Author Topic: Antitank Driving with Kubelwagen  (Read 6676 times)

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Antitank Driving with Kubelwagen
« Reply #15 on: 04-08-2009, 00:08:51 »
Some nice pics there, especially the last, brings back happy hunting Mammories!  8)
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #16 on: 04-08-2009, 00:08:50 »
happy hunting Mammories!  8)
I wants me some of this...

Biiviz

« Reply #17 on: 04-08-2009, 09:08:38 »
happy hunting Mammories!  8)
I wants me some of this...

I hunt mammories as well ;D

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #18 on: 04-08-2009, 11:08:02 »
Quote from: The Worthers Original Grandad
I remember being in Desert Rats squad and doing this - except with all the Benny Hill shenanigans after taking out 4 tanks we somehow had all swapped seats - I was now in the back with a german kit I had picked up to take a bandage from, I selected stielhandgranate and was going to throw it out the back of the kuble at some bren gunners and their squad leader, we raced through a hangar and neared our franticlly firing targets, I pressed mouse 2 and waited for the explosion.  Wait, I pressed mouse 2, oh snap...

Now in moments of idiocy, time has the perplexing habit of slowing down, allowing you to view with equal tragedy the full circumference of your stupidity from a variety of different angles.
In the moments that passed enough information was relayed for all who travelled in that fateful kubelwagon to realise that they were going to die,

There was the 'tinkle' sound of stielhandgranate falling into kubel wagon...
Desertrat: so did you throw??
von.small: sorta

The kubel slammed to a halt, and BOOM, 3 TKs and a minus for apparent suiciding.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04-08-2009, 11:08:04 »
Now in moments of idiocy, time has the perplexing habit of slowing down, allowing you to view with equal tragedy the full circumference of your stupidity from a variety of different angles.
In the moments that passed enough information was relayed for all who travelled in that fateful kubelwagon to realise that they were going to die,

Lock, stock and two smoking barrels or Snatch ! I know I have heard this before.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Jürgen

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04-08-2009, 12:08:24 »
I remember being in Desert Rats squad and doing this - except with all the Benny Hill shenanigans after taking out 4 tanks we somehow had all swapped seats - I was now in the back with a german kit I had picked up to take a bandage from, I selected stielhandgranate and was going to throw it out the back of the kuble at some bren gunners and their squad leader, we raced through a hangar and neared our franticlly firing targets, I pressed mouse 2 and waited for the explosion.  Wait, I pressed mouse 2, oh snap...

The kubel slammed to a halt, and BOOM, 3 TKs and a minus for apparent suiciding.

"BAIL OUT BAIL OUT"
"what?"
BOOM
"lol,what happened?"
"I had the sticky loaded"
"me too"
"hm..."

Offline Jürgen

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05-08-2009, 00:08:20 »
Today I have met von.small ingame.
We had a great round...
Some pictures...including firefights with enemy jeeps :)

Tanks we killed:

Ambush to enemy jeep!

Firefight with enemy vehicle!

This is how we ended...

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #22 on: 05-08-2009, 10:08:51 »
I have to say that was the most fun I have had in game for a long time, - had a really good laugh as I went to bed last night, that "last run" was epic, reversing away from that fully operational M3 - then we took out that crusader and it turned firing a death shot that blew up the kubel - that ended the round as we were on 4 tickets, I tell you - Speilberg Lucas and Scorsase could not sit down and write a more exciting movie story.

There was that really embarrassing bit when we raced into town, skidded round the corner and bumped into three enemy inf who all got out their webleys and shot us!  :D  Which turned it into "resuce the kubel" map after they taunted we would not get it back.

It was an amazing round, and as if my love for FH2 could not get any bigger, that blast on Mersa rekindled any lost love.

[I'll post my screens when i get home]

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05-08-2009, 10:08:09 »
The firefight with the other jeep looks so funny. ;D

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #24 on: 05-08-2009, 11:08:36 »
they tried to turn on us and use a sticky bomb, which we managed to swerve away from, as we tried to loose them near the station one of their squadmates layed a mine over the tracks which we hit - and it unfortunately* went off, killing us all, it was an epic chase though.

unfortunatley* - which reminds me of another moment as we drove high speed into Matruh West from the northern hills, we were going full speed, and then we all saw the mine flags, there was a bang and the back of the jeep lifted up, we'd gone over the mines so quickly they exploded and they didn't kill us, our squad leader slammed the brakes on thinking we were all in trouble but we were scratch free, - then a crusdaer came roudn the corner and blew us up while we checked our kubel for shit stains.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05-08-2009, 15:08:32 »
Hehe, it was nice to read in the all chat about the Kubel rescue part and all. I was at Garawla defending from 2 infantry guys who came via the same route again and again, never to cap the flag (OK, they capped it once, for 2 minutes, then we had it back).

About the rounds: with one side bleeding almost the entire round, it still takes 45 minutes to finish Mersa Matruh, or Alam Halfa. This is a tad too long imo. Servers can set the amount of tickets, right? Then I hope the hslan admins diminish the amount a little, with say, 100 tickets.

Offline Capten_C

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #26 on: 05-08-2009, 15:08:30 »
they tried to turn on us and use a sticky bomb, which we managed to swerve away from, as we tried to loose them near the station one of their squadmates layed a mine over the tracks which we hit - and it unfortunately* went off, killing us all, it was an epic chase though.

I think it was the Crazyhorse Willys ye were chasing, as quick as the mighty Kubel is, it can't out donut the Willys which is how we managed to get away, and if getting away by the skin of our teeth wasn't enough, it was an added bonus to hear that pesky Kubel engaging with that mine!  ;D
We had a couple of P2's and P4's to our haul, getting a big juicy P4 with just a few tickets to go, also managed to take a screenie of your Kubel end of round!  Is something religious going on there? I suggest you park in front of the Mosque next time!  ;)

LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #27 on: 05-08-2009, 16:08:34 »
when tank hunting we always try to get back to the Tyranal Brothers Grocery store for the closing scene of the game   ;D  so everyone is reminded that they were harrassed by the awesome kubel! ftw ftw

^ in that pic we'd just run into a crusader with 4 tickets to spare as mentioned above it shot us and ended the round.
« Last Edit: 05-08-2009, 16:08:08 by von.small »

Offline Capten_C

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #28 on: 05-08-2009, 18:08:35 »
Never thought of that b4!  Will try and get to the Tyranal Brothers Grocery Store for the end of round pic next  time!

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #29 on: 05-08-2009, 20:08:13 »