Author Topic: Suggestions for History sake  (Read 500 times)

Offline Sgt.Collins

• View Profile
Suggestions for History sake
« on: 02-02-2016, 01:02:36 »
Good evening everyone!

Don't want to troll or to annoy anyone but I do have some suggestions or thoughts if you want about the overall ambiance in the game.

1st: Is it possible as Hanley did in the past to have detailed textures of actual units on the right map.

For example, Pointe du Hoc would be US 2nd R Bn.  Omaha beach would be US 2nd R Bn and US 29th I'D with yingyang type on the helmet.
Also you will noticed that I mention only Allied forces because the use of designation markings were obvious at that time with helmet and shoulder patches.  Don't really search about Axis patches though.

2nd: Same thing but with vehicles as [FH2 beta tester] Matt Baker did.

3rd: Updating 3d models of infantry

To explain my thought,  I invite you to look at the stance of a soldier in BF2 in general. Looks like he rolls his back and acts like Quasimodo...
So this is more a question about that, is that possible to cancel that strange stance or at least to reduce it?

In any case, do you think that you can update 3d models in order to add more geometry. More "relief" as I would say in French...

Thanks a lot for reading this and to accept suggestions! Best mod ever! Long live FH2!

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for History sake
« Reply #1 on: 02-02-2016, 02:02:22 »
1 and 2 would be possible, but won't be done. The way models are set up right now, we would have to copy the texture, add the necessary patches and load it by the map. So instead of one texture for each soldier model, we would have to make one per map. As you can imagine, this would drastically increase the size of FH2 (which isn't all that small to begin with). Now in some cases we will add new texture variants for maps (like Seelow Heights with the ambush camo). But those are always whole new paint jobs, not just simple shoulder patches, so it is more economical.

About 3: that is an issue of third person animations, not the model. There will be improvements there for 2.5, but not the soldier stance (yet). However, the animations for pushing at guns, manning static mgs and passengers for various vehicles will be improved for 2.5.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-02-2016, 03:02:33 »
Yep, 1 & 2 are not very practical. You can always hang on to my texture pack tho ;) it'll be updated. I don't mind the larger sizes.

Honestly I feel like the improvements to 3rd person animations might go a bit unnoticed in the next patch but they're HUGE. Almost every vehicle and stationary weapon has gotten an overhaul and everything's gonna look much more realistic now :D

Offline Sgt.Collins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-02-2016, 13:02:49 »
Thanks for answering that quick TS4Ever and Matt!

I got it for the third person animations. And good news about the passenger thing, no more soldier crouching on the back of the tank, is that so?

And a question for you Matt, do you plan to model infantry units too?

I already love your vehicles stuff and I wrote it in your thread.