Author Topic: Idea regarding turret traverse ..  (Read 4380 times)

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Idea regarding turret traverse ..
« Reply #30 on: 30-01-2010, 11:01:39 »
The only really usefull thing that i found with it is so that the stationary 88's move faster, making it easier to shoot down planes, becouse you can now sometimes get 2 shots off.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30-01-2010, 13:01:29 »
If u say it doesnt affect your gameplay experience you fail at playing shooters:P When i played Americas Army a lot and my only goal was making single shot cqb headshots i used to turn up my mouse sensitivity once in a while to be faster than the rest. ofc it has a learning curve, you need to adjust your movements, but the outcome can be really good. The only problem i have with the mouse sensitivity speed adjustments in fh is that unique tanks have a unique turrets traverse, one is slower than the other. By making your mouse more sensitive this screws it up a bit. But in the end i think its just something you need to get over with, since its more or like our problem as gamers, and not the problem of the developers.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30-01-2010, 13:01:04 »
If u say it doesnt affect your gameplay experience you fail at playing shooters:P When i played Americas Army a lot and my only goal was making single shot cqb headshots i used to turn up my mouse sensitivity once in a while to be faster than the rest. ofc it has a learning curve, you need to adjust your movements, but the outcome can be really good. The only problem i have with the mouse sensitivity speed adjustments in fh is that unique tanks have a unique turrets traverse, one is slower than the other. By making your mouse more sensitive this screws it up a bit. But in the end i think its just something you need to get over with, since its more or like our problem as gamers, and not the problem of the developers.

The problem is not the changing of mouse sensitivity, its the fact that some mouses can change is with the click of a button. I increase the settings everytime i instal a game using the ingame options, where you can also change the settings. Nothing wrong with that.

Offline hslan.Corvax

• FH-Betatester
  • War photographer
    • View Profile
    • sebastiantoth.at
« Reply #33 on: 30-01-2010, 13:01:13 »
Guys could you just fucking stop posting so much BS ?!

Hello ? If you can turn a Tigers turret faster than infantry can turn around, its a fucking exploit ! Its cheating !
You gain unfair advantage over others who have to live with the freaking slow turret traversing speed that was intended. Its plain fucking lame and everyone who does that has a small penis. Point.

I dont freaking care about you nerds saying "I can do that with my mouse so its okay" Its all the same ! Cheat -> lame -> Small penis ! Its like drawing a crosshair on your screen to aim with stuff without having to look down the sights. Plain lame !

This seriously has to be changed ..

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30-01-2010, 14:01:00 »
No its something wich has been in games since when? the first fps? I say close this one since u kindly called everyone a nerd.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30-01-2010, 14:01:12 »
Oh boy, the name calling begins, i am getting out of here before i get locked in with the rest of this tread.

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30-01-2010, 20:01:58 »
Many people said "it's fair, they paid for their hardware blablabla"...
For me, the problem is that seeing a Tiger traverse it's turret 180° in 2 seconds ruins the atmosphere and feeling of the game.
I don't care how much money you put into your mice, it shouldn't let you do surreal stuff that makes the game look ridiculous.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30-01-2010, 21:01:22 »
Have you seen this? Honestly, even with the highest settings i still have to move my mouse at least 5 to 6 times from left to right to do a turn around, and it takes more then 2 seconds.

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30-01-2010, 22:01:37 »
Have you seen this? Honestly, even with the highest settings i still have to move my mouse at least 5 to 6 times from left to right to do a turn around, and it takes more then 2 seconds.

Right.

Now let's compare this to the normal behaviour with sensitivity=1 -> something like 70 mouse moves, and around 40 seconds for a turn (and as I set my mouse carpet in fire with that trial, I bet it's even more in real playing conditions ...).

Not even starting to see something is wrong ?

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30-01-2010, 22:01:39 »

Right.

Now let's compare this to the normal behaviour with sensitivity=1 -> something like 70 mouse moves, and around 40 seconds for a turn (and as I set my mouse carpet in fire with that trial, I bet it's even more in real playing conditions ...).

Not even starting to see something is wrong ?

I sure do, ever tried moving the tank? It gous a LOT faster.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30-01-2010, 23:01:50 »
Guys could you just fucking stop posting so much BS ?!

Hello ? If you can turn a Tigers turret faster than infantry can turn around, its a fucking exploit ! Its cheating !
You gain unfair advantage over others who have to live with the freaking slow turret traversing speed that was intended. Its plain fucking lame and everyone who does that has a small penis. Point.

I dont freaking care about you nerds saying "I can do that with my mouse so its okay" Its all the same ! Cheat -> lame -> Small penis ! Its like drawing a crosshair on your screen to aim with stuff without having to look down the sights. Plain lame !

This seriously has to be changed ..
Thanks for saying what I didn't dare to say  ::)

Offline hslan.Corvax

• FH-Betatester
  • War photographer
    • View Profile
    • sebastiantoth.at
« Reply #41 on: 31-01-2010, 10:01:42 »
Yes i have seen it. Numerous times. People who turn Tiger turrets so insanely fast so that they can follow and kill you with it while being infantry and running around the tank :O (w/o moving the tank itself, its pretty scary)

Just because you didn't see it yet it doesn't mean it isn't there. Turning 180° in LESS then 2 seconds is absolutely possible. If you don't know how, maybe you just didn't figure out how to exploit right yet ..

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 31-01-2010, 11:01:26 »
Btw, can't it just be coded so that turrets have maximum traverse speed, no matter how fast you use mouse or how high someones sensitivity is? Altough, if it was that simple, it would already be in, I quess  :-\

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01-02-2010, 01:02:21 »
People need to STFU.

They are fucking getting owned by Tigers all the fucking time because the turret turns fast. Screw that!

3 of 100 Tiger drivers i have ever seen in my entire Fh2 life used this "Exploit" or "Cheat", stop crying, if you dont like it, delete your Forum account and go and cry in a corner.

Getting pwnd? Grab 70$, like they did, and go and buy one of these mouses.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01-02-2010, 01:02:15 »
My only fear with this topic is that Devs take it at face value and assume everyone is abusing it, and change it, thus fucking over everyone (99% of people) who do not abuse it.

Like I said before, I hope they ignore this topic like they seem to ignore 97% of all the suggestions in this sub-forum.