Author Topic: The Magnificent Mod Squad  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Medavelvan

• iMagiNation is Magic
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Mod Squad
« on: 17-02-2010, 19:02:18 »
I reinstalled BF2 about a month ago on a whim after 2 years of not playing it - I'm sure glad I did because I discovered FH2, BFP2, and a few other mods I never got around to playing or were not yet completed back in the day.

I've enjoyed this mod immensely! I haven't had such a good time playing a mod in a long time. Made me remember why I love "indy games" so much!

Keep up the good work DEVS (and ever-involved FH2 community) - you've created a mod marvel!
Explore all the worlds beyond the Sea of Dreams.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Mod Squad
« Reply #1 on: 17-02-2010, 19:02:47 »
Welcome to the forums and first and foremost welcome to Forgotten Hope 2. Hope you enjoy your stay and play!

Offline Miklas

• Ingame: Calle_XVI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-02-2010, 20:02:04 »
Welcome!

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-02-2010, 21:02:22 »
Hai :)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-02-2010, 21:02:21 »
ello

Offline Ltn.Charles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-02-2010, 22:02:36 »
Couldn't agree less!  ;D
Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning - Winston Chuchill after the British victory at El Alamein in 1942

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-02-2010, 22:02:58 »
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18-02-2010, 01:02:03 »
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18-02-2010, 02:02:46 »
Allo allo. :)

Offline Medavelvan

• iMagiNation is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18-02-2010, 03:02:33 »
When I reinstalled BF2 after so long I didn't expect there to be much mod activity still around; but the mod community seems to be healthy and thriving at the height of quality output. I'm glad I got back in. I have a feeling I arrived in time to catch some of the best BF2 content available.

I'm looking forward to many more hours of gaming goodness! Hopefully I can get better online access in the near future - right now I don't have good internet for online play, but maybe I can pull together a few LAN parties for this mod and others like it.

Huzzah!

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18-02-2010, 03:02:30 »
When I reinstalled BF2 after so long I didn't expect there to be much mod activity still around; but the mod community seems to be healthy and thriving at the height of quality output. I'm glad I got back in. I have a feeling I arrived in time to catch some of the best BF2 content available.

I'm looking forward to many more hours of gaming goodness! Hopefully I can get better online access in the near future - right now I don't have good internet for online play, but maybe I can pull together a few LAN parties for this mod and others like it.

Huzzah!
Yeah this community is very active indeed!
I like that it's not THAT huge like say, most parts of filefront. Here you can actually be afk for 12+ hours without losing complete track of threads.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Medavelvan

• iMagiNation is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18-02-2010, 03:02:35 »
I like that, too. That's why I said the mod community seems to be at the height of quantity output - there may be fewer active players in number, but those that are around are the most experienced/dedicated mod developers and fans - a great environment for creating high quality content.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18-02-2010, 12:02:58 »
G'day bloke.... :)

Dodgy connection ay? Then you need to get AIX (if you don't already have it) and imtheheadhunter's map pack for it (30 extra maps).

http://www.aixtended.com/

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #13 on: 18-02-2010, 15:02:35 »
Hello :)

Offline Medavelvan

• iMagiNation is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18-02-2010, 16:02:39 »
Dodgy connection ay? Then you need to get AIX (if you don't already have it) and imtheheadhunter's map pack for it (30 extra maps).

I do have AIX, but I'm glad to hear there's a map pack, thanks for the heads-up, cannon! I'll download it at a friend's house next week as well as the FH2 update. Looking forward to a good LAN if I can get my friends to re-install BF2 and the mods. I'm going to make sure everyone has the correct files and uptades myself that way we don't waste time setting up with version conflicts etc.

Once they get into playing the mods they will understand why it was worth the effort.