Author Topic: [Texture] Matt_Baker's Texture Pack (Image Heavy)  (Read 17638 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: [Texture] Matt_Baker's Texture Pack (Image Heavy)
« Reply #60 on: 05-07-2016, 19:07:51 »
Hi Matt, love your texture pack! If I may suggest something... it would be nice if you could consider making textures for British vehicles used on Greece maps or vehicles used by Canadians on their maps so they would be more distinctive. Sorry for my bad english... Keep up the good work! ;)

Note that the only difference for the Canadian vehicles would be markings, they had no distinct camo colours or something like that.

Offline Kasztelan

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 05-07-2016, 20:07:38 »
Yes I know that. I just think that if they are considered a seperate faction they should have proper unit markings on their vehicles. But I know these are just small details. If you think about it Jeeps in this pack also have the same camo and just different markings but they were textured nonetheless ;)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 06-07-2016, 01:07:05 »
Yea, I always felt like the Canadians deserved their own set of markings for each of their vehicles. They are their own faction imo. It's also a little strange to see the Canadian marked Achilles on Villers Bocage and then the British marked Shermans on Totalize.

But right now I'm basing my skins of of what might help the devs in their future releases at the moment and releasing textures from there. Once that's done I can plug away at other random textures... we'll see ;D

Offline PoliorcetE

• En lutte contre le crabe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 11-10-2016, 15:10:32 »
Hi all
love your work , it's great.
just a question : did you thought to make a new skin for the Wespe ?
it's not a order so don't bashing me plz.
see you on battlefield.
A+
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?" Pierre Desproges.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 11-10-2016, 19:10:50 »
Haven't made anything for the Wespe yet. I might get around to it in the future tho. I've been pretty busy with other stuff so it's been a while since I've textured something.

If you have ideas for a new wespe camo and a map it could be used on, post it :D

Offline PoliorcetE

• En lutte contre le crabe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 11-10-2016, 20:10:40 »
i understand , take your time  :)

i think about something like this for Villers or Totalize :

and for Arad:

A+
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?" Pierre Desproges.

Offline Kasztelan

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 02-07-2017, 19:07:54 »
Hey Matt, anything new? Also would you be so kind and tell what are your sources on these markings? I recently got interested in vehicle markings and I wonder if you know any nice books or websites about this topic.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 02-07-2017, 22:07:45 »
Nah nothing new lately. I've gotten into playing RS2 and also trying to make a new map. That's taken up a lot of my time. If I can finish my map, It'll need new vehicle textures which I'm sure to do :)

Sources? I basically Google stuff when I need to know what markings to put for a specific map. But these websites always pop up and have great stuff;

American Vehicle markings guide;
http://olive-drab.com/od_mvg_markings.php

Missing Lynx is a military modeling website (mostly WW2) that has a ton of great sources about vehicle numbers or names or markings in general. Steve Zaloga the historian frequents the forums a lot afaik
http://www.missing-lynx.com/

Flames of War, another great modeling website. They do a lot of research on various things;
http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=3754
http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=590

Russian markings;
http://www.wio.ru/tank/oz/oz-en.htm

and Wings Palette is great for  aircraft markings;
http://wp.scn.ru/

Most good stuff is in books also, but those are hard to access. Osprey Publishing has a lot of great illustrations in their books that explain things very easily.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 13-07-2017, 08:07:19 »
All of this good work should be put in the official version!! Great job!!
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline nukochu

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 29-03-2018, 09:03:44 »
Hi!
I'd love to install this, unfortunately the Community Content Updater tells me it's been 'waiting for seeds' for the past hour. Is there no way to manually install this mod?

Offline nukochu

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 03-04-2018, 09:04:37 »
Hi!
I'd love to install this, unfortunately the Community Content Updater tells me it's been 'waiting for seeds' for the past hour. Is there no way to manually install this mod?
Issue still hasn't been resolved and I've been trying to download it several times now, leaving it on for hours. :<

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 03-04-2018, 16:04:55 »
Hmmm, I don't have the files on this computer right now, the best way to get it is still through the updater. Usually if you leave it on, it will download.

If you join our discord; https://discord.gg/QnQ9JpS someone might be able to help you with the community updater.

Offline nukochu

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 03-04-2018, 19:04:55 »
It's now been fixed and it works, thank you!

Offline Sgt.Robharts

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 10-07-2018, 19:07:38 »
Hi there,

I had your amazing textures for a while, but now the Community Updater seems to not even know your work…

I tried to upadte the Community Updater but in vain since he asks for an emergency link or some sort…

Someone can help me? :(

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 11-07-2018, 00:07:39 »
Yea, even I don't have the texture's installed atm :P they're on a separate hard drive somewhere and I haven't re-installed them on my PC. If I find time, I'll re-upload them so people can put it in manually.

Other than that Harmo runs the updater (I think), and I think he's still getting stuff in order for the CMP map-pack. I figure that once the updated CMP is ready my texture pack will also be available. Maybe if he finds time he can fix my texture pack for the uploader :)