Author Topic: [Removed]  (Read 766 times)

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
[Removed]
« on: 07-01-2018, 16:01:22 »
[Removed]
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 05:06:52 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
Yeah this is what happens when you change OG viewdistance for some silly reason.

You should however be able to change it in the con file, as long as you don't go in the editor to resave afterwards. So basically, once the map is finished, go into the confile and change it to whatever value you want and then run the game.

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile

Also for some reason I haven't been able to get the Navmesh program to work on my PC yet. I've spent hours trying to figure it out, but when I try to create a navmesh for a particular map it just won't do it. After I input mod:fh2 then map: (map name) it runs for a few lines, automatically opens BF2Editor, then crashes. The only error msg I've ever seen has been to do with GTS directories, which I have created, however they're just empty folders as I have nothing to put in them. I'm not sure if I need to create something in BF2Editor first like AI strategic areas or what, but I haven't quite mastered SinglePlayerEditor yet. Anyway, this means I cannot create a whole new navmesh to accommodate the overgrowth draw distance issue.

Hi Volkssturm,

You need to do some preliminary steps, before start navmeshing process.
Lets start with a checklist of things you must have in order to get to the next step.
1.) A copy of Python installed
2.) At least 2 Capture Points (flags)
3.) Strategic Areas placed on the Capture points that are neighbored.
4.) A Closed Combat Area (Placed anti-clockwise with the 'Used by pathfinding' Checked.
5.) An 'ai' folder in your level directory containing an 'ai.ai' file. (can be copied from an existing
single player fh2 map)

Also, in the link below you will find Kysterama's tutorial, which I believe is very useful.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pzojPRQPXNyQN8CTrJnbOg03K5xgQ0WF/view?usp=sharing

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
[Removed]
« Reply #3 on: 07-01-2018, 20:01:27 »
[Removed]
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 05:06:04 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
Another point, don't place overgrowth in any area that random generation would cause such problems.  Place static vegetation there instead.  You can make it look better that way and it is more stable.  Certainly do this around trenches, flag zones, etc.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
There will be a method to increase og render distance without regeneration in the next patch.

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
[Removed]
« Reply #6 on: 12-01-2018, 20:01:12 »
[Removed]
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 05:06:15 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
Another point, don't place overgrowth in any area that random generation would cause such problems.  Place static vegetation there instead.  You can make it look better that way and it is more stable.  Certainly do this around trenches, flag zones, etc.

I agree with your statement, but several maps such as Sammatus have a ton of overgrowth surrounding trenches, flag zones, etc. anyway. Which is not any big deal now that I've learned I can adjust the draw distance manually in the .con & it won't regenerate the overgrowth ingame thus interfering with the navmesh. I just don't do any overgrowth work within the editor once I've changed the draw distance.

Sent you a PM.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
There will be a method to increase og render distance without regeneration in the next patch.

Awesome! When will the next patch be released?