Author Topic: Building Defences  (Read 4215 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: Building Defences
« Reply #15 on: 04-04-2009, 20:04:11 »
Yea.. sometimes it wont happen.. but its annoying when it happens :P.

I dunno.. we must ask Lobo.. someone suggested this back in FF and Lobo said "No something here" i dunno. Lobo didnt posted yet afaik.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05-04-2009, 21:04:37 »
It sounds a lot like placing defences as in CoH, where it works very well. But then again, that's a whole different game. Would love to see it in FH2 though, if possible.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #17 on: 06-04-2009, 02:04:55 »
I guess that depends on what devs decide FH is best at, but at the moment it's interesting to discuss.

What about Sandbox Mod ?

If you go to my gallery then you can see what I built and how they use the Comma Rose, Squad commands and tab menu to select and place various objects. No waiting for "placing object" messages to finish.

I was using Sandbox and I remembered a classic arcade game I have. Rampart. It has build and attack / defend stages. There's a countdown for repairing destroyed defences.

There's a game in there somewhere involving sweaty and very hassled WW2 engineers  :-*

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #18 on: 06-04-2009, 15:04:05 »
Just one defence building, Just one!:

A one-man foxhole for the common grunt!

:D

I can see myself building a shelter near Foy in the (far) future
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06-04-2009, 16:04:08 »
I guess that depends on what devs decide FH is best at, but at the moment it's interesting to discuss.

What about Sandbox Mod ?

If you go to my gallery then you can see what I built and how they use the Comma Rose, Squad commands and tab menu to select and place various objects. No waiting for "placing object" messages to finish.

I was using Sandbox and I remembered a classic arcade game I have. Rampart. It has build and attack / defend stages. There's a countdown for repairing destroyed defences.

There's a game in there somewhere involving sweaty and very hassled WW2 engineers  :-*
Lol, awesome. Though it seems to be more fitting for an arcade game since it could easily bset the balance in "realism" maps as featured in FH. Still, awesome!

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #20 on: 06-04-2009, 16:04:43 »
Sandbox is pretty fun. Just look it up on YT, some people build so much crazy stuff  :P Though I don't see it fitting in FH.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Niebler

• View Profile
    • 130th Panzer Lehr Division
« Reply #21 on: 07-04-2009, 03:04:27 »
Maybe if they were in predesignated areas, tank traps in the street, the parts laying on the ground 'destroyed', or sandbags at the edge of a building, just laying on the ground, that way an engineer can build them up, and they could come into play, but only if they repair them. Though it just adds more things to lag the server down :P
Sig editted (oversize)

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #22 on: 11-04-2009, 13:04:33 »

What about Sandbox Mod ?

Lol, awesome. Though it seems to be more fitting for an arcade game since it could easily bset the balance in "realism" maps as featured in FH. Still, awesome!

Glad you got it Donutz  ;D. Yes it could get in the way of realism if large defences are built where there were none ... and on carefully balanced maps as well. But I can think of a few places where engineering was crucial. Like Tobruk defences, or engineers blowing german defences on D-Day beaches. Blowing hedge rows in Normandy  / France field to field fighting. There's prob other realistic examples of building as well. I'll have to do some research.

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12-04-2009, 02:04:37 »
Someone played PR and liked it.

Lbo said this feature its Super Buggy.. and it wont make it in FH2.

yea it bugs down a great computer..... ::) :o :o
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #24 on: 12-04-2009, 03:04:36 »
I wish I'd never mentioned PR. Forget PR !
« Last Edit: 12-04-2009, 03:04:28 by DJ Barney »

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12-04-2009, 05:04:53 »
yeS
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...