 »
Yeah, I joined a few rounds when 0.2 was released. It was really fun, but less people are around most of the time. SP is still lots of fun though.