Author Topic: Inclusion of now tested and working bot blocking smoke in SP/Coop  (Read 4786 times)

Offline MaxP

• View Profile
Anyways, what Slayer meant is probably, that you had to use a crack of some kind to get the illegally downloaded copy of the game working I guess...?
What is the "illegally downloaded"? ))
I think you're definitely don't unsertand what we're talking about.
It was the SP/MP ratio, nothing more.
Don't you know that most of the BF2 players use illegal copies of the game?
What is the relationship of using cracked content, and SP/MP?

But you're talking about your fictitious mentality... Are you some kind of a nationalist?
It is fine for you? Ok, if you can't hear another people arguments, let's stop here.
« Last Edit: 12-05-2018, 11:05:45 by MaxP »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Anyways, what Slayer meant is probably, that you had to use a crack of some kind to get the illegally downloaded copy of the game working I guess...?
What is the "illegally downloaded"? ))
What is unofficial copy you mentioned then? Because I understood it as a one you download from a shady russian torrent tracker. Doing that is illegal, because technically, piracy is stealing. Have you ever heard aboout copyrights and stuff? I don't care about the SP/MP ratio, I responded to your message which I quoted there for a reason, so let me to it again:
Emm... What is the problem? I've downloaded it, I've played the campaign. What I did wrong? :)
Donwloading so called "non-official" copies is wrong if you haven't payed for them.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
And they can't play SP anymore either without some sort of hack.
Emm... What is the problem? I've downloaded it, I've played the campaign. What I did wrong? :)
If you have the game only, a CD or anything and you didn't activate the game on Steam properly, then you can't play it anymore, not even in SP. Because even to open a game in SP, you have to connect to their gameservers. So if you played the campaign without Steam, then you had a cracked version, because that is the only other option there is. And I think that if we are counting SP vs MP players, that we should stick to non-cracked, thus officially bought/activated games.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
I don't think we should include people playing on the pirated version of the game to the overall statistic either. Devs are not promoting piracy, so those people were never really the target here, hence why MP is priority. And let's be honest, most of those singleplayer guys who play on "non-official" copies, do so, because they are being forced to. You usually cannot play cracked game online properly if you can play it at all. It may be different nowadays after the gamespy shutdown, but I'm pretty sure most of us MP players still have our original copies of the game with legit CK-keys.

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
Non-official copies of the game doesn't establish connections to the official gameservers.
And they can't play SP anymore either without some sort of hack. I wouldn't count those players as "part of the singleplayer community".

That is wrong. You can install bf2 and play sp or coop without any internet connection. All you need is a CD key valid for the installer, then you use an offline account ingame to play sp or coop. It does not check if your game or account is valid. You can even run a server (not public) and play in LAN with your friends. 
Only when you try to join a public internet server from the ingame list, you need a online account and gamespy will check if your cd key is valid (bought) and not in use already. But since fh2 uses its own gamespy backend, any cd key in the correct format is considered valid.

Since EA chose to shutdown their backend, we can no more differentiate between bought or generated keys. As far as I am concerned, players count. We are not the EA police.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Non-official copies of the game doesn't establish connections to the official gameservers.
And they can't play SP anymore either without some sort of hack. I wouldn't count those players as "part of the singleplayer community".

That is wrong. You can install bf2 and play sp or coop without any internet connection. All you need is a CD key valid for the installer, then you use an offline account ingame to play sp or coop.
Mad, in the example we were talking about CoH2, not BF2 ;)

Offline MaxP

• View Profile
Mad, in the example we were talking about CoH2, not BF2
You're strange. Very strange.

I've asked you to discuss only the sp/mp players ratio.
You write this:
I don't think we should include people playing on the pirated version of the game to the overall statistic either.
It indicates that you understand, that we're talking not only about CoH2, but about all games.
You don't know the statistics, you don't know the technical aspects that makes players to use some kind of "cracks", like modified exe (like ASP redirecting for BF2) or keys, as the Mayhemic.MAD said.
And if you don't accept my argunments about statistics, why're asking, where I've got this numbers? ))
So please, stop this offtop.
« Last Edit: 13-05-2018, 20:05:06 by MaxP »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Why would anybody accept your arguments about statistic if they are not based on any real info other than your experience? You even said yourself that there is no way to verify how many people play singleplayer (offline), right? Show us the statistic, I want to believe. Number of downloads says absolutely nothing about active singleplayer / coop players. I, for example, downloaded many BF2 mods in last 10 years, but I never really played any of them except for FH2. I checked them, didn't enjoy them, moved on. On my personal experience, I would say there's a lot of people who did exactly the same thing. What is your counterargument for that?

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
So are you gonna implement the new smoke grenades or not?

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
No one needs to prove anything here, I think readers here know when there are opinions or verified facts. Its fine any way.

I can tell from my own experience that some of the friends I introduced to FH2 also mostly stuck to playing singleplayer because they felt too bad to compete in MP or wanted to play just a quick game during times when no one else was playing MP. So yes, whatever there is to improve singleplayer, we will consider it.

If anyone is interested in working to improve the FH2 singleplayer experience, join our public discord, since the dev team currently has no one working on that.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Mad, in the example we were talking about CoH2, not BF2
You're strange. Very strange.
Huh? OK. I mentioned Steam in the example in which I was comparing FH2 SP to CoH2 SP, of which I do know some research results (I don't know of any FH2 research results: I don't think there are any). Because I mentioned Steam, I thought it was clear that I was referring to CoH2 and not FH2 or any other game.

CoH2 was just an example to show how the SP/MP ratio is in some games. It might be the same in FH2, but because FH2 does not have a singleplayer campaign (with which I mean successive levels with scripted events and a continuing storyline), I added those numers to the coop part, which makes 2/3rd of the community play SP and 1/3 MP. But that is only if the ratio is comparable, of which I am not sure because again, I don't have any numbers on FH2.

And because you seemed so sure about the numbers, I was asking you where they were coming from. I still didn't get a clear answer to that. I don't mind if you don't know either or if you are not certain about the numbers, but all I have read until now is
- you know a lot of gaming communities
- SP players don't go online so they are not in forums, etc.
- and yet you know there are thousands of them

That just baffles me.

I've asked you to discuss only the sp/mp players ratio.
You write this:
I don't think we should include people playing on the pirated version of the game to the overall statistic either.
It indicates that you understand, that we're talking not only about CoH2, but about all games.

After that you quote again, but not me but jan_kurator instead. So please don't paste two things together to make your own, it is just more confusing than it already is given the language barrier and the miscommunication in this thread.

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
[Removed]
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 04:06:28 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
I play coop as I find MP to get a little boring & tedious after 15min or so just mostly staring at the respawn screen. I can't compete with the few players who are able to achieve 60+ kills and 2 deaths. Also I have a ton of my own mods such as the MG15 which can be carried rather than just fixed, I have AI coded all of the CMP vehicles + weapons, added several custom weapons such as the M1895 Nagant, C96 Mauser, MAS-36, created dozens of custom kits, map modifications, etc. I like to play outnumbered with bots usually around 2:1 against me depending if I'm on the defending team or attacking. I'm very much hoping to see if bot support is ever made for the new EF maps. If not then once I get navmesh.exe working I'll do it myself no problem. 

Also I downloaded my copy of BF2 from that website that had it up for free for awhile, can't remember the name of it before EA shut them down. As a matter of fact was listed here on the FH2 forums & recommended by several members of this community. Is it even still possible to purchase BF2? I bought it back when it came out what...13 years ago? Lost the CD in one of my many housing moves, and as a matter of fact my current laptop doesn't even have a CD drive. Sucks it means the FH2 is going to be unable to grow since BF2 is no longer available and using pirated 13 year old software that's no longer supported is frowned upon.

You AI coded all the CMP vehicles ?!  :o I intend to learn how to navmesh maps such as this as well as the new FH releases, unless others get their before me. If they don't then inevitably I will probably get time to do it but that could 6 to 12 months down the line.

Could you help with coding the other smoke grenades (I already have the American M whatever it is grenade that was provided by Maxp) ? If the FH devs don't have time to test and include this (no doubt they are resting after the last huge release!) then a non-official addon and installer could be made.

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
[Removed]
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 04:06:36 by VolkssturmGewehr »