Author Topic: Require squad leader kit from squad leader in order to spawn at squad leader  (Read 4645 times)

Offline Potilas

• View Profile
We have got some headwind here. I need to pull out an ace off sleeve.

Is it fair that anybody can became a spawn point when he creates new squad? At this point everybody is like, what hell hes taking about. 100% yes! How about is it cool if random lonewolf gets behind enemy lines after several attempt and then turn into SL resulting opponent loosing flags behind lines? Not so sure anymore, arent you :o Making SL kit only kit what allowes spawn would resolve mainly ninja spawn exploit. What I have seen nearly every time when we play those bigger maps, some lonely guy became SL and hes like "I have great spawn here join my squad quick" So lame :( This shit happens a lot and I dont like it. 

Offline Raijin

• View Profile
We have got some headwind here. I need to pull out an ace off sleeve.

Is it fair that anybody can became a spawn point when he creates new squad? At this point everybody is like, what hell hes taking about. 100% yes! How about is it cool if random lonewolf gets behind enemy lines after several attempt and then turn into SL resulting opponent loosing flags behind lines? Not so sure anymore, arent you :o Making SL kit only kit what allowes spawn would resolve mainly ninja spawn exploit. What I have seen nearly every time when we play those bigger maps, some lonely guy became SL and hes like "I have great spawn here join my squad quick" So lame :( This shit happens a lot and I dont like it. 

I don't think that forcing someone to use a SL-kit to be a spawn point would solve "that" problem. I could just make a squad beforehand and then go on a sneaky-behind-enemy-lines quest. Thats a problem we have because of the SL-Spawnpoint system at all.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
How about is it cool if random lonewolf gets behind enemy lines after several attempt and then turn into SL resulting opponent loosing flags behind lines? Not so sure anymore, arent you :o Making SL kit only kit what allowes spawn would resolve mainly ninja spawn exploit. What I have seen nearly every time when we play those bigger maps, some lonely guy became SL and hes like "I have great spawn here join my squad quick" So lame :( This shit happens a lot and I dont like it. 

You got a point here.

Still it would be a satback for squadleaders. Squadleaders need to stay alive, thus they should be able to take whatever class they like. 90% of the time I choose the SL kit, but sometimes you need camouflage to hide among the mass of your men. Especially when you oppose tough, officer hunting enemies. You won't survive with that 'HEY, I'M AN OFFICER'-exclamation mark above your head.

Evenmore there is a lack of skilled squadleaders. 50% of all squadleaders should be booted as they do not do their job. They fly, operate mortars or run into the enemy ahead of their men dying first.

So there is a general need for squadleaders doing a good job. If a skilled squadleader sneaks behind the line to create a new squad, he won't do it that quickly again, once he has acquired a squad.

First squad leading is not YOUR job, second we just said it makes squad leaders spot and smoke, so this is not "useless"...

And then this...
Do you know what a hell of a time you got, being responsible for 5 others to spawn safely, to cap flags and to score properly for them to be top of the leaderboard?
For doing this, freedom of kit choice is just a shabby trade-off, honestly.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
But you could still change your kit, you just won't have the spawn if it isn't a SL kit.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Also the current system would have to be changed.

Right now you can't use the SL kit unless you got 2 members (excluding SL) in your squad. So if there's only the SL and 1 member, than that one member would not be able to spawn on the SL until the a second (third) member joins.

At first I liked this idea, but when thinking about it... no. Too limiting.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline darktimes

• View Profile
didn't read the thread.

No thank you, we aren't PR, and don't force out players to take a kit they don't want too.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
Why does everyone bring in PR into a discussion on FH2? This has nothing to do with PR. It isn't even forcing anyone take a kit they don't want... It's more about the abilities that one gets with said kit. Perhaps you should have read the thread.

Offline darktimes

• View Profile
perhaps I bring PR in this discussion because the suggestion is 100% like the thing in PR.

and no, its not the "ability of the Kit". you suggest not to add a spawning for this kit, you suggest to take it away from all others.

you can get another kit in PR as squad leader, but others can't spawn on you, and you can't do allot of "necessary" things without it. like placing stuff or picking your nose.

it isn't really a issue really. the lone wolf "problem" won't be solved. no, we'll just see 9 squads with 5 with 3 guy in them, and 5 lonewolves squadleaders crawling around the map and telling their squad to spawn when they're in position.

it won't add anything to balance or gameplay. it will just be a senseless restriction to interesting squad armament and balance. sometimes you rather take a Grenade or the AT kit.
especially in normandy maps, where anti tank kits are vital, and squad spawning for infantry too, you can't force the squadleader to take the kit that is uselss in this map, just to let others spawn on him.

I'm strictly against this.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
Maybe I should have phrased it better. Regardless of how akin to PR the suggestion is, that shouldn't make a legitimate argument against a suggestion, that is the point I was trying to make. I probably should have put it as "abilities certain kits should or should not have". If anything, it could force squad leaders to depend on their squad more, making him actually have to do his job more. But this of course is all speculation because people are quite fickle. It could limit the effectiveness of squads sure, but at the same time, because of this sneaking behind lines is not as easy as it use to be because you will not have the kit you prefer. Also, there is the possibility of making it so there are several different NCO kits, using the "switch unlock" from vBF2.

My point in every post that I have made was simply that this is something would be interesting to test. I cannot predict how it would go because of the human factor, but the suggestion has merit.

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
didn't read the thread.

Funny, didn't read your post either.

Offline darktimes

• View Profile
how does that contribute to the thread Beaufort? nope, I won't fall for that trolling attempt. I was just being honest.

@Desertfox/thread

while I'm personally against the Idea, your post cleared some things up for me... so yeah... now I can't really say anything. I made my statement, you made yours... *shrugs*

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
I'm against. Making a game harder can't be a goal - making it more challenging is another thing many games failed to achieve. Challenge should be equal for all levels of players, experienced and newbies alike. Rising along with your skills to keep you entertained by allowing to overcome different obtacles obscuring your goal. That said, limiting spawn on SL to only SL kit is a restriction a player has no influence on and not an obstacle, therefore this suggestion has basic game design flaws.

I have spoken!

Offline shredhead762

• View Profile
that the SL is the spawn point ONLY if he has the SL kit. How can you not get it.

Jut like you can't get in a tank without a tanker kit.

You can't spawn on him if he doesn't have the SL kit

you can get in a tank without the tanker kit  :-\

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Im Kinda tired of not beign able to use a Lafette when im a SL and let my Squadmates spawn on me.

You know, people cant spawn on you if you're using a Static MG or a Lafette, happend to me that my squadmate with the Lafette (It was mudra, back in Fall of tobruk D:) dies and i cant use the Deployable MG, because my squadmate/s wont be able to spawn on me and so, the Lafette/.30 Cal will dissapear and wasted. If my squadmate with the Deployable simply dies, i want to continue his Work, perhaps deploying a rallypoint before using the Deployable, so you can have a Dummy SL and a Real SL. Simply as that.

Simple? u.u

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
The whole idea sounds bad imo. It would not solve much compared to the bad sides with this idea.