Author Topic: Battlefield V  (Read 12694 times)

Offline greenMIKO

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield V
« Reply #15 on: 24-05-2018, 17:05:34 »
Did they say anything about eastern front or will this be another western front only game?

Offline Mr.ThunderMan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24-05-2018, 18:05:13 »
Did they say anything about eastern front or will this be another western front only game?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dd61tkHVAAAtAGv.jpg:large

"Launch locations are France, Africa, Rotterdam and North Africa"

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24-05-2018, 18:05:33 »
Sigh, another Battlefield I'll pass on buying.

Doesn't actually anyone want to make an educational (but fun) game today? I feel all the games lately are pushing a certain political agenda...

I mean ok, represent fighting women in WW2, but at least try to make it believable? Make an Eastern front or a French resistance campaign.
But cyborg Wilma Wallace fighting zombie Nazis? That's just going too far...

Edit: Rewatched and given a close look to the new mechanics and now I'm even more sad. There's a great WW2 game struggling to get out from all that casual SJW crowd pandering...
« Last Edit: 24-05-2018, 18:05:05 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24-05-2018, 18:05:04 »
From the gameplay point of view, there is a lot of stuff that look really cool. But even I will buy this game, I have to admit that the politically correct stuff and the cuztomisation is bad. But I hope that, like it was said earlier, that the protest will make EA/DICE change that.

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24-05-2018, 23:05:53 »
I'm very confused about this game right now. The features and the direction of the game, that they talked about in the reveal and told community contributors, sound really good. It seems like they are putting a huge amount of detail into every aspect of the game (movement, destruction, gun play, custimization, etc.) and slowing down gameplay by reducing ammo and health, implementing animations for picking up ammo or reviving etc. and improving squad play. This all sounds great tbh and is exactly the direction Battlefield needs to go (back to).

But then there was the reveal trailer and holy crap that looked like shit. I can only hope it was a big mistake revealing the game this way and that it is not representative of the actual multiplayer experience. We'll just have to wait and see.

Initial locations are France, The Netherlands and Africa. However they promised free DLC and updates so Eastern Front is certainly to be expected imo. Along with Italy and the Pacific.
It will be a 'game as a service' approach meaning they'll likely keep adding content for free and generate income by selling customization items.
« Last Edit: 24-05-2018, 23:05:18 by Sander93 »

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25-05-2018, 02:05:36 »
Churchill 3inch Gun Carrier???

I mean, it existed, but it's rare as it did not see any combat...

This could tell me that they'll go full experimental assault rifles that were crafted by Hitler in his wildest dream..., Something like BF1

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25-05-2018, 05:05:47 »
I'll do you one better;

The Reveal Trailer is a good example of this, as it depicts the frantic fights in Northern France in an unexpected time period, early in the war. You’ll experience iconic WW2 elements such as paratroopers dropping from the sky near a mission-critical bridge. However, this time it’s part of the German offensive on the British positions along the Escaut, which later would lead to the dramatic events of Dunkirk.

from; https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/ww2-as-you-have-never-seen-it-before-battlefield-5

So keep in mind that the trailer is depicting the fighting during Fall Gelb around Arras :o

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25-05-2018, 06:05:50 »

So keep in mind that the trailer is depicting the fighting during Fall Gelb around Arras :o

Hahaha, I would not have guessed that! I don't get why EA/Dice keep picking these unusual periods for their games (WW1, early WW2), and then stripping out almost everything that would make those periods unique.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25-05-2018, 06:05:08 »
I'll do you one better;

The Reveal Trailer is a good example of this, as it depicts the frantic fights in Northern France in an unexpected time period, early in the war. You’ll experience iconic WW2 elements such as paratroopers dropping from the sky near a mission-critical bridge. However, this time it’s part of the German offensive on the British positions along the Escaut, which later would lead to the dramatic events of Dunkirk.

from; https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/ww2-as-you-have-never-seen-it-before-battlefield-5

Hey but they nailed it with the Bf 109 paint scheme...

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25-05-2018, 09:05:02 »
BF1 was something but this is trash (Wermach soldier looks like Bundeswehr solder with MG3 and winter camo from Afganistan,dont want to coment female soldier) ..Was trailer about Churchil tank in 1940 or?
Also remember that BF1942 had STG44 in desert and BF2 had F35.. Somehow BF2 was most realistic of all battlefields with most stuff from real life. But still uncomparable to this
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26-05-2018, 02:05:24 »
When you really think about it BF2 was the most realistic or at least the most faction based of them all.  ;D

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26-05-2018, 09:05:11 »
LOL, women in Battlefield, and I am instantly thinking of Soviet and Eastern Front. Finally! Then Manon Batiste of French Resistance. Imagine the gameplay! I have no objections at all about that. You can even add Black Nazi soldiers in their Hiwi Askari or the French SS grenadier division.

But the idiots decided to make it western front only. Well, fine. At this point, we can strike off games as educational material. There are too many AceCombat players being called "pilots" already.

Also remember that BF1942 had STG44 in desert and BF2 had F35.. Somehow BF2 was most realistic of all battlefields with most stuff from real life. But still uncomparable to this

In BF2, you play as US Marine Corps when the F-35B is available to your side. Then you also get the US Marine-only LAV-25, it is indeed the last "realistic" BF2 games.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26-05-2018, 17:05:19 »
Can't wait to get my hands on my M1A5E6 Thompson SOPMOD with ZF41 to invade Russia as a disabled trans member of the SS ;D

At least in BF1942 they made the very silly stuff a silly expansion with Secret Weapons. Is it called Battlefield V as well now? It would seem like back then the numbers meant a significant step forward. BF2 was a big step up from BF1942 and Vietnam (even though the latter still has some incredibly good atmosphere and gimmicks) and BF3 also put the series into a new engine with a lot of cool new features but how are 4, 1 and 5 not basically big mods for BF3?

EDIT: Lol, I was just writing out of my ass when I wrote the above but I just watched the actual trailer and it seems that I was not so far off as I thought I'd be :D And what the hell is it with stuff exploding and flying around everywhere? I get that they want to show off a few things but god damn.
Also that black guy with the Bren and the Katana is hilarious.
« Last Edit: 26-05-2018, 17:05:50 by |7th|Nighthawk »
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27-05-2018, 02:05:27 »
Nobody talks about possible modding tools anymore eh? Love how Dice got away with it..

That is, for me, the biggest insult towards the community... People modded far more difficult games.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27-05-2018, 05:05:23 »
It's like Battlefield 1 all over again where a considerable fraction of the German army was composed of black guys. Was that seriously a prosthetic? It's almost as if there's a subtle message around every corner of hopefully optimistic horse shit. Society in times past was uglier than today but if people want to portray something based in history as grander than it was so be it, it's not my concern anymore.

I can say as much as I disagree with it as I want I'm still going to buy it anyway. Throwing ammo bags backwards as you run? Sold.