Author Topic: Invasion of Crete 64  (Read 52212 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Invasion of Crete 64
« Reply #15 on: 31-03-2009, 18:03:06 »
I've told Pepe to optimize and tune this map a bit for next release. But I doubt he will flinch. It would be cool to have a bigger Chania, more vegetation around, cliffs, more farms and fields and of course, small villages scattered around which serve no other purpose than being safe-havens for the paratroopers, places to gather up at.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31-03-2009, 19:03:38 »
I think that making bofors less acurate or harder to use would do the trick. As one of my clan colleagues said: the problem with bofors is that that you see the bullet (you didn't have this in FH1). Maybe making invisible bullets for bofors could make it harder to hit enemies without actually altering its accuracy. It would allow to make a paradrop 'head on' with adrenaline gameplay :). If not, making a few 'holes' in sky defence is the answer.

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31-03-2009, 19:03:26 »
Beside that you can only Global lock or unlock Vehicles in Bf2. if you want it locked on one map you have to lock it on all others too. only chance is to make a copy of the Vehicle and rename it to _unlocked.con or something like this.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #18 on: 31-03-2009, 19:03:05 »
Beside that you can only Global lock or unlock Vehicles in Bf2. if you want it locked on one map you have to lock it on all others too. only chance is to make a copy of the Vehicle and rename it to _unlocked.con or something like this.

I might be thinking of something different, but I thought it was on a spawner by spawner basis.  Adding the line "ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 1" in the gameplayobjects.con of each map.

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 31-03-2009, 20:03:59 »
"You can't really do much with them"

You sir haven't been on the other end of a British guy raking a hill top with a Bofors and killing a entire squad.

"there is really no safe place to drop."

Technically, however if you had cohesion on a pubby server[Yea, when is this going to happen] and had three Ju's in the air and went around the side with Suda bay flying low and then climbing and parachuting into Allied HQ [The back flag I have no clue it's actual name] You could drop with only small amount of casualties.

I do agree that there needs to be some holes in the AA defense that allows for high altitude paradrops. Making parachutes fall faster and be steerable to a degree would be a good fix. As the current chutes allow you to be shot down easily. [Did the Germans really paradrop in broad day light?]

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #20 on: 31-03-2009, 20:03:55 »
Early morning, so yes, it was already light. And the fact that it was a victory with heavy losses for the Germans shows that they should have done it at an earlier time.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 31-03-2009, 21:03:51 »
Germans have more then enough Planes to do this Job. Like in the Old FH1 you have to work together like in many ther maps in FH1 . Stukas prepare the attack on the harbour destroying the AA and Ju52 paras can attack without problems. Secure your Position and you will win.  Flying like a duck over the Bofor will kill you and give the AA player lot of nice and easy Kills. man be creative fly low fly high drop in the coorect zones. Far west. the halfisland on the north beetween the Harbour and the city .

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 31-03-2009, 22:03:23 »
I find infantry paradropping to be too vulnerable to small arms fire.  It is insanely easy to pick off the individual troops floating down from above.

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 31-03-2009, 22:03:53 »
Is there a reason why you can't steer much and you drop like a feather?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 31-03-2009, 22:03:20 »
Parachutes from the 40's weren't like the ones we got today. Nowadays you can steer, back then you just floated down. The wind did the steering I guess  :P
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 31-03-2009, 22:03:09 »
Parachutes from the 40's weren't like the ones we got today. Nowadays you can steer, back then you just floated down. The wind did the steering I guess  :P

Yea.  However, the ability of a single man on the ground with a rifle being able to pick off individual troops parachuting towards the ground is too great in FH2. In FH1, it was much more difficult to shoot down a guy on a parachute without a highly accurate gun (like the flak38) or a machine-gun. 

In FH2, I can pick off a guy some meters away in the distance parachuting without the need to be directly beneath him.

Offline Uberhauptstormfuhrer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 31-03-2009, 23:03:43 »
Germans have more then enough Planes to do this Job. Like in the Old FH1 you have to work together like in many ther maps in FH1 . Stukas prepare the attack on the harbour destroying the AA and Ju52 paras can attack without problems. Secure your Position and you will win.  Flying like a duck over the Bofor will kill you and give the AA player lot of nice and easy Kills. man be creative fly low fly high drop in the coorect zones. Far west. the halfisland on the north beetween the Harbour and the city .

That's not true
Even in the best case, if the stuka's and bf 109 destroys the 2 bofors in the eastern most flag (there are 3 actually in that area) the brits can easily repair it before the ju52 arrive. And i doubt that even in clan matches they can time the arrival of planes to a degree of constant suppressing of 3 bofors. In FH1 it was still possible to make some decent drops, but then again you could open your chute 10 feet above ground.

Isn't it possible to add some random swaying of the parachute when coming down. I think bf2 parachute never whent straight down.

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01-04-2009, 03:04:52 »
Well there is never a time when you wanted to go straight down that wasn't in an alleyway.  Can't we just goof on the physics a bit and let us drop a little faster to make it not so easy to shoot down a paratrooper. *shrug* I don't have a big problem with not being to paradrop effectively in Crete, the other way works just as effective. It's just something fun not many games have.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01-04-2009, 16:04:52 »

Yea.  However, the ability of a single man on the ground with a rifle being able to pick off individual troops parachuting towards the ground is too great in FH2. In FH1, it was much more difficult to shoot down a guy on a parachute without a highly accurate gun (like the flak38) or a machine-gun. 

In FH2, I can pick off a guy some meters away in the distance parachuting without the need to be directly beneath him.

Oh I totally agree with your post, something should change with parachutes. I hate how they use bofors against paratroopers trying to land. Anyways I was replying to the guy who asked why he couldn't steer with the parachute.

Offline bolovoneichkamp

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01-04-2009, 16:04:30 »
I love Crete,
              i also love Sfakia......great maps great game.....My favorites