Author Topic: [Fix] Broken Wounded Shaders on Nvidia with AA enabled  (Read 12847 times)

Offline Mr_Cheese

• Developer
  • FH2 dev
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio Website
Re: [Fix] Broken Wounded Shaders on Nvidia with AA enabled
« Reply #30 on: 11-10-2009, 22:10:51 »
Ok, here's some weirdness: I disabled nVidia control panel AA, disabled ingame AA and uninstalled nHancer (wasn't using it anyway) - now ingame shaders work fine and I still have AA! The problem now is actually being able to join a server... (http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=2140.0)

Offline hslan.Lord Helmchen

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12-10-2009, 18:10:56 »
afaik writes several informations deep into registry. Maybe you should delete these .xml datas, too and make a deep registry clean.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05-02-2010, 15:02:24 »
Hey everyone! First of all thanks for the extremely useful hints and tips in this thread!
Yesterday I finally managed to get the wounded shader working with the 196.2 Nvidia driver.
These are the steps:
1) Installed Nhancer 2.5.3
2) After installing I set the Bf2 profile as instructed on the first page of the thread.
3) Do not close Nhancer yet....Click on Tools > Activate profiles
4) close enhancer
5) delete the cache (my documents/Battlefield2)
6) Disable AA in game

and walaaa! Shader works again.

Also as someone else stated b4 if in nhancer you activate the Antisotropic filtering even at 2x, FH2 graphics are so much better!!!  :o

For your info my system is Amdx2 4200+, WinXp sp3, Nvidia 9600gt, 4GB DDR2 Ram
« Last Edit: 09-06-2011, 12:06:52 by Raziel »

Offline EverettWV

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23-11-2010, 03:11:11 »
I am having problems getting nhancer to run. When ever I start it, all i see is the logo and then it exits. I can see the process running in task manager while the logo is up but disappears when the logo disappears. I have tried running / installing it as "run as administrator" and windows xp compatibility mode. Also tried restarting after each step. Any idea what could be wrong?

My card is a gtx 460, driver version 260.99, operating system windows 7 pro 64bit.

Going from a laptop that could barley play fh2 with everything on low to a computer that handles every thing on high is amazing. I don't know how I ever play on low settings for so long. I just hope I can get the wounded shaders working.

BTW, reading through this thread since you disable aa in game, how do you tell that you have aa in game or that its working?

Offline Maretti

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06-08-2011, 06:08:53 »
Well, nHancer is pretty much dead about a time right now and the Wounded Shaders bug persists in FH2 2.4.
It's a shame that the software doesn't work anymore. I've tried nVidia Inspector, but without success.

I've got a question for the devs: the Anti-Aliasing bug hits ONLY the wounded shader? Nothing in the mod is lost? Like structures, vehicles, weapons. Textures, Geometries.. anything?
If it is only the wounded stuff (although the effect is pretty nice), guess I shall stick with the 8xAA.

Note: A tutorial about the fix with the Nvidia Inspector would be much appreciated. Noobs like me suffer with those creepy softwares.  ;D