Author Topic: Help on bf2 ai  (Read 2295 times)

Offline roxor

• View Profile
Help on bf2 ai
« on: 26-04-2016, 09:04:32 »
I have almost finished making a D'Day map for bf2...
all mg's set,obstacles set,bunkers set,Navmesh set...
but when i play the game the AI dont even Touch the mg's and keeps firing with their Hand rifles!!
I have played D'day map for Fh2 v1.5  ------>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yko5Bus1xvM

In this map the AI sticks to the mgs no matter what! but mine just leaves them even if i set "Enter on spawn"

Please guys tell me how can i make the AI to stick with mg's...i have spent  more than 6 months in this map!! so please reply!
 :-\

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Help on bf2 ai
« Reply #1 on: 26-04-2016, 13:04:47 »
I have almost finished making a D'Day map for bf2...
all mg's set,obstacles set,bunkers set,Navmesh set...
but when i play the game the AI dont even Touch the mg's and keeps firing with their Hand rifles!!
I have played D'day map for Fh2 v1.5  ------>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yko5Bus1xvM

In this map the AI sticks to the mgs no matter what! but mine just leaves them even if i set "Enter on spawn"

Please guys tell me how can i make the AI to stick with mg's...i have spent  more than 6 months in this map!! so please reply!
 :-\

Do they enter the emplacement on spawn and then leave or are they just ignoring the MGs?

Did you use "AIEnteronSpawn"?

Are the emplacements on the Infantry Navmesh?

Did you use customized static MGs or FH2 provided stock?

Offline roxor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-04-2016, 19:04:03 »

Do they enter the emplacement on spawn and then leave or are they just ignoring the MGs?

Did you use "AIEnteronSpawn"?

Are the emplacements on the Infantry Navmesh?

Did you use customized static MGs or FH2 provided stock?

I have used "AIEnteronSpawn" and i am using the vanilla Bf2 mgs (Mec_bipod)
yes they are on infantry Navmesh......eyerytime when they spawn on mg's they use it just for 3-4 seconds and leave them....and go for capturing the CP...
i read somewhere that increasing basic temp can help...so should i try?  if not then what to do?

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-04-2016, 23:04:07 »
The mec_bipod? A D-Day Map for vanilla BF2. Kinda Strange, but whatever.

Anyway, YES, make a copy of the weapon, put it in your map folder and make sure to load it with your map, try increasing the basic temp for the weapon's ai config file. The vanilla emplacements/stationary guns have a basic temp of about 5 I think, FH2 MG42s for example use 250 (!). I'd advice that you compare both ai config files and see where the differences lay that might help you to get the results you wish for.
« Last Edit: 27-04-2016, 00:04:26 by Darman »

Offline roxor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-04-2016, 06:04:16 »
The mec_bipod? A D-Day Map for vanilla BF2. Kinda Strange, but whatever.

Anyway, YES, make a copy of the weapon, put it in your map folder and make sure to load it with your map, try increasing the basic temp for the weapon's ai config file. The vanilla emplacements/stationary guns have a basic temp of about 5 I think, FH2 MG42s for example use 250 (!). I'd advice that you compare both ai config files and see where the differences lay that might help you to get the results you wish for.

Yes an "Mec_bipod" UNFORTUNATELY!!  :'( as i did'nt had that D-Day stuff in vanilla bf2 (I downloaded some statics for map but can't find mg's) and can't Use FH2 stuff for vanilla bf2...

Well thanks i am surely gonna try that and report the outcome here!! Thanks !! ;D

Offline roxor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-04-2016, 08:04:11 »
Still no luck!! :( i extracted Mec_bipod from the Objects_client and Objects server and changed the basic Temp in Objects.ai from 5 to 300!! but still the bots leave the Bipods and run to capture the flag...any helps now?

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28-04-2016, 08:04:41 »
Still no luck!! :( i extracted Mec_bipod from the Objects_client and Objects server and changed the basic Temp in Objects.ai from 5 to 300!! but still the bots leave the Bipods and run to capture the flag...any helps now?

Did you further compare the FH2 MG42 and your weapon's object.ai files?
Anyway, assuming you loaded the modified version/ replaced the original version of the mec_bipod correctly and it didn't work, and that you also tried increasing it to a super-high value for testing, and it didn't work.

Honestly my insight on this is extremely limited, since I never had to deal with a similar issue and would probably provide you with false leads from now on. You might want to PM gavrant about it, he used to be the guy in charge of dealing with such problems. But usually on something like this, the basicTemp is the key.
« Last Edit: 28-04-2016, 08:04:31 by Darman »

Offline roxor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28-04-2016, 09:04:48 »
Thanks for the help darman, When i deleted EASI plugin from my map! it worked like a charm!! the bots now loves the mg's!!

but one more problem aroused,
i have placed a second combat area, which limits the playable ground for Team 2 (GERMANS) just in front of the bunkers which should limit the bots from going Ahead of it....but my bots are so dumb that everytime they cross that combat area and die!!!! I just dont know how to solve this problem and limit bots from going ahead that area!!  CAN DELETING NEIGHBOR HELP???

Edit : Yes i have drawn the combat area anti-clockwise
« Last Edit: 28-04-2016, 09:04:38 by roxor »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28-04-2016, 10:04:01 »
AFAIK this can't be fixed. The bots even run on the beach in the official FH2 Omaha Beach map.

Offline roxor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28-04-2016, 15:04:57 »
AFAIK this can't be fixed. The bots even run on the beach in the official FH2 Omaha Beach map.

Well i played omaha beach map for v2.5   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yko5Bus1xvM

how must have did this guy managed to do that???  ???  ??? ???

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28-04-2016, 19:04:47 »
:) Would've helped to know you were still using ESAI, since it heavily messes with temperatures of strategic areas. But good for you that it works now.

And if you don't want the bots to walk onto the beach, just make the neighbour a one way, so that for example only the "bunker" CP has the incoming neighbour "beach", but "beach" doesn't have the incoming neighbour "bunker". Meaning AI commanders will never tell defending bots to attack the beach. They might move towards it to engage spotted enemies, but usually they should stick to the positions they've been assigned a defend-order for.

Offline roxor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29-04-2016, 07:04:10 »
Dude....I have 3 CP's on the beach and named them temporarily (USA_landings,Usa_landings2,Usa landings3) and other 3 CP's Behind the bunkers (German_defence1,2,3)

so you mean that I just One way neighbour the Beach CP's to one way neighbour The bunker cp's

or

I just dont set neighbours for the Bunker CP's ??  ??? ??? ???

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29-04-2016, 12:04:23 »
you need to add one way neighbors: USA landings CPs --> German_defence CPs.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29-04-2016, 12:04:57 »
Exactly what aserafimov said, but don't forget to keep the bunker CPs neighours for second-line German CPs like an HQ perhaps?

And it doesn't matter how many CPs you have, the system stays the same. The Editor can be inconvenient at times, so when doing changes to the the strategic areas after the initial setup, I'd suggest you do them in the respective StrategicAreas.ai file, that way you'll also exactly know what I was pointing at in my last post.
« Last Edit: 29-04-2016, 12:04:36 by Darman »

Offline roxor

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29-04-2016, 16:04:23 »
SO as you guys said...what i did,that first of all i deleted all the strategic areas and made new one
then One way neighbored the USA_Landings areas to GERMAN one's and then ONE way neighbored the GERMAN one's with another GERMAN one's  and i did'nt neighbor them with USA

but still the bots cross the combat area and run to capture the beach CP's!! :( :(

any helps?? or did i did something wrong?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???