Author Topic: FH Game Night 18  (Read 10148 times)

Offline corsair89

• Cannon fodder
    • View Profile
Re: FH Game Night 18
« Reply #60 on: 28-08-2011, 18:08:12 »
Had my eyes closing after Sidi Rezegh - and was too tired after the final defeat at Hurtgen and some dwindling teamwork on St. Lo to go on... I think I actually flamed quite after my Squad leader kept this StuG moving in the open and prevented us from spawning at any safe spot to reclaim the hill, then finally got blown up himself.

Djinn I didn't understand why you did not open a new squad with you as SL, the one we got at Hill wasn't really worried about the flag and his squadmates :-\

Otherwise I had some fun, mainly by playing maps I had not seen since 2.3 (or even 2.15 with Aberdeen). However, my computer prevented me to enjoy Vossenack, crashing and disconnecting with the help of Punkbuster. That was not the most fun GN I experienced but a fun one nevertheless

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #61 on: 28-08-2011, 18:08:59 »
The scourge that was sniper Moose, this is a funny shot for me, because of the text, I was just about to order everyone down the hill to find sniper moose, and he shot me from afar.

This is a beautiful shot imo, showing just how things can get real in FH2, we're driving to the church, and the driver is shot in the head (muzzle flash came from the second floor of the church!), the gunner shits it as the APC grinds to a halt and I'm in the back waiting for the APC to get hit by a concealed panther we just passed.

« Last Edit: 28-08-2011, 18:08:36 by von.small »
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 28-08-2011, 20:08:36 »
Rejoice: Battlerecordings -> Hier

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 28-08-2011, 23:08:01 »
This is a beautiful shot imo, showing just how things can get real in FH2, we're driving to the church, and the driver is shot in the head (muzzle flash came from the second floor of the church!), the gunner shits it as the APC grinds to a halt and I'm in the back waiting for the APC to get hit by a concealed panther we just passed.

Haha! I think I was that driver. I recall that. Forgot to close the blinds... I actually thought you were dead too. It was an mg I think. First to get into the town, and that was our reward.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #64 on: 29-08-2011, 16:08:19 »
Rejoice: Battlerecordings -> Hier

Thanks loads for organising this, really appreciate it Flippy, I will be back soon with a little something(s)... Mr Demille, I'm ready for my shot now.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 29-08-2011, 20:08:36 »
Had my eyes closing after Sidi Rezegh - and was too tired after the final defeat at Hurtgen and some dwindling teamwork on St. Lo to go on... I think I actually flamed quite after my Squad leader kept this StuG moving in the open and prevented us from spawning at any safe spot to reclaim the hill, then finally got blown up himself.

Djinn I didn't understand why you did not open a new squad with you as SL, the one we got at Hill wasn't really worried about the flag and his squadmates :-\

Otherwise I had some fun, mainly by playing maps I had not seen since 2.3 (or even 2.15 with Aberdeen). However, my computer prevented me to enjoy Vossenack, crashing and disconnecting with the help of Punkbuster. That was not the most fun GN I experienced but a fun one nevertheless

You know I considered that...

Problem with Game Nights is, the way its advertised, you get most of the regular Vets, who you know, and who know you too well... So beyond the insecurity to lead them, you also get prima donnas who don't ALWAYS listen to orders. Especially when you smell of green.

Then you also get random players... not from around here. And they dont even realize the texts flying across the screen are anything more than just that - Text.

Basically, I was kinda spent after the former battles, so that action on St Lo was the proverbial straw that broke the Camel's back for me.

But I regret I wasn't there sooner. Its always to play with the regulars... See who is who beyond the text :)

Sorry you couldn't be there for Vossenack. Still, I think I did such a lousy job, it wasn't much of a loss if you missed that. One less witness.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 29-08-2011, 21:08:50 »
So how should I advertise it then?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 29-08-2011, 22:08:19 »
Not saying the advertising is a problem, Flippy. Just said, its the curse of that blessing. Its GREAT to play with the regulars on the forum. Its just impossible to be a squad leader to em.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 29-08-2011, 22:08:06 »
There is no problem with FHGN and advertising, Djinn is having leadership troubles. Just yell something in your Mic, Djinn, and lead by example.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 29-08-2011, 22:08:14 »
Its just impossible to be a squad leader to em.

Im sure theres plenty of people here who totally disagree. :)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 29-08-2011, 23:08:40 »
Well, I guess its just my experience... Still, its fascinating seeing all the Vets have at it, and how each person plays...

I know for one, Moose is to be feared!

But I do have to give credit to Von.Small. You'd be pained to find a better teammate to be in your foxhole than this guy right here... Each and every time.

Thanks man!

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #71 on: 30-08-2011, 00:08:22 »
a pleasure sir  Djinn :) I like squad leaders who are actively thinking about plans to attack or defend like yourself, sometimes you do get wrapped up in the battle trying to order the whole team, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, just you sometimes scare me how seriously you take the fight  :D

I got to say another lol moment was driving through tank fire to deliver moose a Kubelwagon we met up at the tree line in Oberdorf and I handed it over, neither of us shot at each other, quite a strange gaming moment, he then raced off and I walked back to my squad.  Friendship extends beyond the uniform you wear.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 30-08-2011, 01:08:06 »
a pleasure sir  Djinn :) I like squad leaders who are actively thinking about plans to attack or defend like yourself, sometimes you do get wrapped up in the battle trying to order the whole team, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, just you sometimes scare me how seriously you take the fight  :D

I got to say another lol moment was driving through tank fire to deliver moose a Kubelwagon we met up at the tree line in Oberdorf and I handed it over, neither of us shot at each other, quite a strange gaming moment, he then raced off and I walked back to my squad.  Friendship extends beyond the uniform you wear.

Traitor!!! *jk*

Well, its mostly coordination with arty. I hate the sneak, sneak gaming on some maps. I much prefer alot of good cover like in Villers Bocage, Luttich and Lebisey to maps like Seige of Tobruk and El Alamein, so I tend to speak directly to whoever is on artillery and try to get them to fire smoke and creeping barrage on enemy positions.

I mean, it shouldn't be just about raking in frags, but directing the shots and KIND of shots where they are most needed. Its amazing what smoke cover can get done or what can be done with large charges of tanks and/ or infantry when they decide to move in step.

Yer, I do tend to roleplay quite a bit when I am ingame. Haven't got the voice yet, but working on that too... Its all fodder for my FH2 Tactical manual. What works, what doesn't, the way people play. So i need to immerse myself into the process.

And I think its just fun...
« Last Edit: 30-08-2011, 01:08:15 by djinn »

Offline M00SE

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 30-08-2011, 01:08:26 »
The scourge that was sniper Moose, this is a funny shot for me, because of the text, I was just about to order everyone down the hill to find sniper moose, and he shot me from afar.

I've made this my desktop.... it's to bright for me really....but I will suffer it for a couple of days just so I can gloat a little. ;D

The Kubel was a funny moment, kinda like a Christmas 1914 truce, only small scale.  :)

Offline Watchtower1001

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 30-08-2011, 09:08:45 »
Nice one Moose, +10xp for that.
"762 Admin"
"Watchtower's Fh2 2.45 Sound Conversion - http://tinyurl.com/WatchySoundMod"