Author Topic: FH Game Night 18  (Read 10165 times)

Offline M00SE

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: FH Game Night 18
« Reply #75 on: 31-08-2011, 22:08:06 »
Not saying the advertising is a problem, Flippy. Just said, its the curse of that blessing. Its GREAT to play with the regulars on the forum. Its just impossible to be a squad leader to em.

I love playing FH2 pure and simple and don't care about anyones skill as an SL. If they are actively making a go of it, giving commands and using voip etc, I'm more than happy to follow along and play as a team.

So if you ever make a sqaud and I'm sqaud less be sure to invite me  ;)

oh, and whoever it was that  thought they were FH2 Gods (was gonna use the 5 letter N word but don't want to get in any trouble)  and made you feel like you were doing a bad job obviously have some issues of their own.

I want all their names now. I'll round 'em up, line 'em up and go Bam Bam Bam  ;D

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #76 on: 05-09-2011, 13:09:42 »
Anyone remeber anything note worthy that they experienced during FH-GN-18?

Played through the Bastonge battlerecorder footage yesterday, like 3 times, fuck what a boring battle  >:(
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 05-09-2011, 13:09:59 »
Yeah, Bastogne was pretty uneventful. What I remember is Vossenack, our fireteam defending the house on Unterdorf flag (the eastern village, isn't Oberdorf the western one?) was one intensive firefight lasting most of the round, with one or two SL's staying outside the yard wall and pumping troops into the house and our SL staying put in the upstairs. I think we were on the US side?

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #78 on: 05-09-2011, 14:09:56 »
I'll check it out,  :D I didn't really replay much of Vossenack yesterday, I wanted a snow map to start something errie and creepy I'm working with, but to hell with it, lets go back to basics,...

I want firefights and Micheal Bay explosions, explosions Micheal Bay, Micheal Bay... Explosions, Baysplosions! Micheal Bay, Ma Blah blah bloomsions!

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 05-09-2011, 15:09:46 »
If you want explosions, check out Irish's kill spree with arty on Siege of Tobruk. That round had some pretty epic Bay-esque firestorms what with arty, commander arty and Stukas all hitting the same part of defensive line at the same time. Not that it helped the German team at all, because the infantry was not there, "leaning into the barrage" as they should have been.

For a total bloodbath, check our epic fail of trying to cap the Bunker flag on Hürtgen. Lookout fell suspiciously easily, after that most of the game was spent advancing to the bunker, getting killed, rinse and repeat. (Until people spawned in the north and took Lumbermill instead of bashing our collective heads to the same proverbial wall over and over again.)

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 05-09-2011, 15:09:08 »
For a total bloodbath, check our epic fail of trying to cap the Bunker flag on Hürtgen. Lookout fell suspiciously easily, after that most of the game was spent advancing to the bunker, getting killed, rinse and repeat. (Until people spawned in the north and took Lumbermill instead of bashing our collective heads to the same proverbial wall over and over again.)
Attacked the northern route (Wehe ford and Lumbermill) from the start, pretty much kept it the entire round with my squad but yeah the bunker wouldn't fall. Someone even managed to get a sherman up there by driving up the hill or something. But it wasn't enough.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 05-09-2011, 16:09:29 »
Ah yes... the fruitless assault through the valley of death. I always marvel why most Teams put so much stock into that place.

I learnt the hard way on Gane Night 18, I think... or some night close to it. Followed all the rules, stayed in rear, threw smoke, moved from safe crater to safe crater.

But grenades and hidden mgs that kept displacing, mowed down my squad and myself each and everytime, even when we got only feets away from the bunker.

I always suggest strongly that my team split between the South and North, NEVER the center.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #82 on: 05-09-2011, 17:09:53 »
Valley of Death, interesting...  :)

I'll be having a look at some Tobruk when I get home, there's nothing more threatening than the Fh2 diving stukka noise, oh wait there is, 3 diving stukkas.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 05-09-2011, 19:09:10 »
Well, I hate to say, I told em so... But I have... PLENTY

But really, that stretch on Hurtgen is just so easy to defend. At least with the cliffs of Point du Hoc, the Germans dont see you till you appear over the side of the cliff - On Hurtgen.. They see you a mile away, and simply need to wait to roll a grenade down on you. And with that stretch as narrow as it is, it takes little more than a good squad to defend it, and they have MGs...

Oh boy, do they HAVE mgs.

Its a matter of maths really, yet some people still think real world tactics don't apply and go on like Lambs to the slaughter... or more accurately, like lemmings.