Author Topic: cannons towing?  (Read 4414 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: cannons towing?
« Reply #15 on: 03-04-2009, 15:04:34 »
Indeed. My thoughts exactly. Fh2 wont work as a first person shooter by itself. But it will do wonders for it if it had such a thing as a mobile defense line. Like a FPS-SIM-RTS. Maybe add advancement in skill and accuracy, and you get RPG also

We have mobile mgs with tripods, mines that can be lain, hope they add special abillies to lay barbed wire and even AT barricades... But taking really long to set up to make it fair

But I digress. I sure loved the towed-88, and it sure sucks how impractical it is to tow guns, cuz pushing them across long distances suck, especially with the static fellow behind it. Would be nice to attach it to a truck or car and haul it across town

Oooh, another thing I wish the devs could allow, creation of sandbag posiitons... Maybe have a heap somewhere which can be transfered or have engineers do it...... Makes a very fluid battlefield indeed

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #16 on: 03-04-2009, 16:04:06 »
I do love the randomness of that construction function in PR. At this moment you got in most games pre-made defences, this means you'll mostlikely always fight for the same sand. Now in PR if you had players with some common sense you had out of nowhere a big fortress of defences. All over the map these little resistance nests. Imagine the Germans building Widerstandsnesten all around the Normandy maps. Ooh I'm getting dreaming now. Shoo Lightning!
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline The Crimson Major

• I'm an Armchair General!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03-04-2009, 17:04:42 »
As cool as that would be, I doubt it will ever happen, given the bf2 engine's failures and the limited use it would be in the scope of the game.
sig.

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04-04-2009, 17:04:57 »
Towed guns are my biggest wish too!

Maybe they can just spawn out of a truck like the supply crates in PR. That would be a start and give the game the feature of more mobile AT guns.
The truck-spawned guns could then be moved by infantry to their final position.

IMO AT-guns are way underrepresented in the game at this moment!

Offline Ccharge

• Can we just say we went?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05-04-2009, 21:04:45 »
Go ask the PR devs about this, the'll say its completly possible. Take a look a the bradley apc. For starters the tow rocket launcher unfolds from the side to launch its rockets, once its rockets are launcher u can see clearly through the tubes.

Simple apply this to certian vechiles. Possibly have a couple special vechiles on the map. a opel with a deployable vlakvierling. to make it look like its moving with the land simple apply the same physics that are applied to tank treds. they pritty much hug the terrian 24/7. after you have stopped right click to deploy your single flakvierling. it could be re-supplied at main base.
<insert fancy signature here>

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07-04-2009, 02:04:04 »
Towed guns are my biggest wish too!

Maybe they can just spawn out of a truck like the supply crates in PR. That would be a start and give the game the feature of more mobile AT guns.
The truck-spawned guns could then be moved by infantry to their final position.

IMO AT-guns are way underrepresented in the game at this moment!

Amen,
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07-04-2009, 04:04:39 »
Mmmm... Towed Nebelwerfer.

After some experience with Garrysmod, it occurs to me that a coder might be able to do something like the "no-collide" tool in Gmod, where the two selected objects don't bounce off of or take damage from each other.
If you had a gun 'no-collide' with the towing vehicle, you could have the 'joint' where the gun is attached be limited to a certain number of degrees, so the gun never intersects the vehicle. No-collide would also have the vehicle and gun colide with other objects, so it only applies to a possible collision between gun and car. This should alleviate the sudden mysterious explosion syndrome 'Die Happy' referred to.

Towed ammo trailer anyone? Repair trailer? Health trailer? Towing a lighter vehicle potentially?
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Niebler

• View Profile
    • 130th Panzer Lehr Division
« Reply #22 on: 07-04-2009, 04:04:58 »
Before the mounted 88, FH used to have a towed 88, that would unfold when the arrows would hold, which would engage the flak88 to be used, was very nice, lagged some people though and the thing was overall pretty buggy, but cool none the less :P (shoot the truck, and the 88 and the truck both die)
Sig editted (oversize)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07-04-2009, 07:04:27 »
Garry's mod is on another engine Doc. :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07-04-2009, 11:04:25 »
The towed 88 WAS my fav all-time weapon/ vehicle in Fh1.... Missed seeing the animation in 0.7... Hated the mounted 88 with a passion.

If there is a way, please consider it. It IS important and could apply to alot of game-play. Mobile guns and artillery, sandbag positions that can be built here and there (Nothing as complicated as a building, but just sandbag defenses), then with the tripod mgs and mortar, FH2 will really get interesting for adding replayability to all maps, simply by allowing players to explore new defensive lines

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07-04-2009, 23:04:17 »
Garry's mod is on another engine Doc. :)

I know, just trying to explain my idea through analogy. (if you could program something like that in BF2 engine, it might just work. Might)
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10-04-2009, 07:04:40 »
...shoot the truck, and the 88 and the truck both die)

i don't care as FH is not for full realism.

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10-04-2009, 09:04:27 »
Would this be possible if the gun would be like bomb in a plane. When you press fire the gun is detached, and you don't see the gun anymore in the truck. Truck could only put one gun at time if you wanted a new gun you would need another truck, because you cant reload the truck.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10-04-2009, 21:04:05 »
Nice to see that the towable 8.8 is not forgotten. One of the greates masterpieces ever. Diappeared in roaring night.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #29 on: 10-04-2009, 22:04:05 »
Would this be possible if the gun would be like bomb in a plane. When you press fire the gun is detached, and you don't see the gun anymore in the truck. Truck could only put one gun at time if you wanted a new gun you would need another truck, because you cant reload the truck.
I've been thinking along these lines, and I would have suggested it myself at one point.  I think that the gun dropped by the truck would have to be mobile.  If it was a 2pdr (and thus immobile), it would have to be a special version that couldn't be repared after destruction.  And to stop spam, the trucks would have to be unreloadable and respawn very slowly.